Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > One click suites for DVD backup and DVD creation

Old 16th February 2003, 01:31   #1  |  Link
tripster

Audio Problems

ok just went and bought a new Daewoo 5900 dvd player and using the default settings in dvd2svcd the sound is not matching up with the lips when people talk....any sugg. on how to fix this? it matches up perfect when i play it on my pc and on my apex tv which has built in dvd player....thanx much
tripster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2003, 06:47   #2  |  Link
markrb
Old fart

Sounds like a player issue and not a DVD2SVCD issue. If this is the case there isn't much that can be done.
My only suggestion is that some players have issues with the title pic. Try making an encode without it.

One word try to be more specific in your title. Rule 9 states a title must state the issue clearly and yours is still a little vague.

Mark
Old 17th February 2003, 19:56   #3  |  Link
Pntgrd

markrb, is this an option in DVD2SVCD? I am interested as I have the same player. Although my problem is not all cd's you cannot get too much information.
Pntgrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2003, 23:45   #4  |  Link
markrb
Old fart

Just uncheck title pic on the cd image tab.

Mark
Old 17th February 2003, 23:48   #5  |  Link
Pntgrd

Thank's, it is tough not being at home to see.
Old 18th February 2003, 02:42   #6  |  Link
Pntgrd

tripster, as you can see, I had the same problem with the 5900. What was puzzling me was it didn't happen all the time. I came home and tried the disk that gave me problems the other day, with Power DVD on my pc. No sync problems at all. So I then put it back in the 5900 and sure enough, sound was about a sec or so off. I have spent quite abit of time in this forum today reading all the posts with sound issues. One of the posts said something about pausing and restarting would sometimes get things sync'd but I don't remember what it was exactly so I tried hitting the step button a few times, had to start somewhere. But it worked, movie was now sync'd. Just to make sure I tried the other movie that had gave me problems and sure enough, it worked again. Give it a try and see if you get the same results. I am going to do a conversion tonite without the title pic, like markrb suggests and see if that cures it. I will post the results tomorrow nite when I get home.
I know I feel better since I think I have found the solution. I had not had any problems with DVD2SVCD for ages until this. I have followed the forums even before joining last July and since today was the first time I had ever posted a question, I would think that makes a good testimony about the help you can find here.
Old 18th February 2003, 03:40   #7  |  Link
WildHorse

tripster,
I had a similar frustation with my new changer Sony NC655P. After several attempts setup with the player I almost return the Sony then I accidently found out that one of my old SVCD played without any problem and that was encoded with the audio downsampled to 44.1 MHz. I tried re-do some SVCDs with problem and they now all work OK. Obviously Sony NC655P could not handle the audio sample rate of 48MHz, so may be your Deawoo has the same limit. In Audio tab make sure to check the button Audio1 downsample 48->44.1MHz. Hope it will work for the Daewoo 5900
Regards
WildHorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2003, 11:24   #8  |  Link
tripster

ok thanx markrb & Pntgrd & WildHorse i will make a new encode today and see what happens with a no title pic and downsample my audio...and before i do that i am going to try pausing it and playing the video once and see what happens...i will be back on here with results as soon as im done! thanx again
Old 19th February 2003, 11:29   #9  |  Link
tripster

ok i tryed pausing the video and that DOES work thanx! but now when im trying to do a encode i get like a bunch of packet underflow errors....i have never gotten these before??? could anyone help on this? thank you
Old 19th February 2003, 21:07   #10  |  Link
tripster

ok also after i burn my dvd in nero at max speed 40x i play in my apex tv and its like all slow playing and everything is out of sync...is this because of those errors i mentioned above? please someone help..i also have NEVER had any of this happen to me eaither...Thank you for who ever can help!!!!
Old 21st February 2003, 04:37   #11  |  Link
Pntgrd

tripster, sorry I cannot help with the packet errors and sorry I haven't posted my test results until now. Got called out of town on a medical emergency. I have now done 3 test encodes WITHOUT the title pic as per markrb's suggestion. All 3 encodes both cd's are perfect, no sync problems. You nailed it markrb, thank's for the suggestion
Old 21st February 2003, 06:19   #12  |  Link
jorel

hi tripster

you wrote:
"ok also after i burn my dvd in nero at max speed 40x i play in..."

burn at 4x (test in cdr-w)

ps:
is dvd or (kvcd,vcd,svcd)?