Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 23rd January 2018, 20:54   #1821  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Give it a week...

Well, you know what they say... 7 days without JD's updates makes one weak...
Lathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2018, 21:03   #1822  |  Link
jlpsvk

Quote:
Give it a week...
Means it will be possible to rebuild UHD BD (replace streams) without recompress? Will the Dolby Vision extension layer be supported to passthroug?
jlpsvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2018, 21:05   #1823  |  Link
Lathe

...And, will it do the bloody DISHES! That's what I want to know!
Old 29th January 2018, 22:37   #1824  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlpsvk View Post
Means it will be possible to rebuild UHD BD (replace streams) without recompress? Will the Dolby Vision extension layer be supported to passthroug?
The more discs I do the less likely that seems. The bitrate on many sources is an issue. I've seen an occasional one that will work -- but most end up with sync issues and stuttering. The bottom line is that BD-50/25 has a lower maximum bitrate than BD-66 or BD-100 (which is used for most originals).

But... you never know.

Last edited by jdobbs; 29th January 2018 at 22:39.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2018, 01:18   #1825  |  Link
jlpsvk

Quote:
The more discs I do the less likely that seems. The bitrate on many sources is an issue. I've seen an occasional one that will work -- but most end up with sync issues and stuttering. The bottom line is that BD-50/25 has a lower maximum bitrate than BD-66 or BD-100 (which is used for most originals).

But... you never know.
yeah...but when burning to bd-xl i can just passthrough video+dolby vision and leave only wanted tracks+add my own. that would be awesome. i don't want to preserve menus and so on...just main movie, video+dolby vision passthrough, audio which i want passthrough and add some additional tracks and subs and make BDMV structure again...simple UHD BD REAUTHOR without reencoding.

Last edited by jlpsvk; 30th January 2018 at 01:20.
Old 30th January 2018, 06:58   #1826  |  Link
A.Fenderson

Quote:
yeah...but when burning to bd-xl i can just passthrough video+dolby vision and leave only wanted tracks+add my own. that would be awesome....
Do you have a player that is known to play BD-R/RE XL 100GB discs? So far it seems rare. If so, what model?
A.Fenderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2018, 10:43   #1827  |  Link
jlpsvk

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Fenderson View Post
Do you have a player that is known to play BD-R/RE XL 100GB discs? So far it seems rare. If so, what model?
I have OPPO 203, that should support it in coming updates according to my infos.
Old 30th January 2018, 20:19   #1828  |  Link
ocean

@jlpsvk

Hi, for passthrough Dolby Vision HDR dynamic, inside m2ts main find 2 streams: 4K 3840x2160 and 1920x1080 (Dolby Vision).
There are more values in file mpls and index.bdmv:

For example MPLS

"SubPath": [
{
"reserved01": 0,
"SubPath_type": 10,
"reserved02": 0,
"is_repeat_SubPath": 0,
"reserved03": 0,
"SubPlayItem": [
{
"Clip_Information_file_name": "00234",
"Clip_codec_identifier": "M2TS",
"ref_to_STC_id": 0,
"is_multi_Clip_entries": 0,
"sp_connection_condition": 1,
"SubPlayItem_IN_time": 524280,
"SubPlayItem_OUT_time": 367650414,
"sync_PlayItem_id": 0,
"sync_start_PTS_of_PlayItem": 524280

index.bdmv

AppInfoBDMV": {
"initial_output_mode_preference": 0,
"SS_content_exist_flag": 0,
"reserved02": 0,
"video_format": "1080p",
"frame_rate": "23.976",
"content_provider_user_data": [

Last edited by ocean; 30th January 2018 at 20:32.
ocean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2018, 01:10   #1829  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:
Originally Posted by geheim View Post
Converting MKV's to working UHD file structure without reencoding would be a great freature
That's always a great feature without care of the source. For me, though, chapters must always be there and subtitles. SRT and whatever form a disc is released with.
Old 31st January 2018, 01:15   #1830  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:
It will not work. [...] I guess you have to be poor like me to still be using a standard HD monitor.
Monetarily +1 here also.
Old 31st January 2018, 07:34   #1831  |  Link
A.Fenderson

Quote:
I have OPPO 203, that should support it in coming updates according to my infos.
I asked OPPO, and they're unwilling to commit to that. "Possible inclusion in a future firmware" is all they're willing to say, which isn't very reassuring. Unfortunate, because I really want one of those players.

Code:
Unfortunately the player does not support BD-R or BDR-RE XL media. This is something that the engineers are
looking into for possible inclusion in a future firmware, but it is not yet possible in our current firmware.

Best Regards, 

Customer Service 
OPPO Digital, Inc. 
162 Constitution Dr.
Menlo Park, CA 94025
Service@oppodigital.com 
Tel: 650-961-1118 
Fax: 650-961-1119

Last edited by jdobbs; 31st January 2018 at 14:52.
A.Fenderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2018, 23:27   #1832  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Fenderson View Post
I asked OPPO, and they're unwilling to commit to that. "Possible inclusion in a future firmware" is all they're willing to say, which isn't very reassuring. Unfortunate, because I really want one of those players.

Code:
Unfortunately the player does not support BD-R or BDR-RE XL media. This is something that the engineers are
looking into for possible inclusion in a future firmware, but it is not yet possible in our current firmware.

Best Regards, 

Customer Service 
OPPO Digital, Inc. 
162 Constitution Dr.
Menlo Park, CA 94025
Service@oppodigital.com 
Tel: 650-961-1118 
Fax: 650-961-1119
Shame, since OPPO is one of the leading players. I have the older (PRE-Cinavia ) BDP-83's that I will absolutely hang onto despite it's not being as fancy as the new ones.

Yet ANOTHER case of making people buy all new hardware for some 'new & improved' format...
Old 1st February 2018, 20:25   #1833  |  Link
jlpsvk

As I said, it should be implemented if my sources aren't wrong.
Old 24th February 2018, 00:57   #1834  |  Link
jlpsvk

any ETA for UHD BD support in BD Rebuilder?
Old 24th February 2018, 15:42   #1835  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
any ETA for UHD BD support in BD Rebuilder?
When it works... right now I'm having stop-and-go issues. If it is the result of the mux, I'm not sure what I'm going to do about it. I guess I could release a version for testing to see if others are experiencing it.
Old 24th February 2018, 22:33   #1836  |  Link
DeathStalker77

How about allowing *different* combinations of language tracks to be selected, instead of all or nothing? If I have multiple languages, and say the extras have languages on diff tracks - on one Eng might be 1st, on another it might be 2nd, etc, right now I have to select ALL the audio tracks, even those I don't want, which reduces the bitrate of the videos.

PLEASE more flexibility in the encoding bitrate reduction of extras! (More like DVDRB)

And THANK YOU for all your continued hard work!
DeathStalker77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2018, 22:46   #1837  |  Link
jlpsvk

Quote:
When it works... right now I'm having stop-and-go issues. If it is the result of the mux, I'm not sure what I'm going to do about it. I guess I could release a version for testing to see if others are experiencing it.
i volunteer.
Old 24th February 2018, 22:55   #1838  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathStalker77 View Post
How about allowing *different* combinations of language tracks to be selected, instead of all or nothing? If I have multiple languages, and say the extras have languages on diff tracks - on one Eng might be 1st, on another it might be 2nd, etc, right now I have to select ALL the audio tracks, even those I don't want, which reduces the bitrate of the videos.

PLEASE more flexibility in the encoding bitrate reduction of extras! (More like DVDRB)

And THANK YOU for all your continued hard work!
I THINK that you can use this hidden option, which I have in my configuration settings: QUICK_CRF=n

With a full backup you choose 'Quick Encode for Extras' and you set the variable above to whatever you want. I think I have mine set at 24.

I hope this helps!
Old 27th February 2018, 18:40   #1839  |  Link
Cedvano

Quote:
It's a nice idea to include UHD.
I ripped 'It' in UHD and with 80Gb, you must not be in a hurry to reduce it.
Cedvano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2018, 21:18   #1840  |  Link
musiclover

When making a bluray out of imported files the quick-play menu shows the different m2ts files in the stream directory. Is it much trouble for you to put in a menu that shows the chapters in a m2ts file? Take for example a concert movie. It would be nice to have the choice to pick a song to start the viewing. I have tried to do this by splitting the file using mkvmerge.exe in chapters en importing those. The quick-play menu looks good but playing the bluray there is a short pause after each chapter (m2ts) that makes viewing the concert less pleasing. When it would be possible to keep the concert in one m2ts the pauses would not occur and the viewing would be much improved.
musiclover is offline   Reply With Quote