Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 14th April 2010, 12:05   #121  |  Link
Selur

Nope, atm. hybrid does neither save the current queue nor can it restart an aborted queue.
About the muxing:
The files created up to the point where Hybrid aborted should be in the Temp-Folder Hybrid uses, so you should be able to just feed it with the infos and set audio&video to direct stream copy and just create a new muxing job.
Atm I would guess that one of the files ment to be muxed wasn't created properly and so the muxing stopped, but without additional infos (see first post) it's just a guess.
Old 15th April 2010, 16:26   #122  |  Link
Tadream

Excellent piece of software.
I've converted a big m2ts to a smaller one to fit on DVD5. The picture was still great.
Too bad it just takes so long to encode but thats got nothing to do with your tool.
I have one question (maybe it's been already asked but I couldn't find it), is there a way to pause an encode?
I noticed a postpone button but it didn't do anything (probably because I only had one job in it?).
Tadream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2010, 16:43   #123  |  Link
Selur

Yup, postpone is to postpone a complete job during in the job handling queue so that it will be skipped.
An there's no way to pause an encode, I could add a 'postpone' option for subjobs which would allow to process the subjobs of a specific job to a specific point. (it's bit tricky to add such an option, since I never intended it, if a bunch of people say this is a nice feature I could spend some time thinking about how to implement it )

Pausing an encoding job during it's processing isn't possible since none of the tools used in the background support it and the only way to do this without the tools especially supporting this would probably include a bunch of heavy memory dumping and would definitely need admin privileges. Don't think this will ever be possible with Hybrid, since it would require something like Windows "hibernate"-mode for a part of the system.
If you just want to 'shutdown' your PC and restart it later, due to the noise the pc makes or something like that, sending windows into hibernate-mode should do the trick.

Cu Selur
Old 15th April 2010, 19:43   #124  |  Link
Tadream

Thanks for the reply.
There's a pause button in Handbrake and I believe with h264enc you can pause with ctrl+z.
It's not essential though, I just thought of it this afternoon. I wanted to start an encode but I also remembered I wanted to watch a movie tonight (streaming from my laptop) so it would be convenient to pause the encode, watch the movie and then continue the encode.
I remember pause with Handbrake and then put my laptop in suspend, take it with me and later that day start the encode again. But your tool is imo much better then Handbrake.
(using Ubuntu Karmic 64bit and Hybrid 130410 64 bit)
Tadream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2010, 19:47   #125  |  Link
Selur

I normally watch movies while encoding.
Hmm,... linux will look at h264enc how they pause the encoding and see if I can integrate it into Hybrid. (and if it's only possible on Linux or if it's also possible under windows)
Old 16th April 2010, 02:46   #126  |  Link
zygo

selur
re. pausing so you can do something else while encoding.
not sure if its possible but couldnt you lower the process priority so eveything else would work normally & x264 etc. would just slow down if system is needed for something else? (sorry if this is a stupid question)

cheers

zygo
zygo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2010, 07:55   #127  |  Link
Selur

I assumed linux would lower the process priority by itself,... I'll do some testing.
-> send you a PM

Last edited by Selur; 16th April 2010 at 08:25.
Selur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2010, 04:51   #128  |  Link
zygo

gday selur

it would seem that my previous muxing problem is a problem with the chapter file (see attached).
i can load up the video & audio files but when i try to load the chapter file hybrid says "malformed entry CHAPTER01" and will not load it.
without it, mp4box muxes no problems except there is no way to set the par if the video is "passthru" (video was not originally encoded 1:1 so i dont know if i have to set par/dar when muxing?)

cheers

zygo

Last edited by zygo; 17th April 2010 at 10:57. Reason: attachment removed, pm with link sent
zygo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2010, 09:25   #129  |  Link
Selur

don't attach stuff, since attached stuff needs approval of a moderator -> best upload it somewhere and send me a pm with a link

Quote:
mp4box muxes no problems except there is no way to set the par if the video is "passthru" (video was not originally encoded 1:1 so i dont know if i have to set par/dar when muxing?)
I'll adress this once the 'malformed entry CHAPTER01' is fixed.

Cu Selur
Old 23rd April 2010, 18:14   #130  |  Link
Selur

Does any one care about an option to really pause encoding? (could add an option to pause processing; if you close Hybrid pausing will be aborted and all data will be lost)

Cu Selur
Old 23rd April 2010, 19:53   #131  |  Link
Brazil2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selur View Post
Does any one care about an option to really pause encoding? (could add an option to pause processing; if you close Hybrid pausing will be aborted and all data will be lost)
That would be VERY nice indeed!
Yes please, just do it!
Brazil2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2010, 11:06   #132  |  Link
Selur

Will release a version with pause/resume capability later today.
I even think, under Linux, it might be possible to pause, close Hybrid, open Hybrid and resume in a future version, but I'll have to do some googling about checkpoint software solutions on Linux and Windows.
-> nope definitely needs kernel support to work properly and judging from current development this is far from here , so there'll only be a 'pause' while Hybrid is running.

Last edited by Selur; 24th April 2010 at 11:14.
Selur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2010, 19:51   #133  |  Link
Selur

Hybrid ver.100424

*added*
- option to overwrite frame rate and pixel aspect ratio on passthrough (only applicable when remuxing)
- 'Pause/Resume'-processing option (will pause the whole current queue; pause for single jobs will come once I'm sure this works )
- 'open gop'-option (a x264 build with open-gop patch included is needed for this)

*updated*
- windows 32bit package

(you need to enable Misc in the Main-Tab to enable the Misc-Tab)
Reset Defaults in Misc-Tab on first start

-> updated links in 1st post
Old 25th April 2010, 13:36   #134  |  Link
Selur

*update*
switched x264 version in windows package to a version without the open-gop and x264_filtering-patch since the later requires the input resolution to be specified by "--input-res <intxint>" and doesn't support the 'old'-way (-o output input widthxheight) any more.
Old 3rd May 2010, 14:42   #135  |  Link
Selur

Hybrid ver.100503

*fixed*
- crash on splitting

*updated*
- windows 32bit package

Old 5th May 2010, 15:49   #136  |  Link
Selur

Current mencoder used in hybrid needs: http://oss.netfarm.it/mplayer/misc/libfaac-1.28.7z to be able to use faac.
Old 6th May 2010, 13:28   #137  |  Link
Selur

Hybrid ver.100506

*removed*
- ogg vorbis encoding support since neither mencoder nor ffmpeg can be used properly for encoding

*added*
- workaround for mp4box aborting when split size was greater than output size

*updated*
- windows 32bit package (added libfaac.dll otherwise aac encoding without neroaacenc didn't work)

Changelog auf Deutsch:

*entfernt*
- ogg vorbis encoding support, da weder mencode noch ffmpeg ordentlich genutzt werden können zum Encoden

*hinzugefügt*
- Woraround da mp4box abbricht wenn man eine Teilungsgröße angab, die Ausgabe aber diese nie erreichte

*aktualisiert*
- windows 32bit package (libfaac.dll hinzugefügt, da das aac encoden ohne neroaacenc sonst nicht geht)

(um das Misc Register zu sehen muss man im Main-Register, 'Misc' aktivieren)
'Reset Defaults' beim ersten Start (im Misc-Register)
Old 6th May 2010, 15:56   #138  |  Link
buzzqw
HDConvertToX author

oggenc allow stdin input... what about allow using it ?

BHH
AutoWebM: supporting WebM/VP8
buzzqw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2010, 16:00   #139  |  Link
Selur

I could include ogg vorbis support via oggenc, but since I never got any feedback regarding anyone of using ogg vorbis I'm not sure if I want to add another tool.
But if at least two people say they will use it (and report if it's broken) I sure can implement it. (should be quite similar to the code I use for neroaac, so probably a bit copy&paste, checking how to use oggenc and writing some listeners to show progress&co)

Cu Selur
Old 7th May 2010, 13:15   #140  |  Link
Selur

Had a look at oggenc and even implemented support for it, problem is: There's no progress indication aside from the time elapsed since oggenc was started.
If it would show the number of seconds processed I could simple calculate the status in percent to show as progress indication. -> when oggenc adds a progress indicator I'll add support for it.

Cu Selur