Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Audio encoding

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 4th February 2009, 10:20   #11  |  Link
DrNein

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfcarbel View Post
On this note, does anyone know if its possible with the ArcSoft DTS Decoder to do similar.

That is, install the full version but then remove all its filters except for the one that eacto needs. I don't mind getting ArcSoft TotalMedia Theatre but I fear all its filters will gunk up my other software like PowerDVD, ProShow Gold. Anyone have any experience with installing a Lite version or have a batch script that can unregister all the unneeded filters except for the one eacto needs?

Also curious, do people have scripts that load/unload filters based on tools that may need them? That way, they are loaded when needed and removed when task is completed.

I suppose that maybe eacto is coded to strictly build its graph manually to force its use of a specific filter. But I am not well versed in all this graph, DS Filters, codecs to know for sure. I just know that installing one program can hijack another programs use of its filters that it installed for a specific task. What a nightmare - DLL hell for codecs
Jom covered some of that here:
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...86#post1239786

Also, see post #8037 and 8041
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...55#post1242555

As for codec hell, that's what a good configurable player such as MPC-HC is for.

Although others like PowerDVD will only use their own anyway.

Last edited by DrNein; 7th February 2009 at 07:00. Reason: spelling, link

Tags
eac3to