Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 23rd October 2007, 20:55   #1  |  Link
SUPERBIF

Problem with DVD playback in Zoomplayer.

Hi, I've just started using this excellent Zoomplayer program, and got it configured almost perfect.
I'm only missing one thing, which is to get it to register ffdshow.ax correct.
I have tried start>run regsvr32.exe /u "c:\program files\ffdshow\ffdshow.ax" and start>run regsvr32.exe "c:\program files\ffdshow\ffdshow.ax" but still nothing.
I have tried to unistall and install a never version of FFDShow but still the same.
The funny thing is it always comes with the screen: You must first setup DVD playback so that it would work properly on your system. I press okay, go and select FFDshow video and audio decoder and press okay, and then it I can get it to use FFDShow with ONLY that DVD. Next time the screen appears again.

What can I do to get it to work properly without entering the setup screen each time.
I would really like to keep my current version FFD and settings, because the PQ are not as good (I know it should be that way) in the new version I have tried.

Is there perhaps some way to trick it to get it to remember my FFDShow decoder in DVD setup without registrating the filter next time, so I don't have to set the decoder each time.

PS. Apart from that problem Zoomplayer rocks!
SUPERBIF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2007, 22:04   #2  |  Link
foxyshadis
Angel of Night

It sounds as if all the codecs are set up properly, but that your settings aren't being saved. All of the settings are saved in the registry to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VirtuaMedia\ZoomPlayer, perhaps there's a problem writing to it?
foxyshadis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2007, 07:39   #3  |  Link
bjur

Okay. When I only says verify I get the message that they are registered correctly, so how do I get it to save properly?
Old 24th October 2007, 11:58   #4  |  Link
KoD

After you configure your options in ZoomPlayer, press "Apply" and then "Ok". That should save the options.
KoD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th October 2007, 13:56   #5  |  Link
bjur

Have also tried, but no luck
Any other ideas, perhaps is there a way to get to reg. DB and save from that?