Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Audio encoding
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 22nd January 2008, 23:22   #2841  |  Link
Richum

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
You're the 2nd person who reports this problems. Anybody else? To be honest, I've not the slightest idea why v2.16 doesn't work for you. Could you please retry v2.17?
It would be my pleasure. I will report back ASAP.

Thanks for all of your hard work, and as someone else mentioned, provide a way for us to financially support your efforts and I will be happy to do so.
Old 22nd January 2008, 23:24   #2842  |  Link
nautilus7

1. Thanks for new version.

2. I have Lives of others Blu-ray (24 fps) but video is avc, not vc-1. I guess you don't need a sample of this.

3. Re-ripping of Million Dollar Baby isn't an option for me (). Should i try again with 2.17, or the improved gap/overlap detection doesn't make any difference in this?

4. eac3to -test with 2.16 & 2.17 works fine.

5. In which cases should i use the option to remove the pulldown flags? What is the difference (i know i should have asked a few versions ago, when this feature was introduced)?

6. Can you answer us whether nero and libav truehd decoders can output more than 5.1 (6ch)?

Last edited by nautilus7; 22nd January 2008 at 23:31.
Old 23rd January 2008, 00:00   #2843  |  Link
Thunderbolt8

Quote:
Depends on how you demuxed the LPCM track. The remapping message should appear if you demuxed with xport. If you demux by using Haali's filters, the message will not appear. Hopefully Haali's filters then remapped the channels correctly. Don't know about that...
have only demuxed blu-ray files with xport so far. thats why im wondering, why this remapping message not always appeared in every case. so do you think there could be the problem, if this message didnt appear, that my channels have been remapped in the wrong way?
Old 23rd January 2008, 00:09   #2844  |  Link
Thunderbolt8

just tested hot fuzz with 2.17 again, still the same problem (also when I use the -ignoregaps option)

Last edited by Thunderbolt8; 23rd January 2008 at 00:54.
Old 23rd January 2008, 00:19   #2845  |  Link
rickardk

Uploading samples of Sum of all fears and Born on the 4th of July tonight (no time for this yesterday).

One thing that would be great is to have fps info stored in some way. Media Control 4.7 is close to have automatic refresh rate change for all us Vista Media Center users. It reads the refresh rate from ffdshow. And titles created with 2.15 and later are reported as 25fps. So the automatic refresh rate change/match functions does not work properly.
Old 23rd January 2008, 00:45   #2846  |  Link
Thunderbolt8

Quote:
Both samples mux perfectly fine to MKV on my PC. Are you sure that these samples don't work on your PC? What happens exactly for you?
as I said, when I try to play them with ffdshow (libavcodec) and haali, mpc will only open so far that it shows the background of the screen, but the stop/crash and react to nothing any more, with haali symbol in system tray. when I mux them with 2.14 everything plays fine
million dollar baby also doesnt work with 217 for me, it reports a gap of 9 frames at 0:00:01 playtime, but same problem as with the other movies.

heres the 24fps sample from infernal affairs, cut it with a hex editor so i hope its fine.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/g8ua0f

Last edited by Thunderbolt8; 23rd January 2008 at 01:46.
Old 23rd January 2008, 03:28   #2847  |  Link
darkbeats
1080ps3

I get this error after 30-40 min of processing:

Code:
C:\eac3to>eac3to.exe EVOB002.EVO ddda.mkv
EVO, 1 video track, 2 audio tracks, 2:03:53
1: VC-1, 1280x1080 24p /1.001
2: AC3, 2.0 channels, 192kbit/s, 48khz, dialnorm: -27dB
3: AC3, 2.0 channels, 192kbit/s, 48khz, dialnorm: -27dB
Extracting primary video track...
Extracting audio track number 2...
Extracting audio track number 3...
Muxing video to Matroska...
Removing dialog normalization...
Creating/writing file "audiotrack 1.ac3"...
Creating/writing file "audiotrack 2.ac3"...
This track is not clean. Processing aborted.
Please clean the track with delaycut and then retry eac3to.
Waiting for DirectShow decoder thread to finish. Please wait...
I've extracted track 2 audio with no errors, and ran it thru delaycut -fixcrc and it reports no errors. I'm assuming it's saying track 3 has errors then, (but haven't tried). Is there a way to specify only extracting track2 and ignoring the the other audio tracks? or am I barking up the wrong tree with this error?

edit: I extracted the first 150mb of the vc1 video from the evo and it looks amazing in powerdvd! now if i could just get the audio portion...

edit2: Track 3 is the problem. I re-ripped and still exists... something about the source. Just need to know how to skip unwanted audio tracks. Track 2 is the one I want.
Code:
c:\eac3to>eac3to.exe c:\temp\EVOB002.EVO 3:ddda3.ac3
EVO, 1 video track, 2 audio tracks, 2:03:53
1: VC-1, 1280x1080 24p /1.001
2: AC3, 2.0 channels, 192kbit/s, 48khz, dialnorm: -27dB
3: AC3, 2.0 channels, 192kbit/s, 48khz, dialnorm: -27dB
Extracting audio track number 3...
Creating/writing file "ddda3.ac3"...
This track is not clean. Processing aborted.
Please clean the track with delaycut and then retry eac3to.

Last edited by darkbeats; 23rd January 2008 at 08:04. Reason: new info
Old 23rd January 2008, 04:19   #2848  |  Link
sparknburn

With no fps stored in the mkv header, could someone possibly give me a heads up as to how to open my resulting MKV in MeGUI. It's telling me that there's no fps information in my file and to manually add the fps to my avisynth script. I tried but cant get it to work. Im using the avisynth script creator in the app itself. My goal is to re-encode down to 720 to play on my 360 - which until this latest version Ive been able to do using MeGUI.

Thanks!
Old 23rd January 2008, 04:40   #2849  |  Link
Richum

2.17 no luck

D:\EAC3>eac3to -test
Nero Audio Decoder (Nero 7 or older) doesn't seem to be installed
Sonic Audio Decoder (2.17.0.0) doesn't seem to be installed
Haali Media Splitter doesn't seem to be installed
Surcode DTS Encoder (1.0.21.0) is installed
MkvToolnix (v2.1.0) is installed

Same as 2.16, damn. Let me see if reinstalling will help.
Old 23rd January 2008, 04:48   #2850  |  Link
rickardk

2.17 handles Born on the 4th of July without problems...

Sample of Sum of all fears:
http://www.earselect.se/sum.evo

Last edited by rickardk; 23rd January 2008 at 07:21.
Old 23rd January 2008, 08:38   #2851  |  Link
nautilus7

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkbeats View Post
Is there a way to specify only extracting track2 and ignoring the the other audio tracks?
You can do this by using this command:

Code:
C:\eac3to>eac3to.exe EVOB002.EVO 1: ddda.mkv 2: audio.ac3
Alternately you can specify different options for each output file, like this:

Code:
C:\eac3to>eac3to.exe EVOB002.EVO 1: ddda.mkv -[options for 1:] 2: audio.ac3 -[options for 2:]
Old 23rd January 2008, 09:09   #2852  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nautilus7 View Post
2. I have Lives of others Blu-ray (24 fps) but video is avc, not vc-1. I guess you don't need a sample of this.
A sample would still be welcome. I've not seen any 24.000 fps samples yet, so I'd like to check that strange thing out. Have you tried remuxing the movie with eac3to? Did it work without problems?

Quote:
3. Re-ripping of Million Dollar Baby isn't an option for me (). Should i try again with 2.17, or the improved gap/overlap detection doesn't make any difference in this?
No, v2.17 won't help. Well, you could try v2.17 and then use mkvtoolnix to cut away the first 10 seconds (or so) of the movie. Maybe that helps, but I'm not sure...

Quote:
5. In which cases should i use the option to remove the pulldown flags? What is the difference (i know i should have asked a few versions ago, when this feature was introduced)?
Only if you want to create Xbox 360 compatible files.

Quote:
6. Can you answer us whether nero and libav truehd decoders can output more than 5.1 (6ch)?
Currently there's not a single TrueHD track with more than 5.1 channels available on any disk (that I know). So there's no way to test. I guess that Nero will probably be limited to 5.1. The libav decoder might currently also be limited to 5.1, but as soon as a sample with more than 5.1 is available, the libav decoder will surely be updated to support that.
Old 23rd January 2008, 09:18   #2853  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbolt8 View Post
have only demuxed blu-ray files with xport so far. thats why im wondering, why this remapping message not always appeared in every case. so do you think there could be the problem, if this message didnt appear, that my channels have been remapped in the wrong way?
If that message doesn't appear, you may have a problem. Except if the track was stereo only. In that case there's nothing that needs to be remapped.

Quote:
as I said, when I try to play them with ffdshow (libavcodec) and haali, mpc will only open so far that it shows the background of the screen, but the stop/crash and react to nothing any more, with haali symbol in system tray. when I mux them with 2.14 everything plays fine
Hmmmm... I'm only testing with the MS VC-1 decoder. Can you please try that one, too? Not sure why libavcodec makes problems for you. Could you try manually rewriting the MKV with mkvtoolnix, including rewriting timestamps (with a timecode.txt file)? Does that make libavcodec work again?

Quote:
million dollar baby also doesnt work with 217 for me, it reports a gap of 9 frames at 0:00:01 playtime, but same problem as with the other movies.
Can you please try to rerip the movie? The EVO is damaged.

Quote:
heres the 24fps sample from infernal affairs, cut it with a hex editor so i hope its fine.
http://www.sendspace.com/file/g8ua0f
Thanks!
Old 23rd January 2008, 09:21   #2854  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickardk View Post
Uploading samples of Sum of all fears and Born on the 4th of July tonight (no time for this yesterday).

One thing that would be great is to have fps info stored in some way. Media Control 4.7 is close to have automatic refresh rate change for all us Vista Media Center users. It reads the refresh rate from ffdshow. And titles created with 2.15 and later are reported as 25fps. So the automatic refresh rate change/match functions does not work properly.
I will contact Haali about this. It's his muxer which never writes the FPS value to the MKV header. My splitter is properly setting the value, but the Haali muxer isn't writing it to the header.

If all else fails, you can still rewrite the timestamps with mkvtoolnix. Rewriting the timestamps will also write the fps value to the header. I don't really like the idea to rewrite timestamps which should already be perfect just to have a single number added to the header, but I don't know any other way to realize that right now...

Quote:
2.17 handles Born on the 4th of July without problems...
That's very nice... Have you had a chance to check if it plays fluidly without any stuttering? Also a quick comparison to a v2.14 remux would be lovely, if you have time and fun to do that.

Quote:
Sample of Sum of all fears:
http://www.earselect.se/sum.evo
Thanks!
Old 23rd January 2008, 09:23   #2855  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparknburn View Post
With no fps stored in the mkv header, could someone possibly give me a heads up as to how to open my resulting MKV in MeGUI. It's telling me that there's no fps information in my file and to manually add the fps to my avisynth script. I tried but cant get it to work. Im using the avisynth script creator in the app itself. My goal is to re-encode down to 720 to play on my 360 - which until this latest version Ive been able to do using MeGUI.
I'm sorry but I don't know avisynth well enough... My ultimate aim is to get the fps stored into the mkv header some way. Just don't know how yet...
Old 23rd January 2008, 09:23   #2856  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richum View Post
D:\EAC3>eac3to -test
Nero Audio Decoder (Nero 7 or older) doesn't seem to be installed
Sonic Audio Decoder (2.17.0.0) doesn't seem to be installed
Haali Media Splitter doesn't seem to be installed
Surcode DTS Encoder (1.0.21.0) is installed
MkvToolnix (v2.1.0) is installed

Same as 2.16, damn. Let me see if reinstalling will help.
That's bad. Which OS are you using? Can you send me an email? I think we should try to get this sorted out via email. Works quicker than by forum. dear (at) madshi (dot) net.
Old 23rd January 2008, 10:42   #2857  |  Link
Kumo

i've got a .ts file(untouched remuxing of a bluray disk).i'd like to convert the lpcm 5.1 audio track to 6 wav mono tracks,apllying a pal speedup.first of all i've got to say that i'm not able to extract the track from .ts file neither using tsremux(doesn't recognise it at all) or xport(a discontinuity messege keep flashing while processing the stream).i worked 2 ways to do that: muxing it in mkv with gdsmux and extract the audio with mkvextract(i get a wav 5.1, channels not remapped) or demuxing audio using elecard xmuxer(i get a mpa 5.1,channels not remapped).
converting the mkvextract obtained wav file with eac3to2.16, it recognisethe track as wav 5.1,24bits,it doesn't remap the channels(i could do it later renaming the wavs) but it works fine even with pal speedup applied.
if i try to convert the xmuxer obtained mpa file (renamed .raw or .pcm), eac3to recognise it as pcm 5.1,24bits,big endian,bluray track.it changes correctly the channels mapping, but it works just with no pal speedup applied(using speedup command it stops right at the end of process showing a "the resampler thread seems to hang" message).
the questions are:
is the "mkv muxing and extracting" procedure correct?
anybody knows why with the raw file(i suppose it's better recognised by eac3to) the conversion fails with speedup?
Old 23rd January 2008, 10:55   #2858  |  Link
nautilus7

Quote:
A sample would still be welcome. I've not seen any 24.000 fps samples yet, so I'd like to check that strange thing out. Have you tried remuxing the movie with eac3to? Did it work without problems?
I believe you want the raw avc stream, right?

Quote:
Currently there's not a single TrueHD track with more than 5.1 channels available on any disk (that I know). So there's no way to test. I guess that Nero will probably be limited to 5.1. The libav decoder might currently also be limited to 5.1, but as soon as a sample with more than 5.1 is available, the libav decoder will surely be updated to support that.
Ok, thanks! I'll have an eye on this. As soon as i found such track, a sample will be up.
Old 23rd January 2008, 11:07   #2859  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumo View Post
converting the mkvextract obtained wav file with eac3to2.16, it recognisethe track as wav 5.1,24bits,it doesn't remap the channels(i could do it later renaming the wavs) but it works fine even with pal speedup applied.
if i try to convert the xmuxer obtained mpa file (renamed .raw or .pcm), eac3to recognise it as pcm 5.1,24bits,big endian,bluray track.it changes correctly the channels mapping, but it works just with no pal speedup applied(using speedup command it stops right at the end of process showing a "the resampler thread seems to hang" message).
the questions are:
is the "mkv muxing and extracting" procedure correct?
anybody knows why with the raw file(i suppose it's better recognised by eac3to) the conversion fails with speedup?
mkv muxing and extracting should be fine. You could also use h264tsto or GraphEdit to directly demux the audio to a raw file. I don't know why the speedup failed. That sounds strange to me. Have you tried that twice? Maybe the failure was just bad luck or something like that? Generally there shouldn't be much of a difference between feeding the PAL speedup a raw file or a wav file...
Old 23rd January 2008, 11:08   #2860  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
I believe you want the raw avc stream, right?
No, I generally need samples in the original format, that is EVO. If I really wanted the raw AVC stream, I could demux it myself from the EVO. So uploading an EVO sample does not harm. I want the EVO because I also want to check the EVO timestamps and the audio tracks and how it all works together with 24.000 etc... Thanks!
Closed Thread

Tags
eac3to