Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 22nd October 2012, 15:01   #701  |  Link
MaistroX

Another request by me (and I belive alot of ppl.) is:

1. Being able to crop/rezie with preview, needed sometimes on some movies.
2. Since the convert of subtitles works perfect now (at least for me) from BD3D disc to 3D subtiles, have a either standalone "app" that ONLY pics subtitles and convert them to 3D subtiles and/or integrate it as a standalone option, for one to use when 3D subtiles ONLY are needed (and they are from time to time).

Something that can be done/implemented?

Regards MaistroX
MaistroX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2012, 15:55   #702  |  Link
pommesmatte

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0lZ View Post
I've also noticed that my quad core cpu works at almost 100% with DirectShowMVCSource but only at 25 to 75% with ssifSource. I suppose it's because ldecod is not multi-threaded, and is the bottleneck. x264 spends much time in waiting for the ldecod output. If you have only one or two cpu cores, the cpu usage will probably be higher, and that could explain the less important difference of the encoding times.

Also, x264 is much demanding of memory. (It consumes about 2GB when I encode with ssifSource) and, if you don't have enough memory and the system must swap, the duration of the encoding may increase dramatically.
Thanks for the tests. I'm using X264 "slow" encode, and afair my Quad-Core was also at 100% with SSIF-Source. I have 6GB RAM, so that should not be an issue.

As I already posted I got higher fps than you with SSIF-Source, in especially taking into account, that i use "slow" profile, maybe RAM is a limitation for you!?
pommesmatte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2012, 16:02   #703  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceNerd View Post
eac3to is able to convert DTS to AC3 and even DTS-HD to AC3 via the "-core" flag. Is it possible to include this feature?
You can already enable the -core flag. Look in tab 2 (Select Streams). However, as far as I know, the -core flag is used only to extract the 5.1 audio from a 7.1 DTS file, not to convert to AC3.

I know that eac3to can convert the audio streams to other formats (including AC3), but I don't want to do another eac3to frontend. The philosophy of my GUI is to convert a 3D BD to MK3D with as less quality loss as possible. And, if you wish, you can easily convert the DTS track to AC3 and mux it manually. However, I may include that option if several users want it. (Not sure how to do it btw. Is it sufficient to change the extension of the output file to force eac3to to convert a DTS stream to AC3?)
r0lZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2012, 16:21   #704  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaistroX View Post
1. Being able to crop/rezie with preview, needed sometimes on some movies.
It's not easy, as Tcl/Tk (the scripting language I've used to write BD3D2*) has nothing to show a video. Also, since currently, it is impossible to seek in the input video, the user will have to pick a frame at the very beginning of the movie. Not very practical.

Furthermore, I've explained several times that it is not a good idea to crop the image, because most 3D hardware players (including almost all 3D TVs) require true 16:9 to display correctly a SBS or T/B movie. So, cropping the black borders of a Cinemascope movie is not recommended. It may work fine with software players, but if you buy a new 3D TV, you will probably have to re-encode all your 3D-BDs. I don't want to encourage the users to crop their movies.

For a similar reason, I think that resizing is usually not a good idea, except if you resize to 720p, and BD3D2MK3D can already do that.

Anyway, again, if you really want to crop or resize, you can do it in the avisynth script before launching the encoding.

Quote:
2. Since the convert of subtitles works perfect now (at least for me) from BD3D disc to 3D subtiles, have a either standalone "app" that ONLY pics subtitles and convert them to 3D subtiles and/or integrate it as a standalone option, for one to use when 3D subtiles ONLY are needed (and they are from time to time).
Look in the Tools menu. I have already implemented that option. It's not a totally independent GUI, but you don't need to load a BD in BD3D2MK3D to convert an existing 2D subtitle in SUP, SUB/IDX or XML/PNG format to 3D. (The same formats are supported for the output, but SUB/IDX is assumed by default.)

Note also that Suppe3D is a simple CLI tool that has been developed because BDSup2Sub++ cannot do the 3D conversion yet, but it should be able to do it soon. When it will be available, you will have the perfect tool, with a nice GUI.
Old 22nd October 2012, 16:29   #705  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommesmatte View Post
Thanks for the tests. I'm using X264 "slow" encode, and afair my Quad-Core was also at 100% with SSIF-Source. I have 6GB RAM, so that should not be an issue.

As I already posted I got higher fps than you with SSIF-Source, in especially taking into account, that i use "slow" profile, maybe RAM is a limitation for you!?
No, I have 4GB of RAM and it's sufficient.

I suppose you have 100% of CPU usage because you encode with the slow preset. Since x264 spend more time in encoding, it is the bottleneck, and ssifSource has enough time to decode. BTW, IMO, with ssifSource, it's the way to go. Since it cannot decode quickly, it is a good idea to set the x264 preset to the highest speed that consumes all CPU power. This way, you can improve the quality with only a small speed penalty. With DirectShowMVCSource, if you lower the speed, the process will certainly take a longer time.
Old 22nd October 2012, 17:17   #706  |  Link
pommesmatte

Quote:
Is it sufficient to change the extension of the output file to force eac3to to convert a DTS stream to AC3?)
Yes that should do.
Old 22nd October 2012, 19:38   #707  |  Link
Nico8583

Hi !
I'm trying your software and it's very good
Do you mind it's possible to add :
- encode with 2pass (to get a fix video size)
- export the final script with x264 encode, avs script, etc...
In which language do you program ?
Thank you !
Nico8583 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2012, 20:02   #708  |  Link
MaistroX

I know, but since I´d like to be able to ONLY get get 3D subtitles from a BD and/or extracted, converted to 3D subtitles SBS (option for Over/Under maby allso) and that cant be done without debuxing BD, it world be nice to have that option allso!

Quote:
Look in the Tools menu. I have already implemented that option. It's not a totally independent GUI, but you don't need to load a BD in BD3D2MK3D to convert an existing 2D subtitle in SUP, SUB/IDX or XML/PNG format to 3D. (The same formats are supported for the output, but SUB/IDX is assumed by default.)

Note also that Suppe3D is a simple CLI tool that has been developed because BDSup2Sub++ cannot do the 3D conversion yet, but it should be able to do it soon. When it will be available, you will have the perfect tool, with a nice GUI.
Sorry forgot one...

Agree to above req: - encode with 2pass (to get a fix video size)

Can you please set an box/option to be able to write in IF on want to set a kpps for a rip?
An easy way if one wants to have on rip in like 10000 kbps and another one 8500 kbps!
And if not to complicatied, if one can see the estimated total size if one sets it to ex: 10000 kbps!

Regards MaistroX

Last edited by MaistroX; 22nd October 2012 at 20:27.
MaistroX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2012, 21:26   #709  |  Link
SpaceNerd

Encoding BD with multiple SSIF files

Quote:
And, if you wish, you can easily convert the DTS track to AC3 and mux it manually.
Thanks again for the answer. That's what I'm doing now. But it was worth asking since there are some people out there preferring AC3 over DTS (especially since this is easy to do using eac3to).

Anyway - I tried to encode Tron Legay 3D using BD3D2MK3D. As the movie consists of two SSIF files, the following AVS script is generated:
Code:
part1 = DirectShowMVCSource("X:\BDMV\STREAM\SSIF\00131.m2ts", stf=OVERUNDER_L)
part2 = DirectShowMVCSource("X:\BDMV\STREAM\SSIF\00133.m2ts", stf=OVERUNDER_L)
last  = left1 + left2
AssumeFPS("ntsc_film")
# Anaglyph and Interleaved modes are in RGB32, and must be converted to YV12.
#ConvertToYV12(matrix="PC.709")
With this script, the encoding (obviously) fails immediately (wrong file names, leftX instead of partX parameters). After changing the script to the following, however, the encoding works just fine:
Code:
part1 = DirectShowMVCSource("X:\BDMV\STREAM\SSIF\00131.ssif", stf=OVERUNDER_L)
part2 = DirectShowMVCSource("X:\BDMV\STREAM\SSIF\00133.ssif", stf=OVERUNDER_L)
last  = part1 + part2
AssumeFPS("ntsc_film")
IsRGB() ? ConvertToYV12(matrix="PC.709") : last
SpaceNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2012, 22:27   #710  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico8583 View Post
Hi !
I'm trying your software and it's very good
Do you mind it's possible to add :
- encode with 2pass (to get a fix video size)
I agree that that can be useful. Originally, in BD3D2AVS, the decoding phase was so slow that 2 passes was almost impossible. But with the new faster method, 2 passes can be useful. I'll have to modify the GUI much, so don't expect it soon, but I add it in my to-do list.

Quote:
- export the final script with x264 encode, avs script, etc...
I'm not sure I understand. Do you want an option to save the current project settings, to reload it later in the GUI? Unfortunately, it's very difficult. The BD must be scanned anyway, and the parameters may differ if, for example, the BD is in another drive. Furthermore, I haven't build the program with that possibility in mind, and adding that feature would require to modify it completely. Sorry.
Quote:
In which language do you program ?
Thank you !
For my GUIs, I use Tcl/Tk. It is very powerful to build complex GUIs, but it's a slow interpreted language, and it has its drawbacks. (I wrote PgcEdit almost entirely in Tcl/Tk, and that was certainly a bad idea, because at the beginning, my intention was to write only a simple GUI.)
Old 22nd October 2012, 22:31   #711  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
I know, but since I´d like to be able to ONLY get get 3D subtitles from a BD and/or extracted, converted to 3D subtitles SBS (option for Over/Under maby allso) and that cant be done without debuxing BD, it world be nice to have that option allso!
You would like the possibility to convert a subpic stream from the BD directly, without demuxing it first? Right?
Sorry, but that's currently impossible. You need to demux it, either with my app, or with any eac3to GUI, then use the tool to convert it to 3D.
Old 22nd October 2012, 22:36   #712  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Thanks again for the answer. That's what I'm doing now. But it was worth asking since there are some people out there preferring AC3 over DTS (especially since this is easy to do using eac3to).
If it is really sufficient to change the output extension to AC3, I can probably add that feature in the next version...

Quote:
Anyway - I tried to encode Tron Legay 3D using BD3D2MK3D. As the movie consists of two SSIF files, the following AVS script is generated:
Code:
part1 = DirectShowMVCSource("X:\BDMV\STREAM\SSIF\00131.m2ts", stf=OVERUNDER_L)
part2 = DirectShowMVCSource("X:\BDMV\STREAM\SSIF\00133.m2ts", stf=OVERUNDER_L)
last  = left1 + left2
AssumeFPS("ntsc_film")
# Anaglyph and Interleaved modes are in RGB32, and must be converted to YV12.
#ConvertToYV12(matrix="PC.709")
With this script, the encoding (obviously) fails immediately (wrong file names, leftX instead of partX parameters). After changing the script to the following, however, the encoding works just fine:
Code:
part1 = DirectShowMVCSource("X:\BDMV\STREAM\SSIF\00131.ssif", stf=OVERUNDER_L)
part2 = DirectShowMVCSource("X:\BDMV\STREAM\SSIF\00133.ssif", stf=OVERUNDER_L)
last  = part1 + part2
AssumeFPS("ntsc_film")
IsRGB() ? ConvertToYV12(matrix="PC.709") : last
Oops, obviously, I forgot to modify some lines of code after a copy/paste.
Sorry, that app is difficult to test, especially because each test requires much time, and there are many combinations of options to test.
Anyway, I will fix that bug. Thanks for the precise bug report!

[EDIT] Bug fixed. I'll release v0.4 tomorrow. I will first see if I can add the conversion to AC3 easily.

Last edited by r0lZ; 22nd October 2012 at 22:49.
Old 22nd October 2012, 22:36   #713  |  Link
Nico8583

Quote:
I agree that that can be useful. Originally, in BD3D2AVS, the decoding phase was so slow that 2 passes was almost impossible. But with the new faster method, 2 passes can be useful. I'll have to modify the GUI much, so don't expect it soon, but I add it in my to-do list.
Thanks for your response. What is "soon" for you ?

Quote:
I'm not sure I understand. Do you want an option to save the current project settings, to reload it later in the GUI? Unfortunately, it's very difficult. The BD must be scanned anyway, and the parameters may differ if, for example, the BD is in another drive. Furthermore, I haven't build the program with that possibility in mind, and adding that feature would require to modify it completely. Sorry.
I'm agree with you, it's a little confused. I would like to see what command line is launch to encode, for example "x264 -option1 -option2=x -option3=y..." and the avs script generated by your program

Quote:
For my GUIs, I use Tcl/Tk. It is very powerful to build complex GUIs, but it's a slow interpreted language, and it has its drawbacks. (I wrote PgcEdit almost entirely in Tcl/Tk, and that was certainly a bad idea, because at the beginning, my intention was to write only a simple GUI.)
I don't know this language, if it was Delphi or C++ I would help you perhaps... Thank you again for your app
Nico8583 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2012, 23:32   #714  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Quote:
Thanks for your response. What is "soon" for you ?
Not sure. It depends of the difficulty. Perhaps in one week or so.

Quote:
I'm agree with you, it's a little confused. I would like to see what command line is launch to encode, for example "x264 -option1 -option2=x -option3=y..." and the avs script generated by your program
Well, the script and the x264 commands are generated after the demux phase, as they change if, for example, a stream cannot be demuxed. (It's often the case if you ask to mux a subtitle stream with forced captions only, and there are no forced captions in the stream.) Therefore, I can't display the command and the script before the end of the job. If you want to examine them, you have two options. Open the script of the batch files in notepad, or have a look at the console (in the Files menu). The commands that are executed are displayed in the console, as well as the content of the script and batch files.

Quote:
I don't know this language, if it was Delphi or C++ I would help you perhaps... Thank you again for your app
Thanks for your proposition. But if you know C++, I suggest to help Neisklar in debugging DirectShowMVCSource. IMO, the most important thing to do currently is to fix the "seek bug". (Without that bug, it will be much easier to preview the 3D movie, for example to try the depth of the 3D subtitles.) DirectShowMVCSource is the important program to develop and maintain, and my GUI is only, well, a GUI!
Old 23rd October 2012, 00:21   #715  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

BD3D2MK3D v0.4

Here is v0.4 of BD3D2MK3D. It fixes this bug, and I've added the possibility to convert DTS and WAV audio tracks to AC3 during the demux phase.

BTW, currently, the -core option is automatically set when the conversion to AC3 is enabled, as I don't think it makes sense to convert a 7.1 DTS track to AC3. Am I right?

As always, it has been only roughly tested, but the conversion to AC3 seems to work well, and the bug is really fixed. :-)

Code:
# v0.4 (October 23, 2012)
# - Added option to convert DTS and WAV audio streams to AC3 in tab 2.
# - Bug: Wrong file and part names in AVS script when a MPLS is made of several SSIF files.
Download
Old 23rd October 2012, 12:53   #716  |  Link
slavanap

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleMan View Post
Strange problem I just can't solve -

So far I've used the gui with many 3d blu-ray discs, always works perfect. However, I just can't get it to work with Men in Black III.
When trying to encode I immediately get an error that the pipe has ended.

This gets even stranger as I've tried 3 different editions of this movie (US/EU/Nordic) - all of them fail while every other disc works.
Also, the 3 editions don't share the same encodes, files or playlists. One disc has the ebtire movie on 1 ssif while others have it split across many.

The rips are fine as all discs play flawlessly on every player I tried (in both 2D and 3D).

I also tried actually demuxing left and right .h264 files and feeding those to the ssifsource instead of a playlist or ssif file - same result, it just won't decode.

I'm completely stumped.
Is there a blu-ray protected disc? If so, you should use AnyDVD tool first.

Quote:
yup, now I get it. this version of ldecod isn't even for MVC - it's for standard h264/AVC.
Apparently, alex-pk modified it to support MVC, and god only knows who alex-pk is and where can we find a newer version of the decoder.

God I wish I could figure out a way to load/register CoreMVC from Stereoscopic Player as a directshow filter. I know Stereoscopic Player uses it as a filter, but regsvr32 fails to register it (probably by design).
As I investigated, he is one of the users from http://torrents3d.ru/ But he doesn't reply for private messages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penecho View Post
Ah and btw, i googled a bit and found that info, that is where i had my line from. Dont know if anyone posted yet, but i found it to be useful, what else is possible (was from someone @pastebin):

Code:
LoadPlugin("ssifSource.dll")

#LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\AviSynth 2.5\plugins\VSFilter.dll")
#
# ssifSource plugin
# Parameters: 
#   1 | ssif_file   | string  | name of .ssif file
#   2 | width       | integer | width of video
#   3 | height      | integer | height of video
#   4 | frame_count | integer | number of frames to decode
#   5 | left_track  | integer | left eye track in eac3to output, that will be used
#   6 | right_track | integer | same for right eye
#   7 | left_264    | string  | name of .h264 video file used for manual decoding for left eye
#   8 | right_264   | string  | same for right right eye (delta)
#
# Examples:
#  1. ssifSource("e:\BDMV\STREAM\SSIF\00005.ssif", 1920, 1080, 1000)
#     or
#     ssifSource(ssif_file = "e:\BDMV\STREAM\SSIF\00005.ssif", width = 1920, height = 1080, frame_count = 1000)
#
#  2. ssifSource("e:\BDMV\PLAYLIST\00001.mpls", 1920, 1080, 1000, 2, 3)
#     note: make sure about track numbers before using the filter. Defaults are: left_track = 1, right_track = 2
#
#  3. ssifSource(width = 1920, height = 1080, frame_count = 1000, left_264 = "left.h264", right_264 = "right.h264")
#     note: it's better when filenames of .h264 files don't have spaces and special characters, 
#           because sometimes ldecod.exe fails to parse such commandline
#
#  WARNING: ssifSource plugin ALWAYS produce video of 25 fps, so make sure you set proper fps settings before encoding!
#

#src = ssifSource("e:\BDMV\PLAYLIST\00001.mpls", 1920, 1080, 1000, 2, 3)
#src = ssifSource("e:\BDMV\STREAM\SSIF\00005.ssif", 1920, 1080, 1000)

video = ssifSource(width = 1920, height = 1080, frame_count = 139368, left_264 = "..\streams\left.264", right_264 = "..\streams\right.264")

left  = crop(video, 0, 0, video.width, video.height/2)
right = crop(video, 0, video.height/2, video.width, video.height/2)

#remove letterbox
left  = crop(left, 0, 140, 0, -140)
right = crop(right, 0, 140, 0, -140)
video = TopDown3D(left,right)
AssumeFPS(video, 23.976)

#video = TopDown3D(left,right)
#video = stackhorizontal(left,right)
#video.VobSub("..\pob_ovun21.idx")
#return video.ConvertToYV12

#VobSub("F:\resident\subs\pob_ovun.idx")
return video
Quote:
I see. That left_264 = "...264", right_264 = "...264" syntax is interesting. I didn't know it. But I don't think I'll use it in BD3D2AVS, as it requires to demux both video streams. It is much more easy to convert the ISO streams directly.
That strange. I've added that info into usage script example in every package I've uploaded.

Quote:
This is SO annoying. Basically, there is no acceptable way to back up Men in Black 3.

DVDFab conversions are low-quality, and even if I wanted to make them lossless to later re-encode with x264, it's limited to 30mbit/sec, which is by far too low.

IMToo Blu-ray 3D Ripper isn't bitrate limited, but it applies some sort of weird filter to the video (or it's just a very bad encoder) so that even at 80mbit/sec, picture quality is less than ideal.

Lastly, we have ldecod/ssifsource/h264stereosource which just can't decode it and doesn't look like there'll ever be a new version.

Then we have Stereoscopic Player which does include a wonderful directshowsource MVC decoder by CoreCodec (CoreMVC) but has the DLL of the filter unregisterable (regsvr32 fails) even though Stereoscopic Player uses it in a directshow graph.

There is just no way out ;(
I've solved that problem already, but I quite late, though.
Shall I upload my example of usage of StereoPlayer's CoreMVC decoder?

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by frencher View Post
That's why I was talking to update ldecod mod
There is nobody around that can update it =/
That's true. Another way is to wait a new Intel Media SDK MVC decoder. They promised to add blu-ray format support.

Quote:
Complete log of: "MIB 3" in 3D (Direct to original disc) Zone A+B+C
Code:
max_dec_frame_buffering larger than MaxDpbSize
Error writing to pipe! | 0x0000006d: Le canal de communication a été fermé.
Error writing to pipe! | 0x0000006d: Le canal de communication a été fermé.

Writing the destination file faile
v03 Writing the destination file failed.
Aborted at file position 15728640
Aborted at file position 7340032.
That bug has been already discussed here. It is ldecod-mod bug. And after that message ldecod.exe terminates, so reading from/writing to pipes can not be continued.

Quote:
I don't understand why you want to do that. DirectShowMVCSource decodes the left and right views, so if you have them already in h264, you can't decode them again. Anyway, to use the stf parameter, you need to decode a SSIF file. It doesn't work with raw h264 streams, or with m2ts files. (BTW, due to limitations in the Stereo Player filters, it doesn't work either with MPLS files. Pity!)

I suppose you need something to source a h264 stream, right? IMO, the best method is to mux it to mkv, and then use DirectShowSource.
The problem is that right.h264 can not be simply decoded, because it uses parts of left.h264.

I think at the next stage (if we shall have errors with CoreMVC) we have to read blu-ray stream format documentation. Because if alexpk could add that functionality to ldecod, why we can not?

Quote:
I thought redirection of pipe...
To understand the difficulty of that, please read Microsoft DirectShow Filter development manual (that is pretty tangled, too). There is no "pipes" there.

Quote:
First failure of Prometheus with DirectShowMVCSource.dll @ 17.4% but ldecod works 100% Done
Might be out of memory error. Try to add avisynth "setmemorymax(128)" method at the top of the avs-script.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keka View Post
Hi r01Z,
I have had some recent success with BD3D2AVS however have now encounted the some problems I posted a little while ago, this time with 3D "The Avengers", The problem is with Right view, went right back to the original post and got the dreaded green screen for right view, with BD3D2AVS I got the earlier described end pipe error.
I see that there has been a lot of recent success lately, can you direct me to you latest version of the BD3D2AVS tool kit to try?
regards and thanks
Please, send a link to the video source, from where you got it. I'll try to find out the issue that causes it.

Quote:
Is it (still) necessary to add 3 seconds of black to the end of the video? Because if I uncheck this setting, the encoding fails (there's something missing in the generated AVS script):
Code:
avs [error]: `_ENCODE_3D_MOVIE.avs' didn't return a video clip
I've noticed that right view decoded by CoreMVC has frame count less by 1 than the left view. And it might be a bug of CoreMVC decoder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommesmatte View Post

Please, keep in mind that if you do use 32-bit version of any application (x264.exe, for example) there is ONLY 2GB RAM available for it.

P.S. Sorry for a late reply (work, work, work...)

Last edited by slavanap; 23rd October 2012 at 16:34.
slavanap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2012, 16:58   #717  |  Link
Neisklar

Quote:
Originally Posted by slavanap View Post
I've solved that problem already, but I quite late, though.
Shall I upload my example of usage of StereoPlayer's CoreMVC decoder?
Absolutly yes, so we can learn from each others ways to use it, and make an more robust and stable solution.

Quote:
That's true. Another way is to wait a new Intel Media SDK MVC decoder. They promised to add blu-ray format support.
Yeah, i read it, that promise was made already some month ago, and still no release of the mvc part.
Also it seems there is noone from the ffmpeg group working on MVC.
Neisklar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2012, 22:05   #718  |  Link
pommesmatte

Quote:
BTW, currently, the -core option is automatically set when the conversion to AC3 is enabled, as I don't think it makes sense to convert a 7.1 DTS track to AC3. Am I right?
eac3to will automatically downmix the rear-surround into the surround-channels, but extracting the Core should be fine, as the core should exactly incorporate the downmixed 5.1 per definition.
Old 23rd October 2012, 23:40   #719  |  Link
Neisklar

Quote:
Originally Posted by slavanap View Post
Another way is to wait a new Intel Media SDK MVC decoder. They promised to add blu-ray format support.
There is an MVC Decoder (even as DirectShowFilter) inside the 2012 R3 Intel Media SDK, but i can't really connect it in GraphEdit
Also it seems it only takes a combined bitstream, not seperated streams.
Neisklar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2012, 10:33   #720  |  Link
slavanap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neisklar View Post
There is an MVC Decoder (even as DirectShowFilter) inside the 2012 R3 Intel Media SDK, but i can't really connect it in GraphEdit
Also it seems it only takes a combined bitstream, not seperated streams.
That's true. And the way is to try to remux two streams into .mvc one. As well as Intel MVC decoder, original ldecod binaries also support .mvc format, so the alexpk's work was based on remuxing two files into one. I haven't studied h264 ("annex H", I guess; Intel MVC decoder & ldecod supports only "annex B") well to do so.
And if someone do so, it will be absolutely legal.

Last edited by slavanap; 24th October 2012 at 10:38.
slavanap is offline   Reply With Quote