Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 27th January 2008, 10:21   #1841  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanD View Post
Any possibility the developers of eac3to and evodemux could merge the functionality?
I don't think so. For one, Pelican is on journey for months and we don't know when he's coming back. Furthermore although eac3to and EvoDemux share some functionality, they differ quite a lot in what they aim to do. EvoDemux doesn't have anything to do with audio conversion/processing or MKV muxing. And those are the main targets of eac3to.
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2008, 16:05   #1842  |  Link
tteich

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
I don't think so. For one, Pelican is on journey for months and we don't know when he's coming back. Furthermore although eac3to and EvoDemux share some functionality, they differ quite a lot in what they aim to do. EvoDemux doesn't have anything to do with audio conversion/processing or MKV muxing. And those are the main targets of eac3to.
madshi,

thank you for the great work you've been putting into this software. Any chance that EVOB/HDDVD file muxing is added to eac3to? I've been looking around for a while now to find a tool which accepts my h264 and DTS/AC3 streams, which I'd like to mux into a HDDVD compliant (standard content) structure. Commercial software seem to limit the support to a few audio / video codecs (e.g. Toast 9 does not accept DTS streams and VC-1 video, afaik).
tteich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2008, 16:57   #1843  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tteich View Post
thank you for the great work you've been putting into this software. Any chance that EVOB/HDDVD file muxing is added to eac3to? I've been looking around for a while now to find a tool which accepts my h264 and DTS/AC3 streams, which I'd like to mux into a HDDVD compliant (standard content) structure. Commercial software seem to limit the support to a few audio / video codecs (e.g. Toast 9 does not accept DTS streams and VC-1 video, afaik).
I'm not planning to add EVOB muxing support to eac3to, sorry. Maybe Pelican wants to add that in EvoDemux? But I rather don't think so, either, cause it would be a really big task.
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2008, 21:17   #1844  |  Link
mpiper

I was really hoping to see remuxing EVO files added to EvoDemux or EAC3to.

Is there a way to manually mux or "rename" an MP4 with h264 and AC3 into an HD-DVD compliant EVO? All the existing software seem to insist on having an 1080-based resolution, while I want to create a mini HD-DVD on a DVD-R using the smaller 1280x720 resolution.

Alternatively, is there a way to "trick" the various encoders (Nero, Cyberlink, etc.) into accepting the 720 file without re-encoding? Supposedly, someone found a way to patch mpg2 HD files so that nero wouldn't recode (set header to read 1080) and then patch the finished format file back to the right resolution immediately before the burn. Can something like this be done for VC-1 or h264 files?
mpiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2008, 19:49   #1845  |  Link
mpiper

Quick question. Is an EVO file nothing but a VOB with a different extension (i.e. EVOB = Extended VOB, like EC3 is Extended AC3)

If so, can I use a musing program to create a VOB from the MKV and then rename to VOB and re-author from there?
Old 14th April 2008, 20:59   #1846  |  Link
mpiper

Any chance that this tool: mkv2vob http://www.videohelp.com/tools/mkv2vob

might be our solution?
Old 15th April 2008, 14:35   #1847  |  Link
tteich

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpiper View Post
Any chance that this tool: mkv2vob http://www.videohelp.com/tools/mkv2vob

might be our solution?
This tool generates DVD containers (VOBs) which contain video with higher resolution and size and advanced audio codecs than specified in the DVD standard. The PS3 seems to be able to play those vobs, but I doubt that a HDDVD-player will. Although... it's worth a try...
tteich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2008, 09:11   #1848  |  Link
xrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by orbitlee View Post
madshi, I want to confirm your requirement and my understanding. Currently this DD+ only source filter will refuse to open any AC3/DTS audio files, it only open DD+ audio. But it may connect to any downstream audio decoder filter, including ac3filter(not working of course) or sonic audio decoder 4.2(will work), unless you raise sonic audio decoder's merit or force DD+ source filter to connect to sonic audio decoder. I still don't know how to query the name of downstream audio decoder.

Here is another update, I included both version, DD+ only and full functiontional DTS/AC3/DD+. If you want to compile by yourself, use preprocessor macro DDPLUS_ONLY.
For the full functional version, I tested ac3filter and sonic audio decoder, with the following samples: AC3 192K, 384K, 448K, 640K, DTS 768K, 1536K, and some DD+. All samples work, and the runtime are also correct, at least on my system.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ce77vr
That dtsac3source version, is it used to passthrough DDP over spdif or transcode the signal on the fly to DD ?

I tried it and get only Stereo. My receiver is not able to DDP, maybe thats the reason.
xrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2008, 10:21   #1849  |  Link
nwg

Hi

I got a problem with Evodemux and Fearless HD DVD UK. I just keep the Mandarin audio and combine the two evo's. The result is only 40 minutes long and the subtitles are also wrong when I demux them. It crashes supread at 10% OCRing.

I am not sure what it does but if I adjust PTS to follow it looks i get the whole film but is still 25 minutes short on the time counter.

What does rebuild adv packs do?
nwg is offline   Reply With Quote