Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Old 28th January 2006, 04:36   #261  |  Link
vanessam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manao
OK, thanks a lot Boulder for the debug log.

Here is another dll : http://manao4.free.fr/mt_masktools2.dll

There no guarantee at all that it shouldn't crash, but at least the debug log he sent me pinpoint without a doubt where the crash was occuring. So if that build doesn't work, I still might be able to find the bug.
Yeah !!
No crash !
Thank's
I tested it tonight
vanessam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2006, 08:31   #262  |  Link
Boulder
Pig on the wing

Playing the avs script doesn't crash but when I close the file in VDubMod, the program vanishes after a while. I don't know if it's actually MT that causes it though. Maybe tsp could also provide a debug build so that could be double-checked.
Old 28th January 2006, 09:17   #263  |  Link
Manao

Ok. Well, after all, it was - as always - a silly mistake. I was compiling the masktools with the single thread windows library. What amazes me is that pre a18 were also compiled in that fashion, but didn't crash.

Anyway, I'll clean the mess I've done with the debug log, fix the YUY2 crash, add another of tsp's optimization for the median computation, and release a new, proper version.

Thanks a lot Boulder and vanessam for the help.
Old 4th February 2006, 08:54   #264  |  Link
Boulder
Pig on the wing

A new item that doesn't like SetMTMode(2) is Cedocida, the open source DV codec. See the sticky thread in the DV forum for its own thread if you're interested. Using SetMTMode(2) produces weird artifacts which disappear when you use for example ffdshow for decoding DV content.
Old 5th February 2006, 20:24   #265  |  Link
tsp

Boulder:
Does it help to use something like this:
Code:
SetMTMode(5)
Avisource("c:\foo.avi")
SetMTMode(2)
filter()
filterMore()
Old 6th February 2006, 15:34   #266  |  Link
Boulder
Pig on the wing

I couldn't reproduce the problem with SetMTMode(2) again but I now started encoding a long DV clip with SetMTMode(5).AVISource().SetMTMode(2) and see if there are any artifacts. When they appeared, they looked like the ones you get with a broken stream although they were not green as usually.
Old 8th February 2006, 08:35   #267  |  Link
Boulder
Pig on the wing

OK, I didn't see any artifacts in the one encoded with SetMTMode(5) in the beginning so that's what I'm going to use from now on - in all of my scripts just to be safe
Old 26th February 2006, 02:16   #268  |  Link
J-Wo

Just wondering but has there been any further development on this wonderful filter just to iron out some of the bugs? Thanks!
J-Wo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2006, 10:42   #269  |  Link
tsp

Due to lack of spare time I did not worked very much on MT but in the next couple of days I will get a dualcore opteron 165 so that should speed up development. Most of the "bugs" is incompatiple filters though and it is difficult for me to fix that.
Old 20th March 2006, 15:21   #270  |  Link
aberforthsgoat

Horizontal Line with LimitedSharpenFaster

I'm almost positive that I've already seen some posts about this, but I can't find them:

When I run this filter I get a thin hoizontal line across the middle of my screen:

SetMTMode(2)
MT("LimitedSharpenFaster(ss_x=1.0,ss_y=1.0,Smode=3,strength=60,overshoot=7)")

When I run it without MT, as follows, I don't get a line:

LimitedSharpenFaster(ss_x=1.0,ss_y=1.0,Smode=3,strength=60,overshoot=7)

Can someone help me figure out where it's coming from? It's pretty subtle and isn't a big bother - but I'd still like to get rid of it.

Thanks!

Mike

P.S. Did I mention how awsome this thing is? I have a 2.8 Northwood, and I can't run LMSF + a denoiser in realtime without major league stuttering - until I put MT in the mix. Wow.

Last edited by aberforthsgoat; 20th March 2006 at 15:27.
aberforthsgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2006, 16:11   #271  |  Link
foxyshadis
ангел смерти

You shouldn't mix MT() with mt-enabled avisynth. Instead, change SetMTMode until you get to a mode that works for the filter; each step higher is more compatible.

MT is more of a workaround if you can't install mt-avisynth.

(Since I run 2.5.7-pre, I should try MT, that might've sped up my last 18-hour filtering...)

Edit: TSP, have you considered using Tritical's avisynth releases to base your filter on? They include some nice patches that aren't in cvs (such as lifting autoload restrictions, \n in subtitle, and a bunch of others I forgot about). That would be most excellent. =D

Last edited by foxyshadis; 20th March 2006 at 16:21.
foxyshadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2006, 16:48   #272  |  Link
shpitz

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyshadis
You shouldn't mix MT() with mt-enabled avisynth. Instead, change SetMTMode until you get to a mode that works for the filter; each step higher is more compatible.

(Since I run 2.5.7-pre, I should try MT, that might've sped up my last 18-hour filtering...)
so 2.5.7 has no MT capability?
shpitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2006, 17:15   #273  |  Link
aberforthsgoat

Quote:
Hmm. No. I must be doing something wrong here.

When I try to drop the MT() part and just use the SetMTMode command, I loose my multithreading. CPU two maxes out while CPU one stays stuck very low.

However, I have realized that I can run MT() without the SetMTMode line. Multithreading comes back to normal. However, the horizontal line also remains in the screen.

Could it be an installaton error? I reinstalled avisynth 2.5.6, copied the modified file into my system32 directory and copied in the MT plugin - all to no avail. Same as before.

Bother.

Mike

P.S. Could it be that I installed the wrong version of avisynth 2.5.6? There seems to be a 2.5.6a and a 2.5.6 RC2 on the avisynth site.

Last edited by aberforthsgoat; 20th March 2006 at 17:20.
Old 20th March 2006, 18:11   #274  |  Link
foxyshadis
ангел смерти

Quote:
so 2.5.7 has no MT capability?
I doubt it will unless it works for all filters. 2.5.7 is supposed to mostly be a bugfix and cleanup update, 2.6 is where the main features go. But if it's comptible enough, who knows.

Quote:
When I try to drop the MT() part and just use the SetMTMode command, I loose my multithreading.
Odd. Hope tsp can help, but LSF is a pretty complex function. Not surprising that MT fails on it, since it doesn't have good border handling, so try overlap=4 or so. That should prevent the artifacts.
Old 20th March 2006, 19:37   #275  |  Link
aberforthsgoat

Quote:
Odd. Hope tsp can help, but LSF is a pretty complex function. Not surprising that MT fails on it, since it doesn't have good border handling, so try overlap=4 or so. That should prevent the artifacts.
Hmm. Well, I removed every lst plugin from my plugin folder and downloaded all new stuff, and the line is gone. So I must have a had a funky version of mt_tools or removegrain in there.

However, the SetMTMode command still won't do it for me. MT() is working nicely though.

Thanks for the tips!

Mike
Old 21st March 2006, 00:17   #276  |  Link
tsp

Quote:
the latest version of mt 0.5 requieres my custom avisynth.dll that also includes setmtmode.

Quote:
I would more say that mt works better with some filters like fft3dfilter while setmtmode is better suiter for others like deinterlacers. Also using mt without my custom avisynth.dll would slow down the filter so it is nearly the same speed as running without mt (that was the reason I requires the custum avisynth.dll)

Quote:

Edit: TSP, have you considered using Tritical's avisynth releases to base your filter on? They include some nice patches that aren't in cvs (such as lifting autoload restrictions, \n in subtitle, and a bunch of others I forgot about). That would be most excellent. =D
maybe
Old 21st March 2006, 00:37   #277  |  Link
foxyshadis
ангел смерти

Oh! That makes sense, sorry about that.
Old 21st March 2006, 05:40   #278  |  Link
Mr.Bitey

aberforthsgoat,

Ive found that line to be a problem between versions of MT and masktools - I cant tell you which combination causes it - only that ive fixed it previously on my system by the same method (re-installing versions of each)

Cheers,
Bitey
Old 21st March 2006, 07:59   #279  |  Link
aberforthsgoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bitey
Ive found that line to be a problem between versions of MT and masktools - I cant tell you which combination causes it - only that ive fixed it previously on my system by the same method (re-installing versions of each)
Odd. Very odd. BTW, are you able to run LimitedSharpenFaster with the SetMTMode thing or do you MT() it?

Mike
Old 21st March 2006, 09:35   #280  |  Link
Mr.Bitey

I do both...

SetMTMode at the beginning of the avisynth script, then MT with hqdn3d and limitedsharpen faster inside the call to MT..

Cheers,
Bitey