Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 AVC / H.264
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20th October 2003, 09:09   #1  |  Link
FastMike

[TEST] Rv9, Divx 51, H.264 R-D Plots

Ok guys,

I did some tests using the VQEG 'Mobile & Calendar' sequence. I deinterlaced it using Tom's MoComp, converted to YV12, and cropped it to 720x480. I encoded using all the slowest settings with all pre/post processing disabled. Each video followed the GOP structure IBPBPBP...

Target Bitrates (k): 256, 512, 768, 1500, 2000, 3000, 4000,6000

mobile_lg.png

Divx 5.1 2-Pass , slowest, no PyschoVisual

RealVideo 9 - 2-Pass, CBR, encoderComplexity=100, noisyEdgeFilter=false, MSL=60, patternAdaptivity=1, scalingFactor=20

H.264 - JM 6.1e, 5 Reference frames, CABAC, R-D on, Hadamard on. Since no rate control exists, Iframe QP = Pframe = Bframe QP - 2 (about 20% larger step size)

I would love to include WM9, but I don't know of an easy to way to perform command line encoding to ease batch encoding.

I am trying to keep this a fair comparison as possible, so please feel free to posts any questions, comments, and suggestions you might have. I will be posting more data as soon as I have it.
FastMike is offline   Reply With Quote