Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Newbies

Old 2nd August 2007, 21:34   #1  |  Link
WoRkZ

Need help replacing AC3 track

-

Hi there people!

I'm a complete newbie at this. I have a DVD with an AC3 track in French and I want to make a new DVD from this but using the English AC3 track I extracted from an AVI re-encode. Can this be done? And will I have to re-encode the video files in order to do that? I do not want to do anything to the video track... quality is my main goal here.

So, where should I go from here?

Oh, and please understand I'm some sort of power-user, not a programmer. I can use a program that comes with a GUI... but command lines stuff is way out of my league. So any suggestion would have to make use of GUI based solutions... sorry about that.

-
WoRkZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2007, 03:27   #2  |  Link
manono

Hi-
Quote:
Can this be done?
Yes.
Quote:
And will I have to re-encode the video files in order to do that?
No.
Quote:
So, where should I go from here?
First demux the movie from the DVD. Use PGCDemux for the job. Be sure to check the "Demux video stream" box.

Then remux using Muxman, replacing the original French track with your new English track. Add in the chapters by entering the Celltimes.txt in File->Import Chapter. Muxman may seem to freeze or quit, but it's still chugging away. When done it'll give out with a message.

By the way, if your English AC3 track came from an NTSC DVD, and the one with the French is from a PAL DVD, the audio will be out-of-synch with the video. If so, that will necessitate reencoding the English audio to match the video. Either that or reencoding the video to match the audio. Even if they come from the same format DVD (both PAL or both NTSC), if the DVDs were different, there might be differences in introductory logos, or even movie content, so the audio might not synch up for that reason as well. Hope for the best.

Last edited by manono; 3rd August 2007 at 15:56.
manono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2007, 15:15   #3  |  Link
WoRkZ

-

GREAT! Thanks! I'm demuxing the source as we speak... I'll let you know how it turned out!

-
Old 3rd August 2007, 18:34   #4  |  Link
WoRkZ

-

I can't synch. the audio with the video because my english track begins much later (about 10 seconds) than the video track... and MuxMan doesn't let me apply a positive delay of more than 3 seconds.

Is there another free tool that would permit this kind of ajustment?

-
Old 3rd August 2007, 21:15   #5  |  Link
manono

Muxman allows a max delay of +/- 300ms, which is .3 of a second, not 3 seconds. What you want is DelayCut which allows you to set a delay of as much as you like:

http://download.videohelp.com/jsoto/...t_1212_exe.zip

And if the audio is playing late, then you want to apply a negative delay.
manono is offline   Reply With Quote