Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Old 18th June 2009, 03:35   #21  |  Link
aNToK

Guess I'm a bit late to the party or a little slow, but is there a working download location for version 0.99a? All links to versions of hybridfupp except 0.98a just lead me to the filefront homepage.
aNToK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2009, 09:18   #22  |  Link
FuPP
TotalEclipseOfTheBrain

Yes, link seems to be broken. Anyway, I will post 0.991b today. I should have done this for a while, but I was a bit busy...

FuPP
FuPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2009, 20:14   #23  |  Link
aNToK

New version, cool! Still having fun playing with all the parameters and seeing what they can do.

Thanks for the reply!
aNToK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2009, 14:04   #24  |  Link
FuPP
TotalEclipseOfTheBrain

Updated to 0.991b (see post #1)

FuPP
Old 1st July 2009, 06:20   #25  |  Link
rkalwaitis
Robert

Fupp

I finally finished moving and am now ready to play again. Thanks for sharing your hard work with us.
rkalwaitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2010, 08:40   #26  |  Link
Magix_995

Any working link ?

With http://avisynth.org/mediawiki/upload...ybridFuPP.avsi I'm unable to find deen.dll (and it's old version ?)
Magix_995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2010, 23:44   #27  |  Link
FuPP
TotalEclipseOfTheBrain

Hi,

I have updated the link in the first post.

Thanks for interest,

FuPP

PS : every filter you need is in the archive

Last edited by FuPP; 6th April 2010 at 23:47.
Old 7th April 2010, 12:06   #28  |  Link
Magix_995

Hi,
Thanks for support
Magix_995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2011, 19:28   #29  |  Link
SilaSurfer

Hello Fupp. I just tried your function and I'm very pleased with it. I just have some questions about some settings.

This would be the right call if I wanted to replace Unfilter with another sharpener?

HybridFupp(x,y,preset="HybridQ", E1="favorite sharpener") and mask is the sharpened with it right?

Well I'm dealing somethimes with clean sources so replacing denoisers in your function like

HybridFupp(x,y,preset="HybridQ", N2="RemoveGrain(mode=2)") seems ok?

I like the way your function is using masktools to improve the visual details. Just need to find that sweet spot. Nice work, man. Wish you all the best.
SilaSurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2011, 14:09   #30  |  Link
FuPP
TotalEclipseOfTheBrain

Hi SilaSurfer,

Quote:
HybridFupp(x,y,preset="HybridQ", E1="favorite sharpener") and mask is the sharpened with it right?
Yes, E1 is used to override default edges processing done before resizing operations (use E2 if you want to process edges after resizing operations ; be aware you will have then to override E1 too in that case, using E1="", E2="your_favorite_sharpener").
Quote:
HybridFupp(x,y,preset="HybridQ", N2="RemoveGrain(mode=2)") seems ok
correct.

Quote:
I like the way your function is using masktools to improve the visual details. Just need to find that sweet spot. Nice work, man. Wish you all the best.
thanks a lot for your kind words
Old 21st May 2011, 15:29   #31  |  Link
SilaSurfer

You're welcome Fupp. Sorry for typo's, I was at work when typing my post (yeah I also browse this forum at work, just don't tell my boss)

HqbridQ preset is tweaked for compressibility gain that is why it uses diffrent resamplers to resample diffrent parts of the image, but Edge, Skin and Dark areas enhancements are not intended for compressibility gain? (correct me if I'm wrong)

Avarage bitrates for me spread from 1400 to 2000Kbps with Xvid for Dvd's, for Blu-rays I use x264 where I resample down to 720p. My goal is preserving more details in my backups and not achieving highest compressibility. So something like this comes to mind:

HybridFupp(x,y,preset="Very High", N1="", N2=RemoveGrain(mode=2), Fast=false, Enh_Str=5, EM_Mode=1, E_thr=135-200, E_Auto_Str=Auto, E_Str_N=7-10, DS_Enh=true, DS_Enh_Thr=48, Skin=true)

Combining HybridQ with Very High preset, taking actually just those settings that increase picture details and not those that raise the compressibility.

What if I use higher E_thr setting, will that detect edges more accurate? I used "Show" option in your function, and the more E_thr is raised, reddish color around the edges starts to disappear. Future request: HybridQ settings that are aimed for higher bitrates would be nice. Thanks
Old 22nd May 2011, 19:20   #32  |  Link
Mounir

How does this filter compare to fft3dfilter ?
Mounir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2011, 21:25   #33  |  Link
Didée

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mounir View Post
How does this filter compare to fft3dfilter ?
FFT3DFilter is more snigirgilicious, HybridFuPP is more snagargalicious.

My little flickr gallery. (Yes indeed, I do have hobbies other than digital video!)
Didée is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2011, 23:11   #34  |  Link
Mounir

Hmm can you say it again ? i don't speak Gibberish
Mounir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2011, 11:07   #35  |  Link
FuPP
TotalEclipseOfTheBrain

@SilaSurfer

HybridQ uses some special features intended to process more radically the source, as skin processing, multiple resizers, dark areas processing and so on, while maintaining good compressibility : the goal is to drive a little bit more the codec used for encoding. Other presets like 'very High', 'Medium', 'Low' are more 'classic'.

E_Thr = 135 enables to detect edges while not getting noise. In my opinion, good values are between 130-140.

As always, all settings depend on :

- your source
- codec and bitrate used
- your taste

@Didée

True. More or less...

@Mounir

FFT3DFilter is a denoiser. HybridFuPP is a multi-processor (using FFT3DFilter in some cases).
Old 24th May 2011, 12:19   #36  |  Link
SilaSurfer

Thanks Fupp for short explanation. I know it depends on the source and individual taste. Anyway, again nice function. It has a spot in my favorite to use scripts.

Fupp Could these three functions from HybridFupp be used independantly:

Skin Enhancment
Adding grain on the edges
Dark Scene Enhancment

I would like to use those three alone if possible because I'm not resizing a perticular source.

Last edited by SilaSurfer; 4th June 2011 at 18:34.
Old 18th February 2012, 04:18   #37  |  Link
nibus
Telewhining

Thanks for this great script Fupp! I've been using HybridQ on some lower bitrate encodes and they've turned out great (better than alternatives at higher bitrates in fact).

When resizing to standard resolutions (360p/480p) does HybridFupp work best when applied at 1080p, or would it work better to scale down to say 720p first and then apply HybridFupp?
nibus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2012, 20:37   #38  |  Link
Tommy B.
in love with x264

Thanks for the nice script - works pretty good and I really love this skin preserving feature

I had an issue though which was related to blocking in dark areas using HybridQ mode:

I have added "overlap" to the MV-parts and that fixed it:

Changed this code:
Code:
bv         = M_process && M_TRadius >=1 ? MAnalyse(super, isb = true,  lambda=1000, blksize=Bl_size)          : NulC
fv         = M_process && M_TRadius >=1 ? MAnalyse(super, isb = false, lambda=1000, blksize=Bl_size)          : NulC
bv2        = M_process && M_TRadius >=2 ? MAnalyse(super, isb = true,  lambda=1000, blksize=Bl_size, delta=2) : NulC
fv2        = M_process && M_TRadius >=2 ? MAnalyse(super, isb = false, lambda=1000, blksize=Bl_size, delta=2) : NulC
bv3        = M_process && M_TRadius >=3 ? MAnalyse(super, isb = true,  lambda=1000, blksize=Bl_size, delta=3) : NulC
fv3        = M_process && M_TRadius >=3 ? MAnalyse(super, isb = false, lambda=1000, blksize=Bl_size, delta=3) : NulC
into this:
Code:
bv         = M_process && M_TRadius >=1 ? MAnalyse(super, isb = true,  lambda=1000, blksize=Bl_size, overlap=Bl_size/2)          : NulC
fv         = M_process && M_TRadius >=1 ? MAnalyse(super, isb = false, lambda=1000, blksize=Bl_size, overlap=Bl_size/2)          : NulC
bv2        = M_process && M_TRadius >=2 ? MAnalyse(super, isb = true,  lambda=1000, blksize=Bl_size, delta=2, overlap=Bl_size/2) : NulC
fv2        = M_process && M_TRadius >=2 ? MAnalyse(super, isb = false, lambda=1000, blksize=Bl_size, delta=2, overlap=Bl_size/2) : NulC
bv3        = M_process && M_TRadius >=3 ? MAnalyse(super, isb = true,  lambda=1000, blksize=Bl_size, delta=3, overlap=Bl_size/2) : NulC
fv3        = M_process && M_TRadius >=3 ? MAnalyse(super, isb = false, lambda=1000, blksize=Bl_size, delta=3, overlap=Bl_size/2) : NulC
Tommy B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2012, 09:29   #39  |  Link
nibus
Telewhining

Thanks Tommy B, I've been searching on how to remedy this blocking and up until now had now luck.
nibus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2012, 00:22   #40  |  Link
FuPP
TotalEclipseOfTheBrain

Hi,

I had fixed overlaping (don't know how I could miss that !) and some other little things in HybridFuPP 0.992b but never posted it. If you are interested, I will.

FuPP