Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 24th June 2018, 20:55   #181  |  Link
danfgtn

I'm trying to use some of the dehalomod for 16bit filtering, however, I'm having a little problem, the pixels at the bottom of the image become a bit darker, this only happened to me when I mistakenly used an 8bit filter in 16bit video. I think maybe I understood or done something wrong. I'll leave the images attached. Could someone help me understand what is wrong?

my script:
Code:

TFM(mode=5, slow=2, PP=0).TDecimate(mode=1, hybrid=0)

#daa3mod(slow=true)

Dither_convert_8_to_16()

#HQDeringmod(sharp=0, drrep=13, thr=8, elast=2, darkthr=0, lsb_in=true, lsb=true, lsb_out=true, tv_range=true)

#DeHalo_Alpha(rx=1.25, ry=1.25, darkstr=0.0, brightstr=1.0, lowsens=0, ss=3.0, cs=true)
#DeHalo_Alpha_2BD(rx=1.25, ry=1.25, darkstr=0.0, brightstr=1.0, lowsens=0, ss=3.0, cs=true)

#BlindDeHalo3(rx=1.25, ry=1.25)

nnedi3_resize16(target_width=1024, target_height=576, src_left=0, src_top=0, src_width=0, src_height=0, kernel_d="Spline36", 
\kernel_u="Spline36", taps=128, nsize=0, nns=4, qual=2, etype=0, pscrn=0, elast=1.0, tv_range=true, lsb_in=true, lsb=true)

DitherPost(mode=-1)
#Dither_quantize(10, reducerange=true, mode=-1)
#Dither_Out()

Prefetch(4)
Zoomed comparison:
https://i.imgur.com/Zq9YCFf.jpg

Dehalo_alpha:
https://i.imgur.com/zyD02o9.jpg

BlindDehalo:
https://i.imgur.com/gpgno0q.jpg

"Source"
https://i.imgur.com/uehyE8t.jpg

Last edited by danfgtn; 25th June 2018 at 10:51.
danfgtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2018, 11:46   #182  |  Link
real.finder

Quote:
Originally Posted by danfgtn View Post
I'm trying to use some of the dehalomod for 16bit filtering, however, I'm having a little problem, the pixels at the bottom of the image become a bit darker, this only happened to me when I mistakenly used an 8bit filter in 16bit video. I think maybe I understood or done something wrong. I'll leave the images attached. Could someone help me understand what is wrong?

my script:
Code:

TFM(mode=5, slow=2, PP=0).TDecimate(mode=1, hybrid=0)

#daa3mod(slow=true)

Dither_convert_8_to_16()

#HQDeringmod(sharp=0, drrep=13, thr=8, elast=2, darkthr=0, lsb_in=true, lsb=true, lsb_out=true, tv_range=true)

#DeHalo_Alpha(rx=1.25, ry=1.25, darkstr=0.0, brightstr=1.0, lowsens=0, ss=3.0, cs=true)
#DeHalo_Alpha_2BD(rx=1.25, ry=1.25, darkstr=0.0, brightstr=1.0, lowsens=0, ss=3.0, cs=true)

#BlindDeHalo3(rx=1.25, ry=1.25)

nnedi3_resize16(target_width=1024, target_height=576, src_left=0, src_top=0, src_width=0, src_height=0, kernel_d="Spline36", 
\kernel_u="Spline36", taps=128, nsize=0, nns=4, qual=2, etype=0, pscrn=0, elast=1.0, tv_range=true, lsb_in=true, lsb=true)

DitherPost(mode=-1)
#Dither_quantize(10, reducerange=true, mode=-1)
#Dither_Out()

Prefetch(4)
Zoomed comparison:
https://i.imgur.com/Zq9YCFf.jpg

Dehalo_alpha:
https://i.imgur.com/zyD02o9.jpg

BlindDehalo:
https://i.imgur.com/gpgno0q.jpg

"Source"
https://i.imgur.com/uehyE8t.jpg
the mods I did for avs+ HBD not for lsb hack, that why, it will work with lsb like any 8 bit filter
Old 26th June 2018, 18:49   #183  |  Link
mp3dom

Is it expected that the output from SMDegrain is different between a lsb input and HBD input (with same settings obviously)?
mp3dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2018, 21:55   #184  |  Link
real.finder

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp3dom View Post
Is it expected that the output from SMDegrain is different between a lsb input and HBD input (with same settings obviously)?
it is

n16 give more or less same output as lsb (Depends on what settings you use, it should be same but there are some differences in how SMDegrain deal with both), but with HBD input will give different output.

well, there are some way to make it (with HBD input) less different (and faster) by using motion vector from 8 bit clip, back to old posts here for more info
Old 26th June 2018, 23:16   #185  |  Link
mp3dom

Ok, but now I'm facing some "problems":
- with hbd input (lsmash->format yuv422p16->convertfromdoublewidth->p216), I can't use n16 (error: "MDegrainX out16 flag only for 8bit sources" - smdegrain line 545) so I guess it's a feature to ouput 8bit input to native hbd 16bit output.
- with the above hbd and prefilter 3 (uses dftttest) I get some damaged pictures. For "damaged" I mean really destroyed picture like missing objects. This doesn't happens with lsb input.
Old 26th June 2018, 23:24   #186  |  Link
real.finder

Quote:
Ok, but now I'm facing some "problems":
- with hbd input (lsmash->format yuv422p16->convertfromdoublewidth->p216), I can't use n16 (error: "MDegrainX out16 flag only for 8bit sources" - smdegrain line 545) so I guess it's a feature to ouput 8bit input to native hbd 16bit output.
- with the above hbd and prefilter 3 (uses dftttest) I get some damaged pictures. For "damaged" I mean really destroyed picture like missing objects. This doesn't happens with lsb input.
for 1st point, yes indeed, it's for 8bit input, lsb_in is not real anyway (we talk about that before)

for the 2nd one, that because dftttest not update yet for HBD

1 solution for both is using 8bit motion vector (you can also scale the 8bit vector to 16bit vector or Vice versa, but in your case you don't need that)
Old 26th June 2018, 23:38   #187  |  Link
real.finder

new test (cuz it use test builds of avs+ and masktools) update for SMDegrain https://pastebin.com/fU2a3Mqy

it should be faster in many cases in avs+ (will use avs+ expr), also there are new parameter "cplace" in SMDegrain_prefilters will affect prefilter 3
Old 26th June 2018, 23:54   #188  |  Link
mp3dom

Ok, thanks.
Just one last question: without prefilter, is smdegrain (with hbd) working at real 16bit then?
With prefilter < 3 (uses Medianblur2) the output seems fine with hbd albeit medianblur2 afaik is not designed for hbd. Is it safe to assume that everything is running fine (and at real 16bit, or should I calculate 8bit vectors and apply to 16bit video?)
Old 27th June 2018, 06:50   #189  |  Link
real.finder

Quote:
Ok, thanks.
Just one last question: without prefilter, is smdegrain (with hbd) working at real 16bit then?
With prefilter < 3 (uses Medianblur2) the output seems fine with hbd albeit medianblur2 afaik is not designed for hbd. Is it safe to assume that everything is running fine (and at real 16bit, or should I calculate 8bit vectors and apply to 16bit video?)
real 16bit? with HBD I did no workaround so now some options will not work with HBD until it's plugins get update, lsb did use a lot of workarounds indeed, but not HBD or even n16 use any, so all things with HBD and n16 are "real"

for HBD, the only safe prefilter for now are -1 to 1 (2 need medianblur2 and it not updated yet for HBD), and 4, contrasharp=true may work with SD (with HD it use minblur with r=2 so it need medianblur2), also contrasharp=int usage will work if you use https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=174752
Old 27th June 2018, 08:11   #190  |  Link
mp3dom

Many thanks again!
Old 27th June 2018, 14:39   #191  |  Link
Motenai Yoda

Eru you can also generate and use your own HBD prefilter clip to feed into smdegrain