Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 26th January 2009, 18:28   #2561  |  Link
nwg

I also use a TDK 25GB and a 50GB with my S350 player. TDK and Verbatim are the only brands I recommend. I cannot get the supplied LG 25GB disc to work in any BD player.

I use Imgburn to create the BD's. I prefer to just rip and burn the iso's but have done some movie only burns with TsMuxer.
nwg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2009, 21:11   #2562  |  Link
newcomers

Is anybody else having problems when skipping chapters after muxing to create a blu ray?

I use BDInfo to find the correct file, and then I use tsmuxer to use only the video file, and 1 audio file (hd if there is one). I have selected custom chapters so that is uses the original chapters, but on most films, when skipping chapters, the video gets very choppy and then the audio is out of sync. The only way to get it to sync again is to go back a couple of chapters. It will always cause the same problem on the same chapter in the film, so its not a software player error. I also tried changing it to insert chapter every 5 minutes, but again, on certain chapters its causing the same fault. The chapters causing the problems will always be the same ones.

If I use AnyDVD HD to rip to an image, it plays back fine, but obviously this takes up a lot more space.

I have to note, that if I watch the BD from beginning to end without skipping chapters, it plays back perfectly.

Hope someone can help

Keep up the good work!!

Thanks in advance
newcomers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2009, 23:15   #2563  |  Link
odin24

The issue is when tsMuxeR creates a BD structure the data in the CLPI file is bogus, it reports the wrong m2ts file size. To fix this you need to use idbirch's AVCHDMe. The app has two purposes, to patch the CLPI file and to make PS3/FAT32 compatible... you can disable the PS3 function though, this will fix the seeking issue.
odin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2009, 23:19   #2564  |  Link
laserfan
Aging Video Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by newcomers View Post
Is anybody else having problems when skipping chapters after muxing to create a blu ray?
Several issues I know of:

1. tsMuxeR makes some error(s) in the clpi file which can alter where the player "lands" and how it behaves thereafter. Search on "Fixclpi" here for a tool by jdobbs that fixes some problems in the two clpi files in your muxed output

2. After re-encoding, it is possible, even likely, that the original chapter locations don't line-up perfectly in the new encoding. At least with x264 you can tell it in advance where to be sure to put I-frames so your desired chapter marks land perfectly

3. I've found that PowerDVD doesn't always land perfectly on chapter marks, despite that I have placed I-frames and marked them correctly. Arcsoft's TMT seems always to land correctly, as does my settop player.

4. For some reason when converting an HD DVD to Blu-ray, the timing is so messed-up that the original chapter marks no long apply and can be many seconds off. I don't even try to use the original marks from HD DVDs I want to convert.

Fixing the clpi file issue is trivial with jdobbs' tool; assuring I-frames in the right places, marking your chapters accordingly, and dealing with HD DVD is not. Search here on "qpfile.txt" or qpfile for more discussion about marking I-frames for x264 encodes. I don't know of anywhere the HD DVD issue is discussed.

Good luck!
laserfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2009, 23:54   #2565  |  Link
newcomers

so when using the AVCHDMe app, do I just tick the first option which is "fix clpi files", and leave the second option unticked?

So if I was doing a new rip, I would mux, use this app to apply the fix, and them create an iso as normal?

I have created about 20 iso's from BD rips, and im guessing at least 15 have this problem. Can I just extract the contents from the iso, run this app on the extracted files, and then re-create the iso, or do I have to use the original BD and re do all the muxing etc?

Thanks guys

Last edited by newcomers; 26th January 2009 at 23:55. Reason: edit
Old 27th January 2009, 00:54   #2566  |  Link
laserfan
Aging Video Hobbyist

Quote:
Can I just extract the contents from the iso, run this app on the extracted files, and then re-create the iso...
That oughta work--give it a try.

I dunno about AVCHDme, but FixclpiGUI is easy to use.
Old 27th January 2009, 01:03   #2567  |  Link
newcomers

Quote:
Originally Posted by laserfan View Post
That oughta work--give it a try.

I dunno about AVCHDme, but FixclpiGUI is easy to use.
well i just tried AVCHDme and it hasnt made any difference, using either or both of the options selected.

Ill give FixclpiGUI a go and let you know how I get on

Thanks
Old 27th January 2009, 03:21   #2568  |  Link
laserfan
Aging Video Hobbyist

From what you described, it appears to me that when you go to play the mux, the player is not finding I-frames at the points you specified in "custom chapters" of tsMuxeR. Then the player seeks to the nearest I-frame and things get a little out-of-whack. My theory and I'm sticking to it!

But if Fixclpi doesn't work, you may just have to live with the discs you made, or I suppose you could demux your discs and re-index your video files and find proper I-frames and create a new --custom-chapter list and re-mux and... well, it'd be a lot of work.

The first BD backup I ever made had "reckless" chapter marks, and exhibited the same symptoms as yours (out-of-sync when skipping-forward to next chapter, but would fix itself after a few secs). But I've since figured-out how to fix that.

EDIT: BTW you should check that... Instead of "going back a couple of chapters" just leave the playback alone and see if it comes back into sync. Mine did after just a few secs (probably until the next I-frame, which for that disc might have been 10+ seconds away, as I x264-ed with the default 250 keyframe interval).

Last edited by laserfan; 27th January 2009 at 03:25.
Old 27th January 2009, 08:53   #2569  |  Link
newcomers

Well good news. I ran the FixclpiGUI app and re-created the iso and all appears to be ok!!

Thanks guys
Old 27th January 2009, 12:06   #2570  |  Link
Digi

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjcat View Post
What are you playing the files on? I haven't tried burning to a BD to play on a standalone, but tsMuxeR+ts4Np and eac3to+tsMuxeR+ts4Np are both working reliably for me on the PCH A-110 (at last).

Also on the networkedmediatank.com forum is a user application called ToNMT which has just been updated to handle HD audio and works pretty reliably on Blu-ray TrueHD. It no longer uses tsMuxeR for Blu-ray remuxing but has its own muxer. It doesn't make Blu-ray structures, but if all you want is a TS/M2TS it's worth checking out.
That may well work with the PCH-110 as you are only creating a single .M2TS file and not the full blu ray structure, Tsremux and Ts4np still do not work with TrueHD for a full structured Blu Ray output.
Old 28th January 2009, 00:01   #2571  |  Link
newcomers

Quote:
Well good news. I ran the FixclpiGUI app and re-created the iso and all appears to be ok!!

Thanks guys
Well some bad news now!!

Going through the process of re-muxing, using the FixclpiGUI tool and recreating the iso with all of my BD, and the first 10 all worked fine, but then hancock and independce day both still have the same fault.

When I used FixclpiGUI, it said it had fixed file, but they both still stutter when skipping in certain scenes.

Anything else I can do here so sort this problem out? Ive put this current process on hold as each BD is taking 30 mins, and with no guaranteed success, if rather wait for another solution

Thanks guys
Old 28th January 2009, 10:06   #2572  |  Link
ericd

no subs in tsmuxer!!its a nightmare.

hi
i can say that i try absolutly everything to put subs with tsmuxer,and it always never worked ,in br or avchd configuration or even in m2ts or ts ,i don t understand why
?
i do all that is explain in some tutorials ,meanwhile i wanted to know if i MUST install ffdshow ? is it obligatory ? sorry for my english im french .
i must say that its a nightmare for me to try putiing subs ,i put
.srt but nothing works please can someone help me !!
thx

ericd
ericd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2009, 10:38   #2573  |  Link
Butterfly666

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericd View Post
hi
i can say that i try absolutly everything to put subs with tsmuxer,and it always never worked ,in br or avchd configuration or even in m2ts or ts ,i don t understand why
?
i do all that is explain in some tutorials ,meanwhile i wanted to know if i MUST install ffdshow ? is it obligatory ? sorry for my english im french .
i must say that its a nightmare for me to try putiing subs ,i put
.srt but nothing works please can someone help me !!
thx

ericd
Which player do you use, is it a ps3?
Butterfly666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2009, 12:38   #2574  |  Link
WicKeDcHilD

why is it when i try to piece together a movie like The X Files: Fight The Future, i always get a flashing image.
I click add to get the main file with the one video and the one audio, click append and then piece together the rest of the movie but i always see a flashing image where the files were pieced together...
am i doing this wrong or something?
WicKeDcHilD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2009, 19:37   #2575  |  Link
ericd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly666 View Post
Which player do you use, is it a ps3?
yes i use a ps3 ,i also use powerdvd to verify that verything works but is the same thing it never never works!!
i just wabt to make a backup with subs playable on my ps3 and also in br players..."sony"
thx for all
Old 28th January 2009, 19:55   #2576  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Eric, just check if your SRT subtitles start with TIMECODE < 2 seconds. Open the SRT file and if the first lines are like:

00:00:00,xxx....

just edit with notepad and make first line to have start time at least 1 or 2 seconds...

00:00:02,000 -->.....
Old 29th January 2009, 07:50   #2577  |  Link
ericd

Quote:
Originally Posted by deank View Post
Eric, just check if your SRT subtitles start with TIMECODE < 2 seconds. Open the SRT file and if the first lines are like:

00:00:00,xxx....

just edit with notepad and make first line to have start time at least 1 or 2 seconds...

00:00:02,000 -->.....

hi dean first of all thx a lot !!
i already try this solution, it didn t work

as i said i try everything !! thx
i try with the .srt ourside and with the .srt muxed in the mkv,i also try to put the .srt in utf 8 saved in .srt
i verify with powerdvd 8 but still nothing...

Last edited by ericd; 29th January 2009 at 08:21.
Old 29th January 2009, 07:59   #2578  |  Link
odin24

@ericd, there might be something wrong with the way the srt file was originally created.

Try this,
Use Subtitle Workshop and save the old srt as a new one. Open Subtitle Workshop, set the FPS first, load the srt file, now "save as" SubRip type to a new srt with a different name.
Old 29th January 2009, 08:49   #2579  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

SRT won't show in PS3 if video is not 1280x720/1920x1080/1440x1080...
Old 29th January 2009, 08:52   #2580  |  Link
odin24

^^ Yeah, I just assumed it was, good point.

Tags
tsmuxer