Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > IFO/VOB Editors
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 23rd December 2002, 23:50   #1  |  Link
texasermd

DVD Play in IFOEdit

I am pulling my hair out! Suddenly, DVD Play will not work. It says "playing" in the little box, the hard drive light is flashing, when I exit, it tells me which title/vob I have used but no sound, no video...just a black box. It worked before and just stopped yesterday. I had uninstalled some unrelated software and left behind all the questionable .dll's. I have XP SP1. I reinstalled PowerDVD, WinDVD, Nero, upgraded to DirectX 9, tried IfoEdit .94, .95, .96 all to no avail. This sucks. Splitting is still possible without the preview, but I like to use it to find out which VOB's are used with extra's, etc. Anyone have any ideas? Oh, yea...though ungodly slow, I tried it on my wife's XP laptop and she gets video and sound...I never had sound before, just video. Exactly what software does the DVD Play function in IfoEdit look for? Maybe a download from MS would help?
texasermd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2002, 16:02   #2  |  Link
texasermd

OK. I got it back. I had removed InstantCD/DVD because it was making coasters for me. When I reinstalled it, I got back the video but still have and have never had audio but who cares at this point!
Old 26th December 2002, 00:41   #3  |  Link
wepakrite

No Sound in IFOEDIT DVD Playback

All the sudden the sound went away when I use the DVD Playback function in IFOEDIT 95. I've sent Derrow an e-mail, but it bounced--he must be pretty popular this time of year <g>.

Anyone know how to fix this????
wepakrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2003, 13:10   #4  |  Link
texasermd

I got it for the first time when I installed WinDVD