Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Old 7th January 2010, 14:26   #161  |  Link
2Bdecided

An ideal bobber has got to do something with noise though.

If it works really well on the picture content (i.e. restoring all the "missing" spatial and temporal information), but leaves the noise as it is, then the noise will have half the spatial or temporal resolution of the image!

So you've either got to add noise to make it match, or remove noise to make it go away.

IMO. YMMV! ...but don't argue until you've thought it through - this is a deceptively complex point. It's one of the reasons why dumb bob looks so soft - the perceived resolution of any noise is decreased dramatically (as well as the wanted image, of course!).

Cheers,
David.
2Bdecided is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2010, 20:00   #162  |  Link
SubOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetoof View Post
sure TGMC denoises a bit, but it is not a denoiser; it's a high quality bobber - probably the most stable around, the price being losing some noise/grain.

Why do you need 120fps?? 60 is already quite fluid.

Read these 2 posts about bobbing vs framerate conversion http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...68#post1358568

It's in the same thread as tgmc btw.
I was actually going for a super slow motion. But of course, interpolation has nothing to do with bobbing, but I was wondering if it was a part of these mods.

Anyway, I tried a vast variety of bobbers, and I am impressed with TGMC beta 1 mod 2. Though it is still very slow as I am working with full HD 1080p lossless content. I have put Edimode=NNEDI2, Smode=0 and Sharpness=0, which speeds up considerably, but still, 5 hours for a 3.5 minute clip is painfully slow. Any suggestions? Or is this the best I can do? As I said, I don't want to compromise on quality too much.

On a side note, if I were to interpolate this 60p footage to 120p, would you suggest Mflowfps?
SubOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2010, 21:11   #163  |  Link
Didée

Don't ask me for handling of full-HD content - my rig does a panic shutdown when faced with such.

Perhaps one thing - with 1080i footage, you might want to try blocksize=32, maybe with overlap=8. This might suffice, and should be a bit faster. Also, as mentioned several times, use small temporal radii, like TGMC(1,1,1,...) or even (1,1,0,...)

In respect to doing Interlaced -> TGMC -> SloMo(MFlowFPS), some days ago I used the following small mod within TGMC as a quick shortcut:
Code:
[...]

# apply sharpness limiting (SLmode 3|4), or has "draft" been requested?
stage3  = (draft==2)   ?  t  .subtitle("Draft 2")
 \      : (draft==1)   ?  t1 .subtitle("Draft 1")
 \      : (SLmode==3)  ?  ( (SLrad<2) ? stage2.repair(edi,1) : stage2.repair(stage2.repair(edi,12),1) )
 \      : (SLmode==4)  ?  stage2.mt_clamp(pmax,pmin,Sovs,Sovs,U=3,V=3)
 \                     :  stage2

# factor = 4   #  =>  1/4 speed
#---------------------------------
# sup33=stage3.MSuper(pel=_pel,sharp=_shrp)
# stage3 = stage3.MFlowFPS(sup33,bvec1,fvec1,num=factor*FramerateNumerator(edi),den=FramerateDenominator(edi)).assumefps(Framerate(edi))

# if "border" was active, crop it back again
(border) ? stage3.crop(0,4,-0,-4)
 \       : stage3

[...]

My little flickr gallery. (Yes indeed, I do have hobbies other than digital video!)

Last edited by Didée; 7th January 2010 at 21:55. Reason: when introducing a parameter, remember to USE it ... and factor mustbe integer ...
Didée is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2010, 21:18   #164  |  Link
Didée

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Bdecided View Post
{explaining the noise/bob dilemma}
I thought it through, but won't argue ... since I'm completely with you here. That post made my day. Thank you!

My little flickr gallery. (Yes indeed, I do have hobbies other than digital video!)

Last edited by Didée; 7th January 2010 at 21:20.
Old 8th January 2010, 10:32   #165  |  Link
SubOne

Thanks a lot Didee. blocksize=32 works like a charm, though small radii leaves weird artifacts of sorts. Perhaps because there's quite a bit of motion in some places. Speed is fine. Painfully slow, but the timing is perfect with my sleep pattern.
SubOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2010, 14:39   #166  |  Link
wqcr

MCbob pack

Hi,
I have packed all the needed stuff to work with MCBob to single ZIP file. Useful for total newbies, just unpack everything to your Avisynth plugin directory and call MCBob from your script. I also added NNEDI version - function MCBobNNEDI(). (Maybe someone did this already, in this case, just ignore or delete my post)

Link

PS: Thank you very much for this deinterlacer!

Last edited by wqcr; 8th April 2010 at 17:51. Reason: nnedi update
wqcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2010, 19:38   #167  |  Link
Terka

Hi,
correct me if im wrong when reading the mcbob script

Quote:
alt_1 = MFlowInter(bobbed_Clip,bw_vec2,fw_vec2,time=50.0,thSCD1=64*18,thSCD2=227)
looks like wrong. probably should be

Quote:
alt_1 = bobbed.MFlowInter(srch_super ,bw_vec2,fw_vec2,time=50.0,thSCD1=64*18,thSCD2=227)
am i correct and is this a bug, or i am mistaken?
Terka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2010, 00:37   #168  |  Link
Terranigma
*Space Reserved*

MCBobUv4

Well today, I decided to update my unofficial mcbob script again to include more interpolator types other than nnedi2, so now it includes all 3 versions of the nnedi interpolator (nnedi, nnedi2, nnedi3) + EEDI2, which is controlled by "EDIType".

Usage: "MCBobU"
EEDI2 = EDIType 1
NNEDI = EDIType 2
NNEDI2 = EDIType 3
NNEDI3 = EDIType 4

Also added the "maxd" parameter for EEDI2, and nsize/qual for NNEDI2/3

Download

nnedi3 can be downloaded here
Attached Files
File Type: 7z MCBobUv4.7z (31.9 KB, 387 views)

Last edited by Terranigma; 28th April 2010 at 00:41.
Terranigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2010, 07:00   #169  |  Link
Terranigma
*Space Reserved*

MCBobUv5

Well here we go again. This will be my last update for this script in a while (until there's some drastic changes such as a MVTools3?). This time, I changed the way selecting interpolators work. It's now handled by a string; the same way as it functions in TempGaussMC, e.g. EdiMode="nnedi2" instead of EDIType=3. Also cleaned up the script a bit. Read the script in a text editor to see what's been altered.

The main purpose for updating this script is to support tritical's new nnedi3 (beta) interpolator, and any additional parameters that may arise, and last night, tritical updated his nnedi3 filter with a new adjustable parameter.. nns (which i've added to the script). You can check out tritical's post about the change here, and can alternatively download the mcbob script with the latest change here.
Attached Files
File Type: 7z MCBobUv5.7z (31.9 KB, 1154 views)

Last edited by Terranigma; 3rd May 2010 at 15:21.
Old 23rd August 2010, 19:33   #170  |  Link
ajp_anton

Why does the script still use the function VinverseD when vinverse.dll is included in the package?
I got ~10% speed increase just by removing those "D"'s from the script, and I can't see any difference in the output.
ajp_anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2010, 20:48   #171  |  Link
Didée

Because I don't care anymore about this dinosaur. MCBob contains some nice technical tidbits, but the concept as a whole is flawed.

Old 23rd August 2010, 21:41   #172  |  Link
ajp_anton

I was talking about the scripts posted by Terranigma. And MCBob still gives me the best results on some videos.
ajp_anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2010, 00:24   #173  |  Link
Terranigma
*Space Reserved*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajp_anton View Post
I was talking about the scripts posted by Terranigma. And MCBob still gives me the best results on some videos.
There's subtleties--although minute at best--that made me keep the slower Vinverse in use for MCBob. Mainly it has to do with borders specifically. I don't know what specific changes tritical (porter of Vinverse.dll) employed to get an extra boost out of Vinverse (other than porting it to an avisynth filter dll), but sometimes, depending on the source, the top border gets blurred a bit.

Here's an example:

Vinverse by Didée:
http://a.imageshack.us/img839/8807/vinversedide.png

Vinverse by tritical:
http://a.imageshack.us/img214/5654/vinversetritical.png

Also, by default (iirc), the original version of Vinverse is a tad bit stronger than Vinverse.dll
Old 4th February 2012, 18:18   #174  |  Link
Livesms

Any updates for McBob since Terranigma posted MCBobUv5.7zip ?
Livesms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2020, 05:13   #175  |  Link
real.finder

update u7 https://raw.githubusercontent.com/re...0up/MCBob.avsi

HBD and new things