Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > One click suites for DVD backup and DVD creation
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 21st December 2003, 14:14   #1  |  Link
fusion007
getting there member

dvdshrink multi episode

im trying to back up my friends discs,they have 4 episodes on each side of the disc i rip each side to hd open shrink+movie then reauthor now i did get it to create the files but i want each episode to be a chapter(ie chapter 1-8 for each episode)using the start/end function i try to create chaptors but it wont it will only select chapter 1(if youre following). any ideas?

p.s i did try to follow a suggestion i found in the search but that didnt work!
Old 21st December 2003, 14:56   #2  |  Link
Kedirekin

I don't think you can. DVDShrink creates a separate title for each start-end selection. If you take the GUI literally, you'll see what I mean - each title on the left (in the reauthor window) becomes a title of its own in the resulting DVD output.

Creating separate titles wouldn't be much of a problem, except you can't use the skip button (on the remote) once you're on the last chapter of a title to go to the next title. You're trying to skip to the next chapter and there isn't one.

Many DVDs put a tiny 0.15 second chapter at the end of a title so you can skip to the end of the title (and thereby seemingly skip to the next title or back to the menu), but Shrink doesn't do that. Perhaps a future version will be enhanced to do this in reauthor mode (hint-hint).

Check out How to place chapters from multiple DVDs onto one? in the newbie forum. The thread is a little long because we got confused talking about different versions of Shrink, but farmer dan does explain how to do what you want (I think) using VobEdit and IfoEdit.

Last edited by Kedirekin; 21st December 2003 at 15:22.
Kedirekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2003, 15:23   #3  |  Link
2COOL
PGC Navigator in Training

Well, I did come up with a way to skip from title to title with re-authored DVD Shrink movies but you need to use the Title menu button. Here's the guide.
Old 21st December 2003, 15:26   #4  |  Link
fusion007
getting there member

thanks for a quick response going to give it a go,im actually trying something with ifoedit following another guide ill report back l8r.
Old 24th December 2003, 18:07   #5  |  Link
fusion007
getting there member

i found a very quick and easy way to do this,i ran them through shrink then just re-authored with tmpeg dvd,worked a treat.