Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-2 Encoding

Old 25th May 2002, 18:49   #1  |  Link
br408408

Using CCE with DVD2AVI without YUV>RGB>YUV

Up until now, I was stuck in an MMX world (due to lack of funds) so I was first using Flask with TMPGEnc, and then later DVD2AVI with TMPGEnc and BeSweet for the audio, Mux with bbmpg...etc. I had had some problems with Flask (droped frames, audio going out of sync as time went by) but everything went well with DVD2AVI...but SLOW. I have now upgraded my motherboard and CPU so I gave CCE 2.5 a try...fast and great quality. I still don't have anything close to a state of the art system (Tualatin 1.3 GHz) so to avoid the YUV-RGB-YUV conversion and save time I used Xmpeg with the AVIWrapper and CCE 2.5. Did the Audio with BeSweet. Encoded in .75 RT and the quatity is great...but the audio goes out of sync as the movie goes on....same problem I had with Flask sometimes. As I have never had a sync problem with DVD2AVI, I would like to go back to using it, but don't want to do the RGB conversion. Is Doom9's method all YUV? Is there an other method that is? Everything I work with is 23.976 NTSC, don't need to deinterlace, and don't need to use subtitles. I will use BeSweet for the audio. I looked at DVD2SVCD, and it uses a lot of the programs that I like, but I want to MUX and split myself as I don't split just by file size. I adjust my bit rate so that I have enough room to split at the end of a scene, and if I can't, I overlap discs by 10 seconds. I don't want a disc to end half way through a word. I have checked all the guides I find, so I hope someone can help. Thanks for reading this kinda long post and thanks for any help you give, Bill
br408408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2002, 20:01   #2  |  Link
Head Hunter

You can set DVD2AVI to YUV, and if you use AVISynth to frameserve, it will stay in that field all the way through.
I think DVD2SVCD works great, and you can put the 10 second overlap in there if you like. You can always redo the spliting and muxing if you don't like the way it was automatically done, just make sure to check the don't delete any files box.
Using DVD2SVCD I usually get a little over .7 RT with the parameters you said you use, and that is on a P3 667.
Head Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote