Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD burning

Old 11th April 2002, 11:16   #1  |  Link
benf2

GOOD DEAL: DVD-R, DVD-RW, & DVD+RW media

I know this forum isnt for this, but thought i would share the good deal i found on blank dvd media since thats what we write it to!!!

I found blank dvd-r for $1.98, dvd-rw for $3.98, and dvd+rw for $4.99 online at a place in California. They ship within 24hours.

www.meritline.com
phone number is Toll free number :1-888-668-6660

Last edited by benf2; 11th April 2002 at 15:38.
benf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2002, 18:30   #2  |  Link
Markab

I wouldn't recommend this site if you live outside the USA. I live in Toronto and placed an order for some of their DVD-R's. AFTER I placed the order they sent me an email stating that my order would not be processed unless I sent them either a copy of my passport (no I'm not joking!) or a copy of my drivers license! I tried phoning them to voice authorize my order but they refused to send it unless I sent them the information they requested. They claimed it is required information for all international orders. I then cancelled my order and went elsewhere. I know they are trying to protect themselves against credit card theft but they have no right to this information.

Last edited by Markab; 11th April 2002 at 18:32.
Markab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2002, 18:59   #3  |  Link
benf2

Interesting
Old 12th April 2002, 01:07   #4  |  Link
SiC

Actually alot of online stores require some sort of ID for international orders. I live in Japan myself and just about every online store in the US asks me for ID after I place my order. I'm kinda used to it now so I don't really mind.
SiC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2002, 04:18   #5  |  Link
Antonio S.

There is also a site call"ESbuy.com" that ask me for a copy of my driver's license, a photocopy of both sides of my credit card, and a copy of my credit card billing statement. This is the first time in my life that a company ask me for all that information. When I call to the customer service of my credit card, they don't believe that they ask for all that amount of information. In addition to that, they sell me some silver DVD-R's that are not compatible with any DVD player that I tried. I also order some "Gold" DVD-R's, that came scratched (badly packed), and I order 20 but only 18 arrived ( and they charged for 20 pieces). The price at that moment was $4.00 each for a total amount of $80.00, but the invoice at the outside of the package was $120.00 so I have to pay tax for an incorrect amount price. What more can I tell you!!! This is the worst experience that I had with a internet or mail order. I will never, never, never, place and order with them again!!!

Antonio S.
http://www.antonio.owns.it
Antonio S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2002, 04:23   #6  |  Link
benf2

Don't Blame you

Have you tried the company i mentioned? They didnt ask me for any of that stuff. I guess its because i live in the states.
Old 12th April 2002, 05:41   #7  |  Link
diogo6

I've been using media from www.cd-recordable.com. It's the cheapest out there, and it works fine with everything I've tried it on.
diogo6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2002, 11:06   #8  |  Link
benf2

http://www.cd-recordable.com./ doesnt seem to carry rw format for either -rw and +rw! Seems weired not to carry it. Missing a lot of the market.
Old 12th April 2002, 13:04   #9  |  Link
Antonio S.

Yes, I had try also meritline.com . It has a good service, but the media is not good... It works well if you only record no more than 3 Gb... The best DVD-R's are from Apple. You can record them at 2x speed, they cost about $5.00 each, and you can find them at jandr.com. Also I try some cheap media from "Judysdeals DVD-R superstore" and they work very well (except you can only record them at 1x speed) and they cost about $2.30 each including shipping at any state or territory...

Antonio S.
http://www.antonio.owns.it
Antonio S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th April 2002, 13:40   #10  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

how about creating a sticky thread where people can post their experiences with DVD blanks and standalones? it's a much asked issue and since I should be getting a DVD burner soon (if a particular guy lives up to his promise) I'm personally interested in that matter.
Old 12th April 2002, 14:05   #11  |  Link
benf2

making it a sticky post

Doom9,
How do i make this a sticky or create a sticky thread.
I didnt realize this would be such a hot topic. Lot of hits in a days time.

Benf
Old 12th April 2002, 15:11   #12  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

only moderators and admins can make a sticky.. but I'll cook something up.

@edit: here we go: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22974

happy posting
Old 12th April 2002, 15:26   #13  |  Link
benf2

LOOKS GOOD
Old 13th April 2002, 15:32   #14  |  Link
jdobbs

I've had good luck with cd-recordable.com -- no problems with the discs. Tried meritline -- got the gold-top and purple bottom disk -- nothing but problems for video, when I bought them they were $5.95 each, I have 5 of them left that I've thrown into a drawer... sigh. Maybe I can use them for a data backup some day.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2002, 09:03   #15  |  Link
Ivy

I think the authorization form is not a bad thing. These guys are very carefully with customers. by far, my experiences with www.meritline.com is very good.
Ivy is offline   Reply With Quote