Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > IFO/VOB Editors

Old 18th December 2005, 01:13   #181  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

The search box and the "All" button are in the lower right corner of the main window.
r0lZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2005, 01:36   #182  |  Link
CirTap

Quote:
Anyway, I know the interface can be greatly improved, but there are many important functions that I want to add before.
sure, maybe you can just keep a mental note :-) ... along with the many others "goodies"
the floating search window, its counterparts, and the refresh button are very useful, no doubt 'bout that. "bookmarks" would just be the icying on the cake

@ "Wütendwirbel": (Google translations are so great <lol>) danke, that's why I mentioned it.

Have fun,
CirTap

"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
CirTap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2005, 01:39   #183  |  Link
mad-eddy
Mountain Spirit

Oh that. I thought possibly one of the info. windows was meant.
Hum, i would really prefer a variant in work window. Harm.
Greet

Postscriptum:
Quote:
@ "Wütendwirbel":

Now "nearly" first came behind it. Nearly

Last edited by mad-eddy; 18th December 2005 at 01:43.
mad-eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2005, 12:25   #184  |  Link
mp3boy

I get this error when I try to import a new VTST title.

I have no problem with other dvds doing so, only this dvd have this problem which I dont know why.

thanks

Code:
Error: can't read "::ttns(0,3)": no such element in array.

detail:
can't read "::ttns(0,3)": no such element in array
can't read "::ttns(0,3)": no such element in array
    while executing
"set ::pgcs([get_int data $t_idx 1],$::ttns([get_int data $t_idx 1],[get_int data [expr {$t_idx+1}] 1]),Title) $t"
    (procedure "::utils::import_VTST" line 144)
    invoked from within
"::utils::import_VTST"
    (menu invoke)
mp3boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2005, 13:00   #185  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Seems there is a problem in the original table of titles (VMG_TT_SRPT table in VIDEO_TS.IFO of the DVD you import the title from).
Is it a VIDEO_TS.IFO file in the DVD with the title you want to import?

Could you send me your IFOs (of the DVD you are modifying, before the import title operation, AND of the DVD you import the titles from)? Send them to pgcedit at tiscali dot be.
Old 19th December 2005, 13:14   #186  |  Link
mp3boy

Thank you very much for fast reply,

I've tried to reconstruct the dvd by New DVD menu
and import VTSM and Menu again into new dvd and
then it was able to import the third vtsm with
no trouble.

However, I've also sent you the files (around 15mb
including menu in case needed) for your inspection.

Thanks again
Old 19th December 2005, 13:20   #187  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Thanks.

BTW, I've made an error in my previous post. The problem is probably in the VMG_TT_SRPT table of the current DVD (the one in which you want to import the title.)
If you load it and use the Title -> Title Play Map table or Info -> Title Play Map table, you will probably see a title in VTS 0! Of course, that's not possible.
Anyway, I will verify that with your IFOs.
Old 19th December 2005, 16:51   #188  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

OK. I got your IFOs.
The problem is in your original DVD. The End byte of table in VMG_TT_SRPT is wrong. PgcEdit trust this value, and when the entry for the new title is added, there is an offset of one byte, and the entry values are misplaced, and wrongly interpreted.

If you want to fix the problem, use IfoEdit: load VIDEO_TS.IFO and open VMG_TT_SRPT (incorrectly spelled VMG_PTT_SRPT.) Decrease the Length of table (should be "End byte of table") from 68 to 67. Save. Should work fine now.

I have added a check for this situation. Now, the end byte of the table is computed from the number of title play maps.

Thanks for your help.
BTW, is this DVD an original, or do you have modified it? With which tools?
Old 19th December 2005, 16:58   #189  |  Link
mp3boy

YOU ARE GOD!!!

I replaced the whole title set with VOBBlanker
Old 19th December 2005, 18:12   #190  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp3boy
YOU ARE GOD!!!
Damn! I'm unmasked!
Old 19th December 2005, 20:22   #191  |  Link
jsoto
Just a Member

Quote:
YOU ARE GOD!!!
I replaced the whole title set with VOBBlanker
Does the original IFO have the same problem?
Which version of VobBlanker?

jsoto
jsoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2006, 18:34   #192  |  Link
CoNS
reMember

r0lZ, see the description here of a troublesome/butchered disc I'm editing.

When I load the disc in PgcEdit, the button scan starts up as usual and I get an indication of missing VOB in VTS_02. (A bit strange that it's only for this one, even though VOBs are also missing for VTS_03, VTS_04 and so on?).

When I close the button scan and enter the main window in PgcEdit, it displays the disc with the information from the IFOs, as if the missing VOBs were present. So it shows a lot of info for the menu and title domains of VTS_02, VTS_03 etc. even though they're not there. The only indication of the missing subs is the question mark instead of the button number in the VTSM.

As the initial button scan (in titles) is optional, maybe there should be some kind of warning about any missing VOBs inside the main program, too? (Maybe there already is, and I just don't see it!?)
CoNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2006, 19:01   #193  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Well, PgcEdit is an IFO editor, and it displays the infos of the IFOs, even if there are no VOBs. You may even use PgcEdit on a backup of the IFOs only! Of course, you will not be able to use the functions requiring the VOBs, like the menu or BOV viewer and editor, and the preview.

I don't want to add a missing VOB error check for all domains. This will make PgcEdit useless when you want to analyse the IFOs posted in a forum, for example. Also, it is relatively obvious to know when a VOB is missing: a title VOB is always required, and a menu VOB is required when there is at least one non-dummy PGC in the domain.

When scanning the VOBs for BOVs, PgcEdit first looks at the subpic definitions. If there are no subpics, there are no BOVs, and the titleset is skipped. When there are subpics defined in the IFOs but no VOBs, the missing VOBs message is displayed.

Anyway, you've found the solution. Simply blank out all PGCs of the domains with missing VOBs.
Old 7th January 2006, 19:20   #194  |  Link
CoNS
reMember

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0lZ
Well, PgcEdit is an IFO editor, and it displays the infos of the IFOs, even if there are no VOBs. You may even use PgcEdit on a backup of the IFOs only! Of course, you will not be able to use the functions requiring the VOBs, like the menu or BOV viewer and editor, and the preview.

I don't want to add a missing VOB error check for all domains. This will make PgcEdit useless when you want to analyse the IFOs posted in a forum, for example.
Maye some kind of a warning dialog? IMHO I wouldn't hurt in these cases.

Quote:
Also, it is relatively obvious to know when a VOB is missing: a title VOB is always required, and a menu VOB is required when there is at least one non-dummy PGC in the domain.
You mean by taking a look at the present files in the folder (in Windows Explorer window etc.)?

Quote:
When scanning the VOBs for BOVs, PgcEdit first looks at the subpic definitions. If there are no subpics, there are no BOVs, and the titleset is skipped. When there are subpics defined in the IFOs but no VOBs, the missing VOBs message is displayed.
But the message in the button scan is somehow only displayed for the first VTS with a missing VOB?
Old 7th January 2006, 20:22   #195  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoNS
You mean by taking a look at the present files in the folder (in Windows Explorer window etc.)?
Yes, or you may try to launch the preview in PgcEdit on any non-dummy PGC. If it doesn't start, the VOB is missing.

Quote:
But the message in the button scan is somehow only displayed for the first VTS with a missing VOB?
No. I just made a test with a DVD with 15 VTSs and no VOBs. There are 4 VTSs w/o subpics, and the missing VOB message is displayed for the 11 other PGCs.
Anyway, Find BOVs will not tell you if there are missing VOBs in the menu domains.
Old 7th January 2006, 22:19   #196  |  Link
mp3boy

Quote:
Yes, or you may try to launch the preview in PgcEdit on any non-dummy PGC. If it doesn't start, the VOB is missing.

No. I just made a test with a DVD with 15 VTSs and no VOBs. There are 4 VTSs w/o subpics, and the missing VOB message is displayed for the 11 other PGCs.
Anyway, Find BOVs will not tell you if there are missing VOBs in the menu domains.
can you add some kinda ifoedit function for fixing VTS sector ? instead of rebuilding the whole dvd with ifoedit which takes a long time it will just fix it there and if ifoUpdate is opensource or you have access to it , it is also a good idea to add its functiont inside pgcedit for better functionality.

IMHO it is very good if ppl around can join their tools to make all-in-one dvd authoring / editing software such as VOBEdit, DVD Author, VOBBLanker, Muxman and the best of all PGCEdit.

Yours
Old 7th January 2006, 22:47   #197  |  Link
CoNS
reMember

Quote:
Hmm. The disc I'm working on has 6 VTS. Main movie is located in VTS_01. For VTS_02-06 the IFO and BUP files are intact but all VOB files (both menu and title) have been deleted the butcher way. In PgcEdit BOV scan, it says "Found 0 buttons" for VTS_01 and "Missing VOB file!" for VTS_02, but for VTS_03-06 it just says "No subpictures."

Quote:
True.
Old 8th January 2006, 11:01   #198  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Hmm. The disc I'm working on has 6 VTS. Main movie is located in VTS_01. For VTS_02-06 the IFO and BUP files are intact but all VOB files (both menu and title) have been deleted the butcher way. In PgcEdit BOV scan, it says "Found 0 buttons" for VTS_01 and "Missing VOB file!" for VTS_02, but for VTS_03-06 it just says "No subpictures."
That's what I said. Since there are no subpics, there cannot be BOVs, and the VOB file is not tested at all.
Old 8th January 2006, 11:08   #199  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
can you add some kinda ifoedit function for fixing VTS sector ? instead of rebuilding the whole dvd with ifoedit which takes a long time it will just fix it there and if ifoUpdate is opensource or you have access to it , it is also a good idea to add its functiont inside pgcedit for better functionality.

IMHO it is very good if ppl around can join their tools to make all-in-one dvd authoring / editing software such as VOBEdit, DVD Author, VOBBLanker, Muxman and the best of all PGCEdit.

Yours
What do you want to do exactly? I don't understand.

When you save a DVD with PgcEdit, the equivalent of the IfoEdit's Get VTS Sectors is made automatically (but with the additional option to leave at least 32KB gaps between the IFO and BUP files.)

Also, there is already a function to replace a VTS title domain with an imported one. Basically, this function do the same thing as IfoUpdate, but also it copies or moves the files for you.
Old 8th January 2006, 15:47   #200  |  Link
CoNS
reMember

Quote:
That's what I said. Since there are no subpics, there cannot be BOVs, and the VOB file is not tested at all.
That part I understood, but I still don't understand why there're different messages for VTS_02 and VTS_03-06 in my example... All of them having missing VOB files?!