Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 18th May 2016, 22:38   #38061  |  Link
noee

Quote:
Originally Posted by castaway View Post
Hello everyone

Any developer here ?
I have a player project, and would need to use mvrInterfaces but from the .NET library

I would mostly appreciate any help here, as I'm not a c++ developper (mvrInterfaces.h in c++).
(I tryed to compile it, adding CLR option, I could add it to my project but can't use the dll afterward).

If you look back a long while ago in the thread, I posted some prelim C# "libs" that get you a good ways there. IIRC, there was not subtitle control, but settings and such where all there. If you can't find it, let me know and I'll try to dig it up from some archives...Should prolly just put it out on github or something...
Old 19th May 2016, 04:17   #38062  |  Link
Stereodude

Quote:
Originally Posted by huhn View Post
this is luck because the audio clock can be totally different from system to system.

my r9 270 has an pretty good looking clock too but it doesn't match the audio clock what so ever.
I'm using HDMI for audio and usually bitstreaming... Maybe that matters. It worked equally well with the LGA775 Nvidia based board as it does in my Haswell i3.
Stereodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2016, 09:17   #38063  |  Link
markanini

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
Fixed it for me
markanini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2016, 09:38   #38064  |  Link
QBhd
QB the Slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by markanini View Post
Fixed it for me
I also had issues when I went back to an x86 player with madVR crashing, remembered madshi's post, and it fixed it for me as well.

Odd how I didn't need this fix with the x64 player though...

QB
Old 19th May 2016, 13:00   #38065  |  Link
castaway

Quote:
Originally Posted by noee View Post
If you look back a long while ago in the thread, I posted some prelim C# "libs" that get you a good ways there. IIRC, there was not subtitle control, but settings and such where all there. If you can't find it, let me know and I'll try to dig it up from some archives...Should prolly just put it out on github or something...
Thanks a lot noee, I will search for it and let you know
Settings like image enhancement are the most important for me to start
castaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2016, 14:49   #38066  |  Link
ashlar42

I created a custom resolution on my HTPC (Win 8.1 x64, Nvidia GTX660). It got accepted as 60, although it was for 59.940 (more 59.941 in my case, including clock deviation adjustment).

BUT

But apparently madVR, with FSE and DirectX11 path, decides to use the old 59 frequency from standard Nvidia Control Panel. A resolution I have no way of selecting manually, mind. And if I switch to Windowed DX11 or DX9 (both FSE and Windowed), madVR picks the correct resolution/refresh, the custom one I've created (which gives a repeat every 5.55 hours or so).

Why the heck are custom resolutions so fricking complicated?!?!? :stare:

Using Nvidia I would surely love for a "for dummies" guide to CRU. I've tried using it in the past but I never understand how to.

Alternatively, what do I have to lose most from? Switching from DX11 FSE to DX11 Windowed or to DX9 FSE? In both cases I lose 10 bit rendering but what else?

Last edited by ashlar42; 19th May 2016 at 15:10.
ashlar42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2016, 15:14   #38067  |  Link
huhn

you are only loosing 10 bit output.
huhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2016, 16:23   #38068  |  Link
Phantasmagorie

The installed XySubFilter version is updated

Just updated both madVR and XySubfilter, and now mpc's OSD is telling me that XySubFilter is outdated, even though I'm running the latest beta version, any ideas?
Phantasmagorie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2016, 16:28   #38069  |  Link
sneaker_ger

Can you make a screenshot of the error message? What versions of MPC-HC, madVR and XySubFilter are you using exactly (i.e. the numbers, not "latest")?

I have no problems using MPC-HC x64 1.7.10.207, madVR 0.90.19 and XySubFilter 3.1.0.746.
sneaker_ger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2016, 16:29   #38070  |  Link
huhn

which version of xy subfilter is loaded?

you can check the version under about in the xy subfilter properties.
Old 19th May 2016, 16:52   #38071  |  Link
Phantasmagorie

madvR v0.90.19 & xySubFilter3.1.0.746 BETA3 (shows as 3.1.0.705 in "About")
Attached Images

Old 19th May 2016, 16:54   #38072  |  Link
sneaker_ger

Then you probably still have old XySubFilter.
Old 19th May 2016, 16:58   #38073  |  Link
huhn

we can't see your screen. it needs admin approval so think about uploading is somewhere.

looks like you are loading an old version.
maybe you have only update the 32 bit version but you are using a 64 bit player or something like that.
Old 19th May 2016, 17:07   #38074  |  Link
Phantasmagorie

I am using MPC v1.7.10 (x86) and when I uninstalled xySubFilter it could not detect it any more so I can only assume it is uninstalling correctly, but when i reinstall it isn't installing the correct version.

Here is the error: http://i.imgur.com/Wn5oB7m.jpg
Here is my xysubFilter: http://i.imgur.com/N0PRkiR.png

EDIT: I wiped all of my filters, uninstalled the player and rebooted. After reinstalling everything I am no longer having the issue, thank you to everyone for your help.

Last edited by Phantasmagorie; 19th May 2016 at 17:17.
Old 19th May 2016, 17:24   #38075  |  Link
XMonarchY

I was never big on subtitles because most of my content was in English, but I recently ripped and watched a foreign film, which came with English (NOT hard-coded) subtitles. I wasn't reading much of anything back when madVR just released subtitles settings because I could care less about them, until now...

I was HOPING madVR could MOVE subtitles to the very bottom black bar (for 21:9 content format, which this foreign film used), but no matter which settings I adjusted, I couldn't move the subtitles anywhere. The subtitles were integrated into the ripped MKV file itself and were not coming from a separate subtitles file. I know the subtitles were not hard-coded because I could turn them off completely...

Questions:
- Can madVR move non-hard-coded subtitles to the bottom of the screen, where black bar is located in 21:9 film content?
- If madVR CAN move the subtitles to the bottom of the screen (on the black bar), then which settings do I need to adjust and which values should I use for those settings?

Slightly off-topic side-questions:
- Can MPC-HC + LAV Filters + ReClock + madVR play films downloaded from Microsoft Store on Windows 10 Pro x64?
- If the above is possible, then where do I find these downloaded Store files and how can I make them run on MPC-HC + LAV Filters + ReClock + madVR?

Last edited by XMonarchY; 19th May 2016 at 17:27.
Old 19th May 2016, 17:29   #38076  |  Link
sneaker_ger

How it works may depend on the subtitle, the subtitle format and the renderer. For MPC-HC's internal renderer you would go MPC-HC Options -> Subtitles -> Default Style and un-tick "Position subtitles relative to video frame". For XySubFilter you should go into madVR's "zoom control" and enable moving subtitles to the bottom of the screen.
Old 19th May 2016, 17:34   #38077  |  Link
omarank

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
At least it seems more logical that way. However, and here comes the weird part: If you read the BT.709, BT.2020 etc specs, they explicitly say that limited range 8bit video has peak white at 235, while limited range 10bit video has peak white at 940. Using this logic, it could be 65280 instead of 65535.

In any case, when analyzing those 16bit ramps, madVR understands both types of LUTs to be "linear". But when creating a linear 16bit ramp, madVR uses 257.

From what I remember, in some OSs and with some GPU drivers, 256 was used and sometimes 257.
Upon toggling the two states of "linear" LUTs (65280 ending and 65535 ending) while playing some movie content, I find the images look better (more natural) when the LUT is in the OS default state (ending at 65280). But this may be subjective.

I wish madVR could completely disable the LUT processing instead of setting the LUT linear. In that case even when the LUT is loaded, madVR could read the LUT and apply it internally in high bit depth like it does for Overlay mode.

Last edited by omarank; 19th May 2016 at 17:39.
omarank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2016, 18:13   #38078  |  Link
MariaX9

Quote:
Originally Posted by chros View Post
No, you can use any directshow player. Lav expose couple of info that maybe other filters won't for madvr (3d, hdr, etc), so it's a safe bet to go for lav.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmodian View Post
LAVfilter is a needed companion for madVR. To my knowledge it is the only filter that passes flags to madVR, otherwise a lot of assumptions are made. Those assumptions are often correct but it is much better to use the stream information if it is available.

However LAV has been integrated into MPC-HC and MPC-BE so you do not need to install anything else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by huhn View Post
mpc-be has not integrated lavfilter.

mpc-be internal filter can't deal with ordered chapter while lavfilter can.
lavfilter can't deal with very exotic PS2 videos that are using a "special" type of PCM. the audio is ignored in this case while mpc-be internal filter can play them with audio.

these are just things i know the list should be way longer.
Thanks for the help, guys.
i will use MPC-HC now.
MariaX9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2016, 21:21   #38079  |  Link
rvs75

Quote:
Originally Posted by castaway View Post
Hello everyone

Any developer here ?
I have a player project, and would need to use mvrInterfaces but from the .NET library

I would mostly appreciate any help here, as I'm not a c++ developper (mvrInterfaces.h in c++).
(I tryed to compile it, adding CLR option, I could add it to my project but can't use the dll afterward).

You can find an old version here (2012).

From the same developer (ccrocker=KeyserSoze17) =>MeediOS - madVR Video Player, but i can't find source
rvs75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2016, 22:14   #38080  |  Link
aufkrawall

Crimson 16.5.2 dramatically decreases madVR performance for me with my 390, I can't even use SuperRes 2 for 1080p -> WQHD Jinc, while with 16.5.1 even SR3 works.
Filled in a bug report, this driver gives also other users quite some problems.
aufkrawall is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
direct compute, dithering, error diffusion, madvr, ngu, nnedi3, quality, renderer, scaling, uhd upscaling, upsampling