Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 6th December 2019, 18:49   #1  |  Link
yellowolf

Primary knowledge of multimedia required to debug tsmuxer?

There are no perfect or completely reliable software to demux Blu-ray disk at present. The features of the disks at hand is various, such as 3D, UHD, seamless branching, and so on. I mainly need the demuxed audio/subtitle stream and focus on it, and have tried eac3to, tsmuxer, mkvtoolnix, and ffmepg, only to finding that they all have some issues. The common issue is the demuxed AV are out of synchronous mainly due to the shorten or lengthen duration of audio streams. Only minor part of the disks can be demuxed without any problem.
Rather than continuously reporting issue and wait somebody to pay attention to for a long time, I would like to do something, such as debug, to contribute to the newly open-source tsmuxer. Any way, it seems the most dedicated demux/remux one, and it is in rapid development by several warm-hearted people.
However, my expertise is not the multimedia and even not the code. I just can read C language with slow speed, and know how to debug simple issue with IDE. I ever have spent 3-4 days to figure out the issue of random code when parsing mpls file and then commit a patch on github after learning how to use git. But when I come in the AV desynchronous problem, I feel totally blank. I want to make the accurate synchronous reach to frame. What preliminary knowledge on multimedia are required to debug the demux issue of tsmuxer? Any help or recommendation on good materials would be deeply appreciated. Bow~

Last edited by yellowolf; 7th December 2019 at 03:32.
yellowolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
demux, multimedia, seamless branching