Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 19th May 2009, 19:17   #3601  |  Link
Chumbo

I'm using the current 1.10.6. Found a few problems/issues:
  • Drag and drop of multiple files does not work
  • add dialog does not allow selection of multiple files
  • adding multiple files one at a time processes like joining. I would assume if adding multiple files, then a mux operation of TS or M2TS would then create individual files of that format from each source added and not join them. So if I add a.mkv and b.mkv and select an output format of M2TS, then the mux operation would create a.m2ts and b.m2ts. At least, personally, I would prefer to have this for convenience.
  • when demuxing, it would be nice if the entire file name is used rather than up to the first period.

Thank you for considering this.
Old 20th May 2009, 15:57   #3602  |  Link
ibabob

I have been using TsMuxer to remux mkvs and Blu-ray rips to M2TS to put on my Mediatomb server and playback on the PS3.

I noticed that eventhough I often just remux Blu-rays with AVC video stream without doing any re-encoding, I still always have to switch my HDMI Range from Full to Limited on the PS3 when playing files created with TsMuxer, otherwise the movie is way darker than the original blu-ray which looks fine played with HDMI Range to Full.

Is this caused by TsMuxer ? Is there a way to fix it ? Cause it's a bit annoying to have to switch back and forth beetween Full and Limited on the PS3 depending on what I playback.

Thanks !
ibabob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2009, 16:04   #3603  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

I don't think it is an issue with tsMuxeR.

I also do a lot of switching between limited and full but it depends on the source (video) I play. Some files are encoded in Full-range (255 color range) and some in limited (16-240)...
Old 20th May 2009, 16:15   #3604  |  Link
monotube

Hello,
some problems here with Wall E seamless branching. I have used TS Muxer 1.10.1 to rebuild the BD format with only one m2ts file ( and only one audio file ). Now the PCH110 stops where there is the merge. Is it a known bug of TS Muxer ( or maybe of PCH110 )? I have tested the file with eac3to using -check function but I have not received any alarm. I also remuxed with 1.10.6 but with no success. Any help?
monotube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2009, 20:14   #3605  |  Link
mrr19121970

Quote:
Originally Posted by monotube View Post
Hello,
some problems here with Wall E seamless branching. I have used TS Muxer 1.10.1 to rebuild the BD format with only one m2ts file ( and only one audio file ). Now the PCH110 stops where there is the merge. Is it a known bug of TS Muxer ( or maybe of PCH110 )? I have tested the file with eac3to using -check function but I have not received any alarm. I also remuxed with 1.10.6 but with no success. Any help?
only demuxing with eac3to first will properly get rid of overlaps, gaps and clippings.

try clone_bd
mrr19121970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2009, 09:40   #3606  |  Link
Tongariro

Hello

I have a weird problem with the tsMuxer.
From some reason i have a problem muxing True-HD or DTS-HD and DTS-MA to m2ts file.

I check the the Audio file by it self and it is working(using powerDVD), also the H264 file is working as well.

The muxing successfuly completed by when i am trying to play the M2TS file (or by putting the BD in to my BD player) the video freezes.

I tryed all tsMuxer version from 1.8.4 to 1.10.6 with the same result.
I also tryed to demux the audio using eac3to instead of tsMuxer , agian same result.

I dont now what happens but it was working for me (few weeks ago) and suddenly i cant get it work.

Is anyone now what i am doing wrong?
I saw some post that mentioning that they dont have problem with true-HD.
Tongariro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2009, 04:48   #3607  |  Link
fifteen

Quote:
Originally Posted by deank View Post
Some files are encoded in Full-range (255 color range) and some in limited (16-240)...
Is there a standard when encoding for Bluray? How can you detect whether a file is encoded with full-range or limited?
fifteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2009, 17:57   #3608  |  Link
turbojet

roman76r: along with the split bottom offset (default to 0) for sup can you also include font border (deafult to 0) ?
turbojet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2009, 19:40   #3609  |  Link
shisha

Hello

& thank you for making this usefull utility.

I've been using it a few times, though I did notice some little problems with some titles like those ones :

- Underworld
- The Kingdom
- The mummy (the 3rd)
- The curious case of Benjamin Button

1) All of them have DTSHD MA tracks & the thing is I always get some numerical "clics" or "noises".

When I read the full rip (done with Anydvd) the DTSHD tracks play just fine.

2) After a few seconds or a few minutes, the movie just stops and/or freezes my player (HDI Dune BDPrime).

Again, this doesn't not happen with the full rip made with Anydvd, only when using Tsmuxer.

I found a "workaround" which seems to resolves both problems : ticking the "downconvert DTSHD to DTS".

It has worked for "the Kingdom" & "Underworld", & I tried just the beginning of the movie for the 2 others that I mentionned above as it seems to be working, I just stops because I didn't want to watch them at that time.

So, it's ok there is a workaround, but I was wondering if this was a known problem ?
or am I the only one "meeting" this cases ?

Are they other workaround that could allow to keep the DTSHD track rather than downconvert it.

I also for at least 2 of those movies did get the following message :

I didn't find some clear answer about it with the search function, but anyway the problem with DTSHD tracks doesn't seems to be (always) related to it as there is no such message with Underworld.
shisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2009, 02:50   #3610  |  Link
coolalibaba

if you input is BD, the message above mostly points to the PIP track which tsmuxer doesn't support.
coolalibaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2009, 02:53   #3611  |  Link
coolalibaba

Anyone knows if tsmuxer supports mepg-2 and ac3 combination within mpg container(extension)? I tried one video yesterday but tsmuxer failed to recognize both audio and video tracks.
coolalibaba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2009, 08:46   #3612  |  Link
turbojet

These sups give an unexpected byte error when they are resized. BDSup2Sub and SupRip handle it ok.

Also I don't know if this has already been asked or not but is there a chance to put 3 letter language in the file name when demuxing? Example: 00000.track_4608_eng.sup
Old 27th May 2009, 11:32   #3613  |  Link
BZeeme

BD-RE = ok, BD-R = NO

The Blu-ray disk output of tsMuxeR v1.10.6 plays properly (on a Sony BDP-S350) when burnt to a BR-RE disc but not when burnt to a BR-R??? It contains a single video (AVC), single audio (AC3), and a single subtitle. A more complex movie (full movie backup of my Heroes Season One) created by BD-Rebuilder does play when burnt to a BD-R. The structures created by the two programs seem to be the same. It's getting expensive experimenting with BD-Rs when I can't test using BD-REs! Anyone have a suggestion?
BZeeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2009, 14:24   #3614  |  Link
drelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BZeeme View Post
The Blu-ray disk output of tsMuxeR v1.10.6 plays properly (on a Sony BDP-S350) when burnt to a BR-RE disc but not when burnt to a BR-R??? It contains a single video (AVC), single audio (AC3), and a single subtitle. A more complex movie (full movie backup of my Heroes Season One) created by BD-Rebuilder does play when burnt to a BD-R. The structures created by the two programs seem to be the same. It's getting expensive experimenting with BD-Rs when I can't test using BD-REs! Anyone have a suggestion?
Have verify if the problem should the BD-R reference ?
I'd test some brand and reference of BD-R and few brand are not reconize by S350 (or other player).

For exemple : DAXON BD-R not work on standalone player.
VERBATIM/PANOSONIC/SONY BD-R work fine.
TAIYO YUDEN LTH technology ? (no compatible writer for test).
drelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2009, 21:38   #3615  |  Link
rapscallion
NY Frame of Mind

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbojet View Post
It inserts a short compliant m2ts, 1280x720 or 1920x1080 to play before the main m2ts. It fools some players, doesn't fool some others. Safest thing to do is encode at compliant resolutions.
If the resolution is compliant, and the box is checked, will it still insert the mt2s ? (the default is checked and I haven't seen that addtional mt2s on my outputs).)

Last edited by rapscallion; 27th May 2009 at 21:58.
rapscallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2009, 06:20   #3616  |  Link
turbojet

Quote:
Originally Posted by BZeeme View Post
Another thing to try outside of drelin's suggestion is use AVCHD output. As noted in the tsmuxer changelog '* Bug fixed: Incompatibility of VC-1 tracks with Panasonic players was fixed. User mode "Blu-ray disk" for playing VC-1 tracks with Panasonic players." The way I take it 'blu-ray output' should only be used in the case of VC-1 on Panasonic players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapscallion View Post
If the resolution is compliant, and the box is checked, will it still insert the mt2s ? (the default is checked and I haven't seen that addtional mt2s on my outputs).)
Nope.
Old 28th May 2009, 09:45   #3617  |  Link
BZeeme

Quote:
Originally Posted by drelin View Post
Have verify if the problem should the BD-R reference ?
I'd test some brand and reference of BD-R and few brand are not reconize by S350 (or other player).
Both the BD-RE and the BD-R are Memorex (They were on sale). I'll try another brand when I can.

Quote:
Another thing to try outside of drelin's suggestion is use AVCHD output. As noted in the tsmuxer changelog '* Bug fixed: Incompatibility of VC-1 tracks with Panasonic players was fixed. User mode "Blu-ray disk" for playing VC-1 tracks with Panasonic players." The way I take it 'blu-ray output' should only be used in the case of VC-1 on Panasonic players.
I'll try the AVCHD output. The structure with the Blu-ray output seems the same as the "Heroes" disc which does play so I'm thinking the problem may be in the index.bdmv or the MovieObject.bdmv. I've done some searching for info on these but nothing useful yet.

P.S. Thanks for the suggestions.
Old 28th May 2009, 11:30   #3618  |  Link
drelin

@ BZeme.

Memorex is only a brand media seller not a manufacturer, if a remenber correctly.
For more informations look the ID manufacturer in ImgBurn (for example).
Old 29th May 2009, 10:29   #3619  |  Link
BZeeme

Quote:
Thanks for your help.
With AVCHD as output, both the BD-RE and the BD-R will play on the Sony.
Other tests: 1) My "Heroes" backup will not play on a Panasonic DMP-BD30. 2)Blu-ray on BD-R will play on the Panasonic but the video is messed up. 3)The Panasonic says the AVCHD BD-R is incompatible. 4) Either Blu-ray or AVCHD output on a BD-RE will play in both the Sony and the Panasonic.
For now I can use BD-RE for backups to be played on both players until I try different manufactures.

@drelin
Disc ID: RITEK-BW1-01
Disc Type: BD-RE

Disc ID: RITEK-BR2-00
Disc Type: BD-R

I've tried searching Doom9 (and the internet) for things like "best bluray media" and find tons of info unrelated to the search. Any idea of where to look? The only on-line store I've used is SuperMediaStore. Are most on-line sources that show up as having brands such as Verbatim reputable? Thanks again.
Old 29th May 2009, 14:57   #3620  |  Link
drelin

@ BZeeme

For my professional use and test, I've tested several time mosts of Media brand and manufacturer (CD/DVD and BD-R/RE).
For informations :
Riteck is good way for low cost solution (in comparison of Prodisc/Optodisc and other Taiwan source => worse quality with lot of reject), but the production lines are not stable.
Some times, the quality is good but few months ago, lot of reject can be found.
But the price is good.

for CD-R & DVD-R (single layer) is good compromise.
For DVD+R DL (Double Layer) is worse with all tests maked during wirting process or after in playback, I've obtain big problem with riteck.
For BD-R is too new for make correct idea.

For my own use, I write on BD-R Verbatim White printable, no problem quality.
And the tests with SONY and PANASONIC no printable are very good also.

Tags
tsmuxer