Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > NLE - Non Linear Editing

Old 23rd June 2006, 11:51   #41  |  Link
Konstantin

Hi neuron2,

We found some strange thing that can't handle our demultiplexer. In fact in the semantic of PES (IS138181-Systems, page 33) should be presented protection bits '0011'- 4 bslbf and '0001' 4 bslbf. In the problem streams these bits were changed to '0010' 4 bslbf for both strings. This means (from specification point of view) that current PES is corrupted. In other words whole PES that contains time stamps are marked like invalid.
But note that these PES contains sequence header and picture header as usual. Therefore the demultiplexer can't find any valid PES in order to provide output pin for video.

So, the MProbe also reports about errors in this stream.

It would be very interesting to know what software provides such kind of stream. We certainly can modify our demultiplexer for solving this problem but what for? Perhaps it is better to keep to MPEG standard then mimeograph some "custom" solutions.

Best Regards
Konstantin.
Konstantin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2006, 13:30   #42  |  Link

Thank you, Konstantin.

Yes, the PTS_DTS_flags field should be repeated in the 4 bit field that you mentioned. I concur that for this stream the PTS_DTS_flags are 0x3 while the 4 bit "protection" field has 0x2. So formally, yes, it is incorrect. But the actual PTS value is valid. And I would argue that since you are demuxing the elementary stream anyway, the PTS's will be discarded, so why quibble about it when there is a perfectly good video stream there? This was captured off a live broadcast as transport, so there's no software that I can blame.

If you don't want to just ignore that field as DGIndex does, then I can live with it, as I have seen only a few streams that do this, and DGIndex can demux them. But again, I think you should just ignore it.

Now, since you are engaging me to address issues, I have a transport stream with 10 programs and for which XMuxer Pro detects only 1. I will mail it to you and would appreciate your looking at it.

Last edited by Guest; 23rd June 2006 at 13:53.
Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2006, 13:50   #43  |  Link
Konstantin

neuron2
You understand what it is impossible to check up work of software completely as a variety of streams is great and sometimes there are problems. But when we have a specific problem stream we solve this problem ASAP.

Well, I shall wait from you a file with 10 programs in TS. Once more thanks for the help.

Best Regards
Konstantin.
Old 23rd June 2006, 19:15   #44  |  Link
ron spencer
DVD Magistrate

@neuron2

may I ask what projects you do? you have written some cool software so I was just wondering. hope it was ok to ask
ron spencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2006, 19:43   #45  |  Link

My company (STMicroelectronics) develops silicon for MPEG/AVC/VC1 capable set-top boxes. We need to generate various transport streams for testing our technology and for creating marketing demos, etc.

@Konstantin

The 10-program stream was sent. Thank you for your attention.
Old 24th June 2006, 07:15   #46  |  Link
Konstantin

Thanks for the sent file I have received it. Look your e-mail, I have sent you the letter.

Best Regards
Konstantin.
Old 24th June 2006, 13:49   #47  |  Link

As I am again away from my work email, can you summarize the contents of the letter? Was it just "We will look at it and let you know?"

Thank you.
Old 29th June 2006, 15:24   #48  |  Link

Hi Konstantin,

Is there any status update on the 10-program stream I sent you, for which XMuxer Pro detects only one program?

Thank you.
Old 30th June 2006, 05:52   #49  |  Link
Konstantin

Hi neuron2,
We have defined a problem and have solved it. Please, try with the new version of a Elecard MPEG Demultiplexer (I have sent it on your e-mail).

Thanks for the help in detection of mistakes at work of our software product.

Best Regards
Konstantin.
Old 30th June 2006, 11:38   #50  |  Link

Thank you, that's good news. I will test it as soon as I arrive at work today.

Assuming that the demuxing is now all OK, I will begin testing the muxing functionality and give you my feedback.

Your responsiveness to my issues is greatly appreciated.
Old 30th June 2006, 20:57   #51  |  Link
eb

It is pity that most interesting samples, test projects are going just outside the forum.

eb
eb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2006, 21:10   #52  |  Link

@Konstantin

I confirm that the latest empgdmx.ax that you sent resolves my stream detection issue. Thank you.

My next issue is that the Settings do not seem to work. I can find no documentation for them either. For example, setting the option for hex display and then returning to the Demux screen still shows decimal values. Am I doing something wrong?

Muxing tests begin now.
Old 3rd July 2006, 13:00   #53  |  Link
Konstantin

Hi neuron2,

I am glad, that could help you.
Really there is no description of section Settings in the documentation, it will appear in version 2.1 which now is in development.
Whether you could describe in more details problems with Settings (Scale of Notation) because this option works correctly.

Best Regards,
Konstantin.
Old 3rd July 2006, 13:02   #54  |  Link

I told you my exact problem above: "setting the option for hex display and then returning to the Demux screen still shows decimal values. Am I doing something wrong?"

After I load a file on the Demux screen, the stream IDs and PIDs are shown in decimal. I then set hex notation and return to the Demux screen. They are still shown in decimal. Also, the settings are not saved.

Last edited by Guest; 3rd July 2006 at 13:07.
Old 4th July 2006, 06:02   #55  |  Link
Konstantin

Hi neuron2,

Excuse me, really there are problems in Demux mode with "Scale of Notation" settings.
These problems are already solved, as I wrote earlier, the new version now prepares.
I shall inform on its release.

Best Regards,
Konstantin.

Last edited by Konstantin; 4th July 2006 at 11:51.
Old 4th July 2006, 14:48   #56  |  Link

For me, the notation problem affects all the screens, not just Demux. It flat out does not work!

I'm curious to know why, given that your testing process is deficient in that it misses obvious bugs, you don't have a beta program with knowledgable users, such as you can find here. You jeopardise your product's reputation by making strings of releases to fix problems that you should easily find with a formal testing process.

Last edited by Guest; 4th July 2006 at 14:51.
Old 5th July 2006, 20:13   #57  |  Link
fooled

Hi Konstantin. I have one question. Is xmuxer pro able to handle h.264 transport streams from german astra hdtv channels?

Thanks - fooled
fooled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2006, 07:06   #58  |  Link
Konstantin

Elecard XMuxer Pro v.2.1, Lite v.1.0, AVC PlugIn v.2.0

Hi all,
I am glad to inform you that the new version of Elecard XMuxer Pro v.2.1 along with XMuxer Lite v 1.0 and AVC PlugIn for XMuxer v2.0 are available.

New features in XMuxer Pro v.2.1:
- Possibility to merge several homogeneous files (File List support)
- Ability to open the index files created previously.
- Ability to change Stream SubId for elementary stream.
- Ability to set input and output trim position by keyboard.
- Show current playback graph by Ctrl+F hot key combination.

Elecard XMuxer Lite has limited functionality as compared to XMuxer Pro and does not support:
- Frame-accurate MPEG-2 trimming
- Ability to use MP4 file as a target file
- Possibility to merge several homogeneous files (File List support)
- Solveig AVI Trimmer PlugIn

AVC plugin v 2.0 for XMuxer is compatible both with XMuxer Pro v 2.1 and XMuxer Lite v 1.0.
Read more about new features and bug fixes here: http://www.elecard.com/products/prod...er/xmuxer-pro/

Best Regards,
Konstantin

Last edited by Konstantin; 17th October 2006 at 07:08.
Old 27th December 2006, 12:02   #59  |  Link
Konstantin

News

Hi all,
I am glad to inform you that Elecard releases new version of Elecard XMuxer Pro 2.2 and Elecard XMuxer Lite 1.1.

Read more about new features and bug fixes here:
http://www.elecard.com/products/prod...er/xmuxer-pro/

Best Regards,
Konstantin
Old 27th December 2006, 15:01   #60  |  Link

Specifically, what are the new features? I can't tell from the link you gave. Thank you.