Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > Advanced authoring

Closed Thread

Old 29th February 2004, 18:59   #21  |  Link
XadoX

I use the Version .5

Makeing a Script for VOBID Demux works fine. At importing in Scenarist also no errors. But if i want to export the movie i get several errors.

<i>Error Subpicture Decoding Stream Number for wide of Stream 2 is 9 in "PGC:<VTS1_Title1_PGC1> (Title:<VTS1_Title1> VTS:<VTS_1>) ". It should be less than 2.
Error Subpicture Decoding Stream Number for letterbox of Stream 2 is 9 in "PGC:<VTS1_Title1_PGC1> (Title:<VTS1_Title1> VTS:<VTS_1>) ". It should be less than 2.
Error Subpicture Decoding Stream Number for wide of Stream 2 is 9 in "PGC:<VTS1_Title2_PGC2> (Title:<VTS1_Title2> VTS:<VTS_1>) ". It should be less than 2.
Error Subpicture Decoding Stream Number for letterbox of Stream 2 is 9 in "PGC:<VTS1_Title2_PGC2> (Title:<VTS1_Title2> VTS:<VTS_1>) ". It should be less than 2.
Error Validate From DB failed.
Error DVD Video files could not be created</I>

@D3s7: I you wish i can send you my log files!
Old 1st March 2004, 15:49   #22  |  Link
D3s7
ScenAid

Ok... I need somone (preferably a PAL person) who is having sub problems to email me to test a new build I'm working on.

This build IS NOT ready for release yet and I wouldn't use it for your final project but should hopefully address the sub issues - especially if your having problems with subs being put in at the wrong spot

Thanks

- D3s7
Old 1st March 2004, 16:14   #23  |  Link
de66ka

No problem,
I'm ready to test your new build.
I've a demux of "Goodbye Lenin" (Pal-Version)on my harddrive. No version of your program detects the subs correct (see a earlier post of me).
If you feel free, mail me at "axdecker@web.de".

de66ka
Old 2nd March 2004, 06:45   #24  |  Link
wmansir

Quote:
Originally posted by Eyes`Only
I use ultraedit as my text editor. Try it and you'll see why Right Click>Ultraedit on any file is quite a useful feature, too

also, 0x83 is unnecessary, though I can see a need for 0x82
Thanks, I've been trying out Ultraedit and it works pretty good. It's a bit of overkill for my needs, but nice none the less.

Also, for the tracks (I assume you meant "a need for x81" to keep the tracks in the right places.)

I ended up placing some dummy tracks with the correct names into the VTS folder so Scenaid detected and added them to the script. The only problem was Scenarist thought they were real clips and I got some layout errors when trying to build my project (something about the size of the VOB being wrong, contact tech support). The fix was to just just turn the dummy clips to placeholders and then back to data, which was quick and easy.

Also, I might have spoken too quickly about the Force Sub issue. I can't recall if that was the definite cause of the problem in my case. The subs were also labeled "(not detected)", and were a special case (kinda like button over, but without them actually being buttons). I ended up removing the forced sets and getting rid of any references to not detected, since they can be treated as regular subs. Then I rebuilt the scripts and it went fine.

After those two workarounds things seem to be working fine. It still has the stuttering between VOBIDs, but from what I have read that is a problem with Scenarist.
Old 3rd March 2004, 04:32   #25  |  Link
D3s7
ScenAid

Ok guys... just wanted to let everyone know what's been going on

Been trying to resolve the sub issues people are having and ahve a new build out to a few people to test.. hopefully I get back thumbs up from them

Added a new feature that allows you to select if you want to keep original Sub structure or only up to the highest demuxed sub

Added CC functionality

Improved logging and visual effect. Also, found a HUGE chunk of the script that isn't needed for valid imports (tested on 2.6/2.7/3.0) - this cuts about 140lines PER TRACK out of the script file. should help with import speeds a little.

Also coming up soon (thanks to a little utility Zeul wrote) is the ability to control Scenarist directly from ScenAid - anywhere from just opening it up to open, import,compile, close scenarist when finished. Of course, I personally just open and import as I always wanna check out my script
Old 3rd March 2004, 17:33   #26  |  Link
nicolati

Using ScenAid 0.9.0.5 I receive an error in Scenarist 3 during the mux step:
Info Multiplexing VOB "D:\eMule\Incoming\Star.Wars.Ep1.by.SbR\VIDEO1_TS\mux_data\\StarWars0905new-VTS01V001_t.vob".
Info Multiplexing VOB Main Stream
Error The number of frames of audio 3 is shorter than video's "D:\eMule\Incoming\Star.Wars.Ep1.by.SbR\VIDEO1_TS\VTS01\VTS__01_V001-80-448K-ch6.AC3"
Error Please use longer audio file for seamless vob connnection
Error dvd_mux : DoMux Multiplexing Error
Error Terminated Multiplexing (StarWars0905new-VTS01V001_t.vob).
Error Audio gap is detected
Error Multiplex is failed.
Error Multiplexing failed, Track "VTS01V001"

Error MuxFromDB:MuxVTS failed
Error Multiplex failed
Error DVD Video files could not be created

There is a thread that says about this problem, but I can't use Scenarist manually and however I wanted to report you this error.
Bye.
nicolati
Old 3rd March 2004, 17:37   #27  |  Link
D3s7
ScenAid

Movie must have angles

that's a problem I'm seeing on a few angled movies when the audio isn't the same length as the video.

Trying to find a fix to avoid it but for now a little manual work is needed, go to the DoItfast4u home page and search in the knowledge base, there's an article on how to fix this type of error
Old 4th March 2004, 15:05   #28  |  Link
nicolati

Ok. Thanks. I will try it. The film is Star Wars The Phantom Menace Italian Version. It has 2 angles, then I have used the VOBID Method.
Bye.
nicolati
Old 5th March 2004, 09:31   #29  |  Link
Haohmaru

Hi !

Im just trying to backup Alien Quadrology Disk3 (R2 PAL).
When i import the script into Scenarist i get 2 minor errors :

Info Importing dummy_16_9_data
Error Class(Video) Tag(Size, 1522540772) failed to paste
Info Importing dummy_4_3_data
Error Class(Video) Tag(Size, 1522540772) failed to paste

Except these, everything is fine, so i had ignored that. After all the steps the backup seemed to be worked fine, just like the original.
Theatrical and Special Edition worked both.
Its only one thing that isn't good. And that's beacouse Sceneaid didn't make dummy audio tracks.(I know it cant't yet in Vob ID demux)
In the original ifo there are 5 audio tracks, i only want to keep english (0x80) and hungarian (0x83), so i unchecked the others in DIF4U. But beacouse the dummy tracks were mising, after scenarist english was 0x80 and hungarian 0x81. And the whorse is, if i select in the menu hungarian audio, the player starts the movie with no sound (of courrse) beacouse he has set 0x83 what has no really audio track, only the place of it generated by ifoupdate. If i let the "copy audio subpicture tables" checked in ifoupdate then it plays also not 0x81, but 0x80 what is english.
Is there any chance that Sceneaid will have the ability to generate dummy audio tracks if there was demuxed by VOB ID?
Or has someone an idea for fixing this ?

Last edited by Haohmaru; 5th March 2004 at 09:40.
Old 6th March 2004, 04:03   #30  |  Link
Trahald
Wewkiee

as d3s7 said.. its not a fault in scenaid that it cant make dummy audio with vobid demux. its that you CANNOT do dummy audio in vobid demux. well.. not that you cant but scenarist will never compile it like that.

If tracks are linked seamlessy in a pgc they must have audio that have durations the full length of the tracks (except for the last track but one vobid does no good).. hence no dummies allowed. you either MUST keep all the audios.. or if you kill some,you have to mess with the ifo or change the menu buttons so they point to the correct audios.

closest thing i could think of is a making a track with silence in it at a very low bitrate (doesnt matter how low since the track is silent) and use them to replace the ones you killed .. i dunno what the legal minimum is. with vobid these silence tracks would be in every pgc with non-still videos. this would probably not be worth the effort for the small gain except maybe dts.
Old 6th March 2004, 08:42   #31  |  Link
Haohmaru

Ok thx, so no dummy audio tracks by Vob ID demux.
Can you (or anybody) tell me how to change the menu buttons so they point to the correct audios ?
Is there a tool for that ?
Old 6th March 2004, 18:35   #32  |  Link
Eyes`Only
Dizzin It Fizzast Fo Yizz

ugh that would probably throw sizing off too
•DVD2AVIdg useable by ReAuthorist •Bitrate control for use with NuMenu4U •Extras Bitrate applied to smaller PGCs in Main VTS •ScenAid integration •Right-Click Menus •Minimize to Systray •Improved Deinterlace Scripts
See: http://www.doitfast4u.com.

Use the donation link on the above URL or the app itself to make a $15+ donation and join the VIP list today!
Old 7th March 2004, 06:24   #33  |  Link
ThAD0oD

Hey, Im ripping a movie with 6 subtitle streams, ScenAid seems to not import the start times of the subs in the .sst. I used DIF4U, ReAuthorist and DoCCE4U, then ScenAid to generate the .scp.

It seemed to import everything fine into Scenarist... then I get hundreds of "The subtitle stream is across scene border at xx:xx:xx", from each subtitle, from each stream, at about 3 different timecodes... took 4 hours to run through all that :/.

I looked in the track editor at the subs, and all the subs had begin timecode at 00:00:00, yet they had the right end time. Of course compiling failed and it took me a few hrs to figure out what the hell was goin on hehe.

The .SCP was 28megs... so I wasnt about to sift through it myself... with 6 sub streams at ~1600 subs per stream .. makes a big .scp.

Tried with 0.9.0.4, and 0.9.0.5 same error.

The .scp made by ReAuthorist doesnt have the subtitle problem, but alas it has a video import problem I have yet to fix :/.

NTSC movie.

ScenAid.LOG is 1mb so i cant really paste it :/ , but I look in there and all the right timecodes for the subs were taken

eg:

(3/6/2004 9:39:58 PM) Scanning Sub Line: 1036 00:57:53:09 00:57:55:25 VTS_09_VSUB_P1A1-01-English_1036.bmp
(3/6/2004 9:39:58 PM) Scanning Sub Line: 1037 00:58:06:10 00:58:09:17 VTS_09_VSUB_P1A1-01-English_1037.bmp
(3/6/2004 9:39:58 PM) Scanning Sub Line: 1038 00:58:13:02 00:58:16:00 VTS_09_VSUB_P1A1-01-English_1038.bmp
(3/6/2004 9:39:58 PM) Scanning Sub Line: 1039 00:58:16:03 00:58:20:26 VTS_09_VSUB_P1A1-01-English_1039.bmp

Im out of ideas... anyone else?
Old 7th March 2004, 14:26   #34  |  Link
n1ck0s
... goes to Hollywood

there is an option in scenaid not ot import subtitles. check this and try to import them manually.
Old 7th March 2004, 19:32   #35  |  Link
D3s7
ScenAid

That's actually not an error, if you manually import the .sst's you'll find the same warning/errors.

Basically, the bmp starts in one scene and ends in another. I'm working on a fix to minimize these but like I said, you'll find the same thing when manually importing
Old 7th March 2004, 19:36   #36  |  Link
influenza
Dutch strain

d3s7 is it possible to remove the stop attribute from the subs when importing? I belive that resolves those errors/warnings

By far, the single best way to prevent the flu is for individuals, especially persons at high risk for serious complications from the flu, to get a flu shot each fall.
Old 8th March 2004, 23:36   #37  |  Link
Haohmaru

I have succesfully made another backup from Alien Quadrology (disc 5 PAL) ScenAid is a really powerfull tool.
But there is a little annoying thing. At every layer break (the disc contains about 50 )the backup freezes for a half second, but not the original disc.
I checked my last project (AQ disc 3 PAL) and it has a similar problem. This disc has only 2 layer breaks, but it freezes for a very short time (the original not at all) at the begin of almost every new Vob ID. This is quite annoying beacouse it has more than 60 and that means i see skippings in every 2-3 min.

Is this normal? Is there a way to solve this problem ?

Last edited by Haohmaru; 8th March 2004 at 23:57.
Old 9th March 2004, 03:07   #38  |  Link
Trahald
Wewkiee

i did notice that on vobid demux, scenaid is not setting all the cells it can as [SM] seamless.. on a seamless branching title some of them will have to be [NSM]non-seamless(if the pgc playback has to jump within the vob)..but many can be seamless.. i just manually go back and change all the ones i can to seamless
Old 9th March 2004, 03:28   #39  |  Link
ThAD0oD

Quote:
Originally posted by D3s7
That's actually not an error, if you manually import the .sst's you'll find the same warning/errors.

Basically, the bmp starts in one scene and ends in another. I'm working on a fix to minimize these but like I said, you'll find the same thing when manually importing
I know thats an actual warning, but that should only happen for the subs that are across that scene boundary... every single one of the subs do that warning becuase it ScenAid imported them with a video start time of 00:00:00 instead of the actual time...

I resolved a compeltely different way anyway
Old 10th March 2004, 00:08   #40  |  Link
n1ck0s
... goes to Hollywood

Quote:
Originally posted by Trahald
i did notice that on vobid demux, scenaid is not setting all the cells it can as [SM] seamless.. on a seamless branching title some of them will have to be [NSM]non-seamless(if the pgc playback has to jump within the vob)..but many can be seamless.. i just manually go back and change all the ones i can to seamless
I was always wondering if the seamless-non seamless option was set correctly for the cells. It seems that cells always have the default setting (e.g. the first cell of each tile is always non-seamless).

Is there any rule of thumb when to change this settings? What do you mean by "all the ones i can"?

Sorry if the answer is obvious, I'm very confused w/ this SM, NSM staff.
Closed Thread