Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Subtitles

Old 11th February 2012, 11:18   #861  |  Link
eTiMaGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghitulescu View Post
What is "Index 0 is out of bounds"?
Having the same problem here, trying to put some DVD subtitles into a Blu-ray, but I just can't open them in BDSup2Sub (not to mention MultiAVCHD takes a crap when trying to remux)

Funnily enough this only seems to happen with subtitles in Thai, I tried with English ones off the same disc, no problems.

I tried all manners of other Sub editing/viewing softwares to re-export, hoping this software could read it, but to no avail

Here is an example if anyone wants to give it a go:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1600280/thai.sup
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2012, 22:31   #862  |  Link
mjuhasz

You're missing the ifo file. Just copy it from the dvd and load that one instead of the sup.

The HD-DVD-SUP and the DVD-SUP format share the same header and BDSup2Sub needs a way to decide in which format the sup file should be interpreted. Currently it works as follows:

- if there is an ifo file with the same name as the sup (foo.ifo, foo.sup) AND you load the ifo file then BDSup2SUB will interpret the sup as DVD-SUP format and take some additional info (resolution, color-palette, etc.) from the ifo since it's not part of the sup file.
- if you load the sup then by default it is interpreted as HD-DVD-SUP

You tried to load a dvd sup file as a hd-dvd one hence the error message.

I am working on cleaning up the code and creating tests in order to make it easier to fix bugs, make improvements or even add new features. This is a tedious task and my free time is limited but eventually I'll get there.
I have added an improvement issue to github so that we can track the progress: https://github.com/mjuhasz/BDSup2Sub/issues/4

Quote:
Originally Posted by eTiMaGo View Post
Having the same problem here, trying to put some DVD subtitles into a Blu-ray, but I just can't open them in BDSup2Sub (not to mention MultiAVCHD takes a crap when trying to remux)

Funnily enough this only seems to happen with subtitles in Thai, I tried with English ones off the same disc, no problems.

I tried all manners of other Sub editing/viewing softwares to re-export, hoping this software could read it, but to no avail

Here is an example if anyone wants to give it a go:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1600280/thai.sup
mjuhasz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2012, 09:32   #863  |  Link
Chetwood

Cool. Maybe you could add the option to switch between streams?

MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
MultiShrink
: DVD Shrink batch processing
Offizieller Übersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch
Chetwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2012, 12:10   #864  |  Link
eTiMaGo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjuhasz View Post
You're missing the ifo file. Just copy it from the dvd and load that one instead of the sup.

The HD-DVD-SUP and the DVD-SUP format share the same header and BDSup2Sub needs a way to decide in which format the sup file should be interpreted. Currently it works as follows:

- if there is an ifo file with the same name as the sup (foo.ifo, foo.sup) AND you load the ifo file then BDSup2SUB will interpret the sup as DVD-SUP format and take some additional info (resolution, color-palette, etc.) from the ifo since it's not part of the sup file.
- if you load the sup then by default it is interpreted as HD-DVD-SUP

You tried to load a dvd sup file as a hd-dvd one hence the error message.
Thanks!!!!! I guess I misunderstood and thought it worked like with BD subs, only the .sup is required. doh!
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2012, 14:57   #865  |  Link
Pawpcorn

Am I the only one receiving this message???

C:\Users\Gerald>java -jar BDSup2Sub.jar
Invalid or corrupt jarfile BDSup2Sub.jar

I installed the JRE version 6 - 31... and I get this message when trying to open the BDSup2Sub.jar file!

I'm running Windows 7... all legit.

Same thing happened with JRE version 7....

I hope someone can help me, because I desperately need the functions this program delivers. Thanks!!
Pawpcorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2012, 15:55   #866  |  Link
jmonier

There have been problems generally with 6 - 31. The solution is to make sure that any service using Java (such as SageTV) is stopped and then to uninstall and reinstall that version. The same may be true of version 7 but I have not tried it.

Note that letting the Java install stop Java programs has worked fine with previous versions but it does not work right with 6 -31 (at least for those that run as a service) so it's best to close ALL Java programs and services prior to doing the upgrade.

And, although I don't use BDSup2Sub anymore (since vsfilter now supports sup and pgs), I just tried it and it worked fine with 6 - 31.
jmonier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2012, 13:15   #867  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawpcorn View Post
Am I the only one receiving this message???

C:\Users\Gerald>java -jar BDSup2Sub.jar
Invalid or corrupt jarfile BDSup2Sub.jar
I have the same problem, but only with BDSup2Sub v4.0.0. The older versions work fine.
What's wrong with v4? Does it require a specific version of the Java runtime?
r0lZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2012, 12:08   #868  |  Link
mjuhasz

BDSup2Sub does not require any specific version of the Java runtime. Java 6 should be fine.

As for other versions, Java 5 is End-Of-Life hence unsupported, and Java 7 is not tested with version 4. There is ongoing development on github and for the next release testing is planned on the Oracle JRE and OpenJDK, version 6 and 7, on platform Linux, Mac OSx and Windows. No timeline though.

At the moment I don't have access to a Windows 7 machine to reproduce the issue. I tried on a Window 2008 Server with Oracle JRE 6 and it worked. I also tried to run BDSup2Sub on Linux on the Oracle JRE 6, OpenJDK 6 and Oracle JRE 7 and they all worked. I will try to find a Windows 7 host to reproduce the issue.
Old 1st April 2012, 16:15   #869  |  Link
laserfan
Aging Video Hobbyist

I don't understand the invocation used. I just launch BDSup2Sub.jar and it works, but if I try Pawpcorn's line it looks like this:

Code:
C:\Program Files (x86)\BDSup2Sub>java -jar BDSup2Sub.jar
'java' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
laserfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2012, 19:09   #870  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

you have to specify full path to java.exe
C:/... /java.exe -jar ...

Last edited by Atak_Snajpera; 2nd April 2012 at 19:15.
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2012, 01:50   #871  |  Link
Rectal Prolapse

mjuhasz, any plans to fix the rendering bugs with regards to multiple region subtitles? (Please see my thread for my C++ solution that could give you some ideas on approaching the problem - although I don't think I deal with PGS cropping properly but that issue will be saved for another day)
Rectal Prolapse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2012, 10:40   #872  |  Link
mbcd

Which thread did you mean ?

I wrote a parser by myself last months, but I coudnt sold problem with multiregion in BDN/XML because I didnt found an example. So I stopped developing for a while and started another project until I found a solution for it.

You got one ?
mbcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2012, 17:58   #873  |  Link
mjuhasz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rectal Prolapse View Post
mjuhasz, any plans to fix the rendering bugs with regards to multiple region subtitles? (Please see my thread for my C++ solution that could give you some ideas on approaching the problem - although I don't think I deal with PGS cropping properly but that issue will be saved for another day)
I checked your thread but the download links are unavailable. Can you upload it and share it with me? A sample file would also be handy. I will create an issue in the github tracker with referencing your work then.

I am in the middle of doing code cleanup and refactoring, adding unit tests, etc. Once the codebase is more solid I can look into multiple region subtitles.
Old 5th April 2012, 23:23   #874  |  Link
Rectal Prolapse

mbcd: Oh, I was talking about the rendering of multiregion PGS in the PNG output - the code does not yet output the proper BDN/XML where a PNG for each region is generated and the BDN code references the different regions. I will have to review the BDN specification again to get this right!

mjuhasz, I will look into updating the links again.
Old 5th April 2012, 23:36   #875  |  Link
Rectal Prolapse

Okay I updated the link to the source code in the first post of this thread:

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=164370

(mbcd, you can check out the code there)
Old 6th April 2012, 07:22   #876  |  Link
mbcd

Yes, sorry, was a little bit confused.

BDSup2Sub is not able to handle multiregion for BDN/XML right now. So I wondered about fixes.

We need a proper solution for BDN/XML, but hard to find.
Output of proper XML should be the next goal, it is confusing if programs are able to read multiregion but throwing them away on converting.

@ mjuhasz:

I always have big problems with converting framerates in BDSup2Sub, maybee you could check that code too. I`m not familiar enough with java or c++
mbcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th April 2012, 06:46   #877  |  Link
Rectal Prolapse

Oh - I forgotten that I had this document - AFAIK it is a publicly available document from Sony, and I archived it here:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1156664/BDN-OFS-Formats.zip

I'll have to go over this and make the necessary changes for proper BDN support with multiple regions. At any rate, I hope you guys will find this usefull too!
Old 13th April 2012, 14:22   #878  |  Link
Mr Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0lZ View Post
I have the same problem, but only with BDSup2Sub v4.0.0. The older versions work fine.
What's wrong with v4? Does it require a specific version of the Java runtime?
The download for 4.0.0 on Sendspace is corrupt. It says the file is 700 KB but you only get 484 KB.

Try the download from VideoHelp, it worked for me:

http://www.videohelp.com/download/BDSup2Sub400.jar
Mr Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2012, 14:56   #879  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Thanks! :-)
r0lZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2012, 22:10   #880  |  Link
rayyu882

Please help!

Hi, I got the same "IndexOutOfBoundsException" error like the previous poster (http://forum.doom9.org/showpost.php?...&postcount=767) when I tried to convert the Avatar blu-ray Na'vi subtitles, but I couldn't find a solution. I tried 2 different computers and BDSup2Sub version 400 and 401, still no luck, is there any workaround? or other tool I could use to convert this so I can remuxing the mkv file for handbrake?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thank you so much!