Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > PC Hard & Software

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 5th March 2018, 14:36   #1  |  Link
LigH
German doom9/Gleitz SuMo

Can't get rid of Opera 12... no similar IRC client

The more I search for alternative software, the more reasons I find to keep using Opera 12.

Vivaldi was supposed to become the successor of the versatile web suite. But for years now, the only part of it which appears to be actively developed is the web browser. No more life signs of a mail or even IRC client.

So I was looking for alternative IRC clients, and I read a lot about several different clients working as Windows application or as web app, but there is one feature neither offers: An offline list of favourite networks and channels. I want to see a list of favourite channels in several IRC networks already before I connect to one of them. Just like in Opera 12. And I do not wish to automatically connect to all of these channels when connecting to a network.

Am I the only one who wants this feature?!
_

P.S.: Nicolas Kruse told me via email that Nettalk may be able to support such a feature via scripting; but I would not know how to implement that.

New German Gleitz board
MediaFire: x264 | x265 | VPx | AOM | Xvid

Last edited by LigH; 5th March 2018 at 14:39.
LigH is offline   Reply With Quote