Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > One click suites for DVD backup and DVD creation
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 7th April 2002, 15:33   #1  |  Link
mwolfman

Subtitles for Dansai and FB

Hi

I have a Dansai 951s (same as 852 but with DD 5.1 built in).

Trying do make backups of some of my old DVDs (getting scratchy).

Now we come to the problem.
How do I make selectable subs, if I can make them with some other program than the original DVD2SVCD bundle no problem.

The second thing is that I can’t burn cds with FireBurner that work with my player.

When I try to use converted cif to Nero the code is messed up (not complete picture).

I’m trying throw different settings in DVD2SVCD (*), so I might get some working settings.

(*)(al day long for a week or so ( DVD2SVCD need a new feature, re resume at any point in the progress for testing, and pause/resume at any point ( so I can turn of my off during nights).
mwolfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2002, 16:30   #2  |  Link
da franksta

Quote:
How do I make selectable subs, if I can make them with some other program than the original DVD2SVCD bundle no problem.
what about this is unclear to you? i thought the guide and q&a are pretty straightforward
Quote:
The second thing is that I can’t burn cds with FireBurner that work with my player
fireburner is not recommende for burning svcd's
Quote:
When I try to use converted cif to Nero the code is messed up (not complete picture).
if you use vcdxbuild or vcdimager to make your images, you'll get bin/cue files. nero 5564 or later should be perfectly able of burning bin/cue files.
Old 7th April 2002, 17:33   #3  |  Link
mwolfman

Well I have been trying just about every thing ( downloading the testfile since dansai is suposed to work with subs I havent done that + Im on a modem).

Quote:
if you use vcdxbuild or vcdimager to make your images, you'll get bin/cue files. nero 5564 or later should be perfectly able of burning bin/cue files.
Nero dident open the images made by vcdxbuild, and I have 5564.
If I take the mpeg file and use it in nero to make the svcd then I have no problem (just no subs).
Im testing about 1-4 diffrent settings every day now to make it work.

I found one thing in the Q&A that was wrong in my settings the settings in VCDMage, so now my movie picture is corected.
Old 7th April 2002, 18:05   #4  |  Link
markrb
Old fart

If you burn with Nero do this:
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19415

I prefer VCDEasy and CDRWIN over Nero.

Mark
Old 7th April 2002, 19:02   #5  |  Link
delly01
Blade for president!

Quote:
Originally posted by mwolfman
Nero dident open the images made by vcdxbuild, and I have 5564.
If I take the mpeg file and use it in nero to make the svcd then I have no problem (just no subs).
Which way did you try it? Nero has reached 5.5.8.0 - older versions (afair befor 5.5.7.8) would not show the cuefile in the open-dialog unless you switched the filetype to "all files". 5.5.8.0 will show the .cue-file without changing anything in the dialog.

If I misunderstood your problem, it would be a good idea to give a detailed description of your setup (o/s, cd-rw-device etc.) and the exact menucommands which you performed.

Bye,

Detlev
delly01 is offline   Reply With Quote