Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Closed Thread

Old 31st May 2006, 10:52   #1021  |  Link
M.H.A.Q.S.

[dimzon]
The reason is, I am only interested in the development of a GUI for the x264. I am trying to give an example to some students who are currently studying h.264 and some programming stuff about it. The full MeGUI program is way huge for them to cope with right now. I was looking at x264gui too, but its in VB.NET. I can go through the pain of giving them that example with VB.NET but why not use something that is already done.

[Sharktooth]
Should I PM doom9?
Old 31st May 2006, 10:58   #1022  |  Link
dimzon
BeHappy/MeGUI developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.H.A.Q.S.
[dimzon]
The reason is, I am only interested in the development of a GUI for the x264.
You can concentrate at x264 part only and do not touch anything other. MeGUI is good-enought structured...
Old 31st May 2006, 11:00   #1023  |  Link
M.H.A.Q.S.

yeah, I just came to think of that too. .
Old 31st May 2006, 11:07   #1024  |  Link
Sharktooth
Mr. Sandman

as dimzon said if you have some knowledge of CVS you can get the old sources from there.
otherwise you can ask in the megui dev thread.
Old 31st May 2006, 11:31   #1025  |  Link
M.H.A.Q.S.

I have already done the CVS thing. I will ask this in the dev thread though.
Old 31st May 2006, 12:14   #1026  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

megui x264 was never more than conditional compilation of the whole megui.. so it's not something you can take as a start point.. it is megui just with a lot of conditional flags. And since there's CVS, you can extract whichever revision fits your needs.. the changelog will tell you when conditional compilation was removed so you'll want the latest sources before that date.. but as I said.. it's really of no use because it is megui with in fact more code than is really necessary to cover all the features.
Old 31st May 2006, 12:21   #1027  |  Link
M.H.A.Q.S.

right, thanks for the information Doom9. I understand the fact now.
Old 1st June 2006, 03:06   #1028  |  Link
Dark Eiri

I'm new to MeGUI, and I love it, but all my videos are converted to 23.976 fps (this includes HD 60fps files) and it's VERY annoying since the video loses a lot of "flow" motion. Can someone tell me how to fix this issue?

I use x264 encoding, with Sharktooth HQ-Insane profile.
Old 1st June 2006, 04:39   #1029  |  Link
Adub
Fighting spam with a fish

if you are using DGindex, make sure that you are not using force film mode when decoding.
Old 1st June 2006, 21:10   #1030  |  Link
Dark Eiri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin7777
if you are using DGindex, make sure that you are not using force film mode when decoding.
I use the AviSynth Script Maker inside MeGUI, and it uses DGIndex automatically.
Old 1st June 2006, 21:21   #1031  |  Link
jellysandwich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Eiri
I use the AviSynth Script Maker inside MeGUI, and it uses DGIndex automatically.
You can turn off the "auto force film" setting.

js
Old 1st June 2006, 23:41   #1032  |  Link
Dark Eiri

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellysandwich
You can turn off the "auto force film" setting.

js
Thanks! It's working fine now ^^
Old 2nd June 2006, 01:13   #1033  |  Link
berrinam

Auto Force Film should only apply on film content anyway, which is supposed to be at 24 fps. If your source was indeed film, then you shouldn't have lost any motion fluidity, and if it wasn't, then there's a bug. Can you run your source 60fps through MeGUI's source detection in the AviSynth script creator and tell me what it says?
Old 11th June 2006, 12:44   #1034  |  Link
junglemike

Hello. I have some small problem w/ Megui, that i can't figure how to solve yet. The problem is that outupt x.264 mp4 files have wrong apsect ratio. I use HQ-Slow preset, and i pressed "config" and veryfied that in Aspect ratio there is 1:1. Despite that , when i try to encode anything - there is --sar 3:4 option in the log. I tried to reinstall anything - doesnt' help.
What do i do?
The most strangest thing is that on another computer i have exactly same build 0.2.3.2116 and it works fine,.
Old 11th June 2006, 13:41   #1035  |  Link
berrinam

Update to the latest version of MeGUI, which handles AR better. It's 0.2.3.2165 and you can get it from http://x264.nl
Old 11th June 2006, 15:10   #1036  |  Link
junglemike

Thanks berrinam, it solved the problem of aspect ratio. I downloaded latest version and then run update to everything it proposed.
HOWEVER, i compared command line params in Megui in this new build (0.2.3.2165) and older bulid that is on another computer (which was working fine)and comand options looks completely different, I don't understand what's going on. I also tried to compare HQ-Slow profiles, and in new Megui there are lessopions, for example, "Reference frames" completely gone. Why?
Old command line:
Code:
--pass 2 --bitrate 106 --stats "H:\sample2--default.stats" --ref 3 --bframes 3 --b-pyramid --weightb --filter -2,-1 --subme 6 --trellis 1 --analyse all  --8x8dct --direct auto --me umh --progress --no-psnr --output "H:\200_slow.mp4" "H:\sample2--default.avs"
New command line:
Code:
--pass 2 --bitrate 322 --stats "D:\Source\sample2--default.stats" --ref 5 --mixed-refs --bframes 16 --b-pyramid --b-rdo --bime --weightb --direct auto --subme 6 --trellis 1 --analyse all  --8x8dct --me umh --progress --no-psnr --output "D:\Source\sample2--default.mp4" "D:\Source\sample2--default.avs"
Can you please explain?
I've read in the DeadSheeps "x264 options explained" and he says that Reference Frames is important option, Why is it gone?
Old 11th June 2006, 16:17   #1037  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

Actually, looking at the latest profile, I think you switched the commandlines because your first commandline matches what I get from the latest profile. And that commandline is just what's in the profile. The filter settings are definitely there, and the profile contains no bidirectional me, no rdo for b-frames and no mixed references.

So clearly you're looking at two profiles with the same name but different settings.
Old 11th June 2006, 16:17   #1038  |  Link
nurbs

Code:
--pass 2 --bitrate 322 --stats "D:\Source\sample2--default.stats" --ref 5 --mixed-refs --bframes 16 --b-pyramid --b-rdo --bime --weightb --direct auto --subme 6 --trellis 1 --analyse all  --8x8dct --me umh --progress --no-psnr --output "D:\Source\sample2--default.mp4" "D:\Source\sample2--default.avs"
Reference frames are still there as you can see. You can change the number in the Advanced-tab -> Quant Options -> Number of Reference Frames
Old 11th June 2006, 16:51   #1039  |  Link
junglemike

You are right, It was my local problem. I cleared the queues, did encode with hq_slow profile on both machines again, and they are same.
Sorry and thanks for help. Megui is great program!
Old 12th June 2006, 12:01   #1040  |  Link
junglemike

OK guys, another questo, if I may.
First, i discovered that i can actually add jobs while Megui is working - this is wonderful feature, something i can't do in virtualdub. BUT, after a computer crash the queue is empty. Absolutely notheing survives, Is there any way i can make it save a queue somehow so it will survive pc crash (power failure)?
TIA.
Closed Thread