Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 4th February 2008, 16:02   #1  |  Link
kartman_canada

Uhhhg, seamless branching... What am I doing wrong?

I'm trying to convert a BD rip to a reduced resolution AVI with down sampled 2-channel audio... I've read many, many posts about this process and I'm not sure where I'm going wrong...

The movie I'm fighting with happens use seamless branching. I realize that this is an extra challenge but I figured I might as well go for it..

1) Rip to hard disk (AnyDVD)
2) Concatenate the M2TS files (TSSplitter)
3) Re-mux resulting M2TS file (tsremux)
4) Re-mux again (tsremux)
5) Use MeGUI to convert video (Xvid AVI)
6) Use MeGUI to convert audio (downsampled MP3)
7) Use MeGUI to mux audio and video

The result is close but the audio drifts as you go deeper into the playback. I thought this was the only issue put was watching some of the remuxed M2TS in Media Player Classic and there appears to be little glitches in the video at each of the connection points.

Any suggestions? I've read so many posts now that I don't know where I've been. Feel free to point me to anything relevant.

*SIGH*
kartman_canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2008, 13:45   #2  |  Link
Encoder888

I'm having the exact same problem and I've gone through the exact same steps as you have, I've spent the last 10 days trying to figure it out and I've read everything that's relevant on the matter and I haven't been able to get rid of the audio sync issue... I'm stuck on Enchanted and I've decided to not get to another movie until I figure it out, but I'm starting to lose hope. They just need to come up with a tool that's designed specifically for concatenating seamless branching movies, so we don't have to do it artifically through tssplitter or copy /b and tsremux, because that obviously gives flawed results. Were you able to come up with something between your post and now?
Encoder888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2008, 15:50   #3  |  Link
Trahald
Wewkiee

You guys are boldly going where I dont think anyones gone before. You may have to solve your own problem...

you can probably cheat tho.. if the only problem is the audio then just skew it so its longer(or shorter depending)... (a good medium level audio tool will let you stretch the audio with the same pitch) it would be hackery but it should work.
Old 31st March 2008, 04:37   #4  |  Link
Encoder888

Basically, the only thing we can really do is wait for a future version of eac3to, which as madshi has said will support joining m2ts and will take care of the gaps/overlaps at the joints which are causing the sync issues...
Encoder888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2008, 06:04   #5  |  Link
chrislynch

These titles you are trying to convert, where they originally BD+ encrypted sources? If so, what version of AnyDVD HD did you use to remove the BD+ encryption? I have run into the exact same issue with Walk Hard.

The weird part is I can play the complete m2ts file (after using tsMuxeR 1.7.6b to join all of the branches) with Windows Media Player *without* any issues. When I try to encode it to WMV-HD is when I get this issue.

I'm thinking that I used an old version of AnyDVD HD (I think 6.4.0.1) and ripped the source without the AACS and BD+ encryption. I'm waiting for a friend to return the video before I attempt to re-rip the source.

BTW, I was able to rip AVPR, which is a seamless branching disk, without any issues. I used the latest version of AnyDVD HD to remove the BD+ encryption.

It looks like there is an issue that may be disk specific with tsMuxeR. Check out the last few pages of this thread.

Last edited by chrislynch; 23rd April 2008 at 06:32.
chrislynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2008, 05:17   #6  |  Link
kevo777

I've been fighting The Abyss - Special Edition standard-def DVD the past few days. I have to say, Trahald, that skewing the audio doesn't work for some reason. I use AviSynth extensively and using the DelayAudio function can line up your audio and video streams to have the exact same play time length, but audio will still veer out of sync. It's a mystery. I've seen most of the numerous posts here that talk about Abyss SE but nothing has worked.
kevo777 is offline   Reply With Quote