Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > DVD2AVI / DGIndex

Closed Thread

Old 10th February 2005, 09:24   #81  |  Link
hippoth
playboi

Quote:
Originally posted by neuron2
If you were not around at that time
Yes...thats my problem...I didn´t know it.

Quote:
Originally posted by Cyberia
I could offer help in this regard...
No...I know how to handle a backup of a DVD...sure (look at my registration date)
It´s just laziness to look for the right vobs because sometimes I backup the whole DVD to HD...not just the main movie files.
Old 10th February 2005, 14:31   #82  |  Link

If I get some spare coding bandwidth, I'll put it back in.
Old 10th February 2005, 19:02   #83  |  Link
hippoth
playboi

Oh great...be sure of my thankfulness!
Old 10th February 2005, 19:46   #84  |  Link
cw_uk

Quote:
You can use the output to determine whether pulldown is present and what patterns it has. The numbers on the right are the pulldown digits. They can be 0, 1, 2, or 3. See here for a technical discussion:

http://www.doom9.org/ivtc-tut.htm#Te...GuideToDVD2AVI

For example, I can see from the frame numbers to the left that there has not been any pulldown up to that point. I can conclude that you have a top-field first movie. If it is NTSC, it is probably interlaced but may be hard telecined. To distinguish the two, you'd need to step through the output and see if you get a pattern of 3 progressive frames followed by 2 interlaced frames.
Thank you for that very clear description, it just knocked me off a bit where the day before i had used RC2 where i just told it the path and it spat it all out for me then the next day with RC3 i got that lol.
Old 10th February 2005, 21:26   #85  |  Link

Quote:
Originally posted by cw_uk
it just knocked me off a bit where the day before i had used RC2 where i just told it the path and it spat it all out for me then the next day with RC3 i got that lol.
Now you're confusing me.
Spat all what out? There wasn't a compatible DGParse released until RC3.

You know what, if you don't know what DGParse is for, then there is no reason for you to be using it.
Old 10th February 2005, 23:07   #86  |  Link
Bluedan

choosing VOBs dialogue

Neuron, I totally disagree with the current agreement!

hippoth, the "new" way is not even a click more when drawing a rectangle around the main movie VOBs for selection and if you were really comfortable with DVD structures you'd easily spot the main movie VOBs which lie anyway lined up next to each other in your folder because of the sequential numbering, even if you simply put a copy of the whole DVD on HD!
I cannot help thinking that you've become a bit rusty, he?
I feel ashamed that you dare nagging a busy coder like Donald just for your personal selfish comfort.

I don't want to sound too harsh, but the discussion about this point is already over, Neuron was right in his first reply to your request and I don't understand why he gives in...

The big part of the board members agreed on this, why should he waste his valuable time for this on a single users requests who is - as he admits himself - obviously lazy. And it' sooo obvious! I feel like this really doesn't deserve to be a reason to change the opening dialogue again !

I'm so glad that these people spend their time for writing free programmes while I didn't advance since doing assembler for the c=64!
Truly, I find this demanding! Period.
Old 10th February 2005, 23:37   #87  |  Link
Cyberia

@Bluedan - I couldn't agree more. Well said.
Old 11th February 2005, 01:47   #88  |  Link
aaar9800

yeah, come on...

If you know that the first file of the main movie is in the 3rd VTS (for example)- VTS_03_1.vob in other words, then I have no idea how someone could not understand that the end of the main movie would be VTS_03_X.vob, where X is the largest number it gets too in the 3rd VTS. Also its the one before the VTS_04_0.vob(If there is a 4th VTS) Anyway, I don't think that we should be saying whether or not neuron2 should add what hippoth asked for - it's for neuron2 to decide. I personally don't care if the autoincrement will be back, but do believe that it is completely unnecessary.
Old 11th February 2005, 01:50   #89  |  Link

Please don't be hard on hippoth! I always encourage users to speak their minds. He's been polite. He has strong views; so do I! It's not a crime. I certainly wouldn't want him to be discouraged from making suggestions down the line.

So, I appreciate everybody's positions but we can all be a little tolerant, right? I knew you could.
Old 11th February 2005, 03:43   #90  |  Link
Bluedan

Quote:
I always encourage users to speak their minds.
Well, then I'd like to have automatic AVS creation with, let't say...ehh... best settings, in the next major release, ok? Kindly-wise.

No more anger, but sometimes it seems like people are forgetting, that this is supposed to be a community, where singles must stand back... couples welcome! ...Mhh, now it's getting the wrong way...

BTW, Neuron, by looking at your postage times I cannot figure out when you might have put on your night cup in the meantime? You're not actually 66 years old and feel refreshed after 4 hours of sleep?
Old 11th February 2005, 03:55   #91  |  Link

@Bluedan

Was that the night I didn't sleep at all?

I'm 52 and look like this:

http://neuron2.net/board/viewtopic.php?t=619

Everybody is welcome to post their pic in that thread.

Please define "best settings". You know, I hope, that you can make your AVS template generate any default settings that you like.

Last edited by Guest; 11th February 2005 at 03:57.
Old 11th February 2005, 08:00   #92  |  Link
fccHandler
Registered Jedi

You're 52???

Is that human years or cat years?

Truthfully man, I would never have guessed it from your pic. I just hope I look that good when I'm 52! (13 years from now...)
Old 11th February 2005, 10:03   #93  |  Link

Ya gotta be a swimmer to look that good.
Old 11th February 2005, 10:20   #94  |  Link
MacAddict
XviD User

Quote:
Originally posted by fccHandler
You're 52???

Is that human years or cat years?

Truthfully man, I would never have guessed it from your pic. I just hope I look that good when I'm 52! (13 years from now...)
Totally agree! I should think even the celebrity types in Hollywood would be jealous of you Donald So the cold waters of Lake Michigan is the secret ay Personally I'm more jealous of where you live, a great city and certainly my favorite!

Anyways, no problems with delay or anything else here using RC3. Thanks again for the continued effort!
Old 11th February 2005, 18:38   #95  |  Link
zeus163

I've been having some problems with the delay value that is being reported for audio by rc3 in my .ts files. Normally I open up my .ts files in Project X, cut out commercials, and then demux using project x. Next I would open up the created m2v in DGIndex. That way I can use the original audio. But some of the HD stations that I cap don't open up in Project X. If that is the case, I then edit out commercials with HDTV2MPEG2. I needed to do this for a recent cap and ran rc3 on it. The delay value it reported back was nothing on the ac3 file. Which surprised me greatly. When I muxed the two back together after encoding the file, the audio was out of sync. I then tried to run the edited .ts file through autoGordionKnot(?) v. 1.89 and the delay that was reported back was -365. When I ran that offset on the .ac3 file and muxed it with the encoded file it was perfectly in sync.

I then did another cap from the same channel and this time rc3 reported back a positive delay of 4880. In the meantime, I had upgraded AGK to 1.90 and it also reported back 4880, but when I tried this value with the encoded file it was super out of sync. I then used an older version of DGIndex and got a delay value of -357. When I used that on the .ac3 file and muxed back together, it was in sync.

I'm just curious to why there would be such significant differences and why the older versions seem to have the correct values. When I get home I can edit a short clip and send it off--if the cut clip also shows what is happening.
Old 11th February 2005, 18:52   #96  |  Link
len0x
I'm afraid we've to stop

FYI AGK 1.89 was using DGIndex 1.1.0 (1.90 is using RC3), so that's what delay issues should be compared to.
Old 11th February 2005, 20:23   #97  |  Link

@zeus163

You have to give me a clip that shows a significant difference when processed directly with 1.2.0RC3 and some earlier version that you think is correct. I don't want to hear anything about this cutter or that cutter, GK, etc. When you give me the file, tell me which version you are comparing 1.2.0RC3 to. Thank you.
Old 11th February 2005, 20:34   #98  |  Link
bob0r
Pain and suffering

audio delay question/request

Now that DGMPGDec can open .PVA files. i got a question/request.

I have BBC.2.England.20.Jan.2005.pva which i open and i make a .d2v file. for example:

cap MPA DELAY -300ms.mpa
cap.d2v

Now notice the -300ms, when i encode like a xvid sample, and i merge the video/audio, ofcourse the audio is desynced.

I fix this by delaying the audio with -300ms in nandub.

This works...but,

Is it possible to sync the .mpa file with DGMPGDec?

PVAStrumento.exe (2.0.25) demuxes a .pva into video/audio with an option to sync the audio, so it is possible i guess.

.. is it?
Old 11th February 2005, 21:49   #99  |  Link
zeus163

@neuron2

Thanks for your response.

In order for me to send you a file that is small enough, I would have to cut it. If that is OK then I will do it. If not, I will cap a few minutes tonight when I am at home (if that is acceptable).

How big can the file size be?

Thanks for helping out. I appreciate all of your hard work as I know that I wouldn't be able to do it.
Old 11th February 2005, 23:43   #100  |  Link
cw_uk

Quote:
Now you're confusing me.
Spat all what out? There wasn't a compatible DGParse released until RC3.

You know what, if you don't know what DGParse is for, then there is no reason for you to be using it.
Didnt realise i came off sounding like a complete n00b. i know exactly what DGParse is for. i just didnt know what to do with the latest version as it had no readme with it to say what had changed. i just happened to mention the incorect version i was using at the time.
Closed Thread