Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Announcements and Chat > General Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 27th January 2009, 16:21   #221  |  Link
clsid

On Vista, GraphStudio will give an error when trying to change the merit of a filter, even when run on an admin account. If I explicitly run GraphStudio with admin privileges, then it works ok.

Vista by default gives low privileges to applications. You should be able to fix that by adding a manifest to the executable.
Something like this:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?> 
  <assembly xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1" manifestVersion="1.0" xmlns:asmv3="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v3">
  <assemblyIdentity name="GraphStudio" processorArchitecture="x86" version="1.0.0.0" type="win32" /> 
  <description>GraphStudio</description> 
  <trustInfo xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v3">
  <security>
  <requestedPrivileges>
  <requestedExecutionLevel level="asInvoker" uiAccess="false" /> 
  </requestedPrivileges>
  </security>
  </trustInfo>
  </assembly>
Edit: hmmm, it worked ok last time I tried on Vista. Nevermind then.

Last edited by clsid; 4th March 2009 at 13:45.
clsid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2009, 01:45   #222  |  Link
rica

Igor, i've been wondering if it is possible you to add WASAPI support over Madflac?

EDIT: Sorry Igor, it is wrong address.

Last edited by rica; 21st February 2009 at 01:51.
rica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2009, 22:12   #223  |  Link
six13

Can't figure it out?

I am looking at a .dvr-ms file my friled sent me that he recorded on media center and is trying to conver to mpg so he can write to DVD. This is a movie recorded from satelite dish. Previously he used to take the .dvr-ms file and easily convert to mpg with DRVmstoolbox but all he gets is an error after 5 seconds. I looked at the file with Graphedit and this is what I see. Is there a workaround? If so please explain as I am a new to video editing but find it very intersting. I have been serching but can't fidn the solution in plain english. Pleae see screen shot.

Thank you very much.

Sex13
Attached Images

six13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2009, 13:46   #224  |  Link
clsid

I noticed a small issue in the "Text Information". A long file path gets truncated to 128 characters.
Old 25th March 2009, 14:59   #225  |  Link
Maik

How to analyze an existing graph?

Hi there,

in our video editing software, we are encountering the following problem:

Sometimes, during graph creation, direct show uses filters we don't want it to use within the graph or at least tries to use them. Especially specific codecs can be problematic, so we try to avoid those in our graph.

At the moment, we implement the IAMGraphBuilderCallback Interface to prohibit the use of those filters, which works fine, provided we know the GUIDS beforehand. ( We hold all unwanted GUIDs in a "Blacklist", as well as known and uncritical filters in a "Whitelist". )

But, in case an unknown filter might be used, we can not analyze if the filter is really added to the graph. We can only see if it was handled by our class implementing the above mentioned interface via it's CreatedFilter() or SelectedFilter() methods.

So the question is:
How can we get the GUIDs for all filters actually added to our running graph from within our application?

( We already tried the EnumFilters()method, too. This only gives us an object called "Big Switch", which, when running the graph, obviously is expanded. We called the method before and/or after the ->Run(), to no avail... )

I'm looking at the GraphStudio source code at the moment to get a hint of how it's done there, but i just don't get i, to be honest.

Cheers & Thanx in advance
Maik

Last edited by Maik; 25th March 2009 at 15:06.
Maik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2009, 15:35   #226  |  Link
RadScorpion

Hmm... this is kinda tough issue. There is no interface that would notify you that a filter has been added or removed to/from a graph.

You might try to enumerate all filters twice - once before the render operation and once after it has been finished... and then compare the two lists. But this will not help you fight unwanted filters.

I would strongly recommend to use the ICaptureGraphBuilder2 interface (don't get confused - it can be used for any graph, not only capture) which has a very powerful method - RenderStream. You can specify source-, mid- and sink filters for a single rendered chain. e.g. RenderStream( type_video, splitter, NULL, video_procesor ) will only build a video decoding chain and won't end up with a deep filter tree in case a stupid filter happens to get in the way.

Igor
RadScorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2009, 15:58   #227  |  Link
Maik

Thanx Igor for the quick response

RenderStream (...) is called somewhere in our code already,
so we may be able to tinker with it some more, like you suggested, to get the desired results.

Anyway i will report here about our progress.

Cheers
Maik
Old 26th March 2009, 16:46   #228  |  Link
Maik

One more question:

How can i download the complete Head-Revision trunk?
I managed to download the "tags" .zip files, but the trunk view only offers some html views of the source-files.

I tried to copy the URL "http://dev.monogram.sk/websvn/" into my SVN client's (Tortoise) Repo-Browser,
but this doesn't seem to work either.

Greetings
Maik
Old 26th March 2009, 16:48   #229  |  Link
RadScorpion

There is a link published on this page : http://blog.monogram.sk/janos/tools/...m-graphstudio/

The svn URL is :

svn co svn://dev.monogram.sk/public/graphstudio/trunk
Old 5th April 2009, 12:27   #230  |  Link
Brazil2

There is an annoyance with the Render URL option. The number of characters that can be used for the URL is limited to the width of the text input window.

For instance, I can't enter more than 65 digits:

and only 39 W's:
WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

This is way too short for most URL's, especially Akamai's ones.
Brazil2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th April 2009, 16:21   #231  |  Link
kalia

Quote:
Originally Posted by clsid View Post
I noticed a small issue in the "Text Information". A long file path gets truncated to 128 characters.
i've been experiencing truncation issues aswell. not a major issue and one that i can work around but has anyone sorted this out yet?

kalia.
kalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2009, 16:15   #232  |  Link
turbojet

Any chance of unregistering and changing merits of multiple items in the filters page?
turbojet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2009, 17:20   #233  |  Link
RadScorpion

Hi. Sorry for the late reply.

@turbojet: yes, that might be possible. I'm planing a larger release soon focused mainly on user interface issues so any ideas that might come handy are welcome.

I'm also reading the Media Foundation documentation intensively and hope to find some time to write some GraphStudio-like tool for Media Foundation as well.
Old 11th May 2009, 17:59   #234  |  Link
CiNcH

Little issue..

.. it is only possible to connect to a remote graph once. If you disconnect from it, the graph will not be available in the connect list any longer afterwards. The application which created the graph has to be restarted to make it available within GraphStudio again.

A feature that saves GraphEdit from being deleted is removing filters from the remote graph on-the-fly, so during graph runtime.
Old 11th May 2009, 18:05   #235  |  Link
RadScorpion

I'm doing exactly this quite often and do not experience any such problems. What applications are you referring to ?
Old 11th May 2009, 18:34   #236  |  Link
CiNcH

Quote:
I'm doing exactly this quite often and do not experience any such problems. What applications are you referring to ?
DVBViewer Pro. No problem with GraphEdit. Only if I connected to the remote graph with GraphStudio once, it is afterwards also not available within GraphEdit any longer. But within GraphEdit only, I can connect/disconnect as often as I want.

Using Windows XP SP3 here.
Old 11th May 2009, 21:30   #237  |  Link
rica

Quote:
Originally Posted by CiNcH View Post
DVBViewer Pro. No problem with GraphEdit. Only if I connected to the remote graph with GraphStudio once, it is afterwards also not available within GraphEdit any longer. But within GraphEdit only, I can connect/disconnect as often as I want.

Using Windows XP SP3 here.
Confirmed for Vista32+DVBViewer as well.
We have two graphs behind the application as you know; one for capturing, the other one for playing.
When i connect and disconnect and after try to connect again to the playing graph, i can't see that but untouched capture graph remains but you will see both graphs in second trial with graphedit.

Another point:
I can't use nero audio decoder2 in graphstudio while i can do it in graphedit.
BTW, i can use your mm_aac decoder filter even with problematic aac files; thanks for that.
rica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2009, 11:29   #238  |  Link
turbojet

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadScorpion View Post
Hi. Sorry for the late reply.

@turbojet: yes, that might be possible. I'm planing a larger release soon focused mainly on user interface issues so any ideas that might come handy are welcome.
Thanks. I will keep my eyes open for other things.

Quote:
I'm also reading the Media Foundation documentation intensively and hope to find some time to write some GraphStudio-like tool for Media Foundation as well.
Sounds interesting and with Windows 7 coming soon it would be very welcome. Good luck on your ventures.
turbojet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2009, 12:40   #239  |  Link
RadScorpion

GraphStudio 0.3.2.0

Hello people,

a new build of GraphStudio is available with the following changes:

* Render URL can accept more characters than the width of the input box is
* File name truncations fixed in “Text Information” form
* “Copy” button copies the text report into the clipboard
* Small “Text Information” form redesign
* “Delete Selection” added to filter context menu
* GraphStudio makes sure it is located on a visible portion of the screen at start

Download:

* 32-bit graphstudio.exe (1148 KB)
* 64-bit graphstudio64.exe (1918 KB)

Enjoy,

Igor
Old 14th June 2009, 13:07   #240  |  Link
clsid

Some suggestions for the "Text Information":
1) Under the "Filters" heading, it shows the file name twice. Once as filter name (regardless of option "display as file name"), and once behind "File:". May I suggest it always displays the name of the source filter and the file name below?
2) Could you add the guid of each filter to the "Filters" list?
3) Same for the location of the file belonging to a filter. This info is useful when helping others with playback issues.
4) Under "Connections" it also shows the file name instead of the source filter. I suggest using the source filter name there too.

An example entry for filters section:
Code:
3. ffdshow video decoder
   {04FE9017-F873-410E-871E-AB91661A4EF7}
   c:\program files\ffdshow\ffdshow.ax