Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 30th September 2009, 10:17   #1  |  Link
fjhdavid

dvd-RB and windows 7

Dear Jdobbs and all,

I am not able to retreive the post where you talked about windows 7 compatibility and dvd-rb (sorry).

I use DVD-RB 1.28.2 and HC encoder 0.23 with windows XP and I would like to know if it will work with windows 7 before I upgrade?

thanks
Francois
fjhdavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2009, 13:41   #2  |  Link
jdobbs

I can think of no reason that it would not work... but since I don't have Windows 7 yet, I can't say for sure. Maybe someone else will post their experience.

I must have been confusing DVD-RB with BD-RB if I told you there had been a discussion -- sorry. BD-RB has issues with Windows 7 because the VC-1 codec isn't accessible to AVISYNTH via Directshow without registry changes. But that wouldn't apply to DVD-RB.

Last edited by jdobbs; 30th September 2009 at 13:43.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2009, 19:39   #3  |  Link
Smurf1127

I have had no issues running DVD-RB on windows 7.
Smurf1127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2009, 15:54   #4  |  Link
VistaVick

Well windows 7 is out.....is bd-rb officially compatible?......jk, take your time. I think most of us can get it to work now anyway.
VistaVick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2009, 03:11   #5  |  Link
jdobbs

Maybe if I got a donation every now and then I could afford the upgrade too... I can't even remember the last time I got a BD Rebuilder donation, and DVD-RB donations are few and far between -- not a lot of incentive to jump through hoops to make Windows 7 work -- but of course I will. I'm way in the hole on both of these projects just in discs I've had to buy to find reported bugs (that I didn't really want). I can't keep that up forever...

Last edited by jdobbs; 23rd October 2009 at 03:21.
Old 23rd October 2009, 04:34   #6  |  Link
setarip_old

@jdobbs

Hi!
Quote:
DVD-RB donations are few and far between
Perhaps it's time to cease referring to it as beta and initiate its commercial life...
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2009, 16:40   #7  |  Link
Capsbackup

Count me in!!
I know, for me at least, I have not had an unsuccessful backup for quite some time, movie only and full backups.
I can assume jdobbs may want to see less bug reports, at least the ones that are not self inflicted.
And perhaps DTS Express support for some of those PiP discs.
But I can wait for that!
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2009, 17:31   #8  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by setarip_old View Post
@jdobbs

Hi!
Quote:
DVD-RB donations are few and far between
Perhaps it's time to cease referring to it as beta and initiate its commercial life...
DVD Rebuilder has been out of beta since October of 2005... I assume you're talking about BD-RB?

Last edited by jdobbs; 23rd October 2009 at 18:53.
Old 23rd October 2009, 20:39   #9  |  Link
setarip_old

@jdobbs

Yes, my booboo. I was, of course, referring to "BD-RB" (Yet another senior moment ;>})
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2009, 21:53   #10  |  Link
A64

I have tried Procoder (1.5 and 2.0), HC and DVD-RB all without a problem. CCE Basic keeps hanging on my system with Windows 7 Pro 64 bit and I have to terminate the CCE. I have not tried it with 32bit to see if that fixes the issue.
A64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2009, 23:07   #11  |  Link
Carpo

it works on windows 7 x64 here, just make sure you run it as admin and your fine, i don't even need to have it running in compatibility mode
Old 2nd November 2009, 03:30   #12  |  Link
tjhart85

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Maybe if I got a donation every now and then I could afford the upgrade too... I can't even remember the last time I got a BD Rebuilder donation, and DVD-RB donations are few and far between -- not a lot of incentive to jump through hoops to make Windows 7 work -- but of course I will. I'm way in the hole on both of these projects just in discs I've had to buy to find reported bugs (that I didn't really want). I can't keep that up forever...
Unfortunately, I can't afford much, but I dropped you $5 (I have already purchased DVD-RB). I don't have a ray player yet, but plan to eventually, so I definitely want you to continue work on it!

I haven't actually bought a DVD in quite a while to use DVD-RB on (nothing really that I liked well enough to buy for a while), but I definitely love the app & how great it functions on my quad core!

As for buying discs, does your local library offer you the option to rent? I'm going on the assumption that you'd rip the disc, test it & then destroy the copy. I don't know if that's legal, but technically just by stripping the encryption from the disc you've already broken the law, whether you own the disc or not.

Dunno if it's a gray area or black if you don't plan on keeping the backup you made & are only trying to help people.

Just my $.02
tjhart85 is offline   Reply With Quote