Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Development

Old 9th November 2013, 12:04   #781  |  Link
andybkma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho2004 View Post
Simply omit the *MTMode() statements.
Thanks, I tried that which leaves me with this code:

SetMemoryMax(128)
ffdshow_source()
FineSharp()
or LSFMod()

But then I get error "Cache: Filter returned invalid response to CACHE_GETCHILD_CACHE_MODE.

If I replace the MT avisynth.dll back to the original (non-MT) one in the SysWow64 folder then all is fine with the above code. So something is not right with the above code with the MT version of avisynth.dll to make it run in non-MT...
andybkma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2013, 12:07   #782  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by andybkma View Post
But then I get error "Cache: Filter returned invalid response to CACHE_GETCHILD_CACHE_MODE.
Try with this version of Masktools.
Groucho2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2013, 12:28   #783  |  Link
andybkma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho2004 View Post
Try with this version of Masktools.
Thank you kindly, that did it
Old 9th November 2013, 12:33   #784  |  Link
andybkma

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryrynz View Post
Correct. SEt states that MTmode 3 should be used before ffdshow_source(), I do wonder if this is the cause of your problems.
What you could also do it dropping the SetMTMode(2) if it still causes issues, that way you're in mode 3 through the whole process except for the end.
If you have no joy with that then I'd try the other suggestions above (Soothe=false and Maxmem setting, maybe mode 5)

So you want to try this:

SetMemoryMax(512)
SetMTMode(3)
ffdshow_source()
SetMTMode(2)
FineSharp()
SetMTMode(1)
GetMTMode(false) > 0 ? distributor() : last

and

SetMemoryMax(512)
SetMTMode(3)
ffdshow_source()
FineSharp()
SetMTMode(1)
GetMTMode(false) > 0 ? distributor() : last

Thank you all for trying to help this noob to MTavisynth out. So lowering the SetMemoryMax to (128) from (512) seemed to have helped out my crashing ZoomPlayer at video start. So I went ahead and compared CPU usage and the rendering stats with mVR using the MT and the non-MT orig version and to be honest I don't see a bit of difference with either FineSharp() or LSFMod(). So am wondering if this MT avisynth version is for much heavier scripts than these two sharpeners or perhaps when combining multiple scripts?
Old 9th November 2013, 12:39   #785  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by andybkma View Post
So am wondering if this MT avisynth version is for much heavier scripts than these two sharpeners or perhaps when combining multiple scripts?
Pretty much, yes. QTGMC() or some heavy de-noising functions do benefit from multi-threading.
If you want to experiment further, you might want to use this to test scripts.
Old 11th November 2013, 07:35   #786  |  Link
real.finder

about crashing, in the last version (2013.09.28), became occur randomly and without an appointment

and if it occurred, and after the re-run encoding again even without modifications, may work without crashing, or it occurred in other frame

that a side, for me, almost every filter work fine with mode 2, even Lsfmod
real.finder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2013, 17:41   #787  |  Link
Overdrive80
Anime addict

Hi, actually I am getting random BSOD when encoding using Avisynt MT after updating operating system to windows blue. I have tried encoding without MT and system is stable. Excuse me but I'm not sure if it could be related. Would be it?
Old 29th November 2013, 17:45   #788  |  Link
Boulder
Pig on the wing

You could try debugging the dump, but I would first try testing the system stability with stuff like Prime95 or LinX.
Old 29th November 2013, 20:10   #789  |  Link
SEt

User mode apps must not even have rights to crash your system. So anything but Avisynth is to blame here (drivers? OS? hardware?). It's quite trivial that without MT your system is more stable: because way less system resources are used.

As already suggested, test system stability with apps like LinX and Prime95. Heavy modern games are also good for load tests (if you are not extremely GPU-bound there).
SEt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2013, 20:38   #790  |  Link
Overdrive80
Anime addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boulder View Post
You could try debugging the dump, but I would first try testing the system stability with stuff like Prime95 or LinX.
I have seen minidumps and are caused by different reasons. Here minidumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEt View Post
User mode apps must not even have rights to crash your system. So anything but Avisynth is to blame here (drivers? OS? hardware?). It's quite trivial that without MT your system is more stable: because way less system resources are used.

As already suggested, test system stability with apps like LinX and Prime95. Heavy modern games are also good for load tests (if you are not extremely GPU-bound there).
I have tested system with LinX without BSOD.

I apologize because I dont want to turn the thread into offtopic but only happens to me if I run with MT.

EDIT: All drivers is updated.
Old 29th November 2013, 21:08   #791  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overdrive80 View Post
I have tested system with LinX without BSOD.
LinX also doesn't produce BSODs.
Old 29th November 2013, 21:22   #792  |  Link
Boulder
Pig on the wing

Did you give LinX the maximum amount of memory available? And you should also run it for several hours, I've seen it calculate an incorrect result after it had already been running the whole previous night.
Old 30th November 2013, 11:43   #793  |  Link
real.finder

Quote:
Hi, actually I am getting random BSOD when encoding using Avisynt MT after updating operating system to windows blue. I have tried encoding without MT and system is stable. Excuse me but I'm not sure if it could be related. Would be it?
use 2013.03.09 build instead of 2013.09.28

I also had stability problems in latest version
real.finder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2013, 11:59   #794  |  Link
Overdrive80
Anime addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boulder View Post
Did you give LinX the maximum amount of memory available? And you should also run it for several hours, I've seen it calculate an incorrect result after it had already been running the whole previous night.
After of 14 hours I didnt get any error.

Quote:
Originally Posted by real.finder View Post
use 2013.03.09 build instead of 2013.09.28

I also had stability problems in latest version
Thanks, I will test it.

EDIT: I can confirm that real.finder said, my system has become stable with previous version of MT.

Last edited by Overdrive80; 1st December 2013 at 21:03.
Overdrive80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2014, 19:41   #795  |  Link
Overdrive80
Anime addict

Excuse me, I hope that you can help me. Since days ago I get errors with avisynth like this:

I use windows 7 x64, I dont undertand why show "C\Windows\system32\avisynth.dll" if this *.dll is in syswow64.

I attach script. I would attach crash file of vdub if is required. Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: 7z Script.7z (1.1 KB, 49 views)
Old 22nd January 2014, 20:39   #796  |  Link

When you have a complex script like that, you have to strip it down and then add stuff back step by step to see what causes the crash.
Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2014, 20:48   #797  |  Link
ultim
AVS+ Dev

Quote:
Based on the casing of the DLL (AviSynth.dll vs. avisynth.dll) I think you have AviSynth+. In this case please post to the AviSynth+ thread instead of here next time.
Old 22nd January 2014, 21:22   #798  |  Link
Overdrive80
Anime addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2 View Post
When you have a complex script like that, you have to strip it down and then add stuff back step by step to see what causes the crash.
Ok, I will do. Is curious, I dont get this error if I remove the line: SetMTMode(x,y). O_O.

For you say, I understand that maybe some filter is looking for avisynth in wrong directory, dont it?

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultim View Post
Based on the casing of the DLL (AviSynth.dll vs. avisynth.dll) I think you have AviSynth+. In this case please post to the AviSynth+ thread instead of here next time.
Nop, I use avisynth MT of SEt. But thanks for your interest.
Old 22nd January 2014, 21:24   #799  |  Link

MT is a hit or miss kind of thing. I never use it so can't help you, but others that use it may weigh in.
Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2014, 21:55   #800  |  Link
TheSkiller

I get this error (access violation) too, using the latest AviSynth 2.6 alpha 5 and SEt's MT. It didn't ever happen before.
To me the error seems to occur quite randomly upon loading scripts. Sometimes I reload the script in VirtualDub (F2 Key) and get the error, then I reload again and it works... Sometimes it's there 10 times in a row. Sometimes it won't stop. I cannot nail it down to a specific script line.
TheSkiller is offline   Reply With Quote