Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 16th March 2024, 23:32   #2201  |  Link
clsid

Quote:
Originally Posted by clsid View Post
I will not implement any new functionality. So please do NOT post any feature requests in this topic or on Github.
!!!!!
Old 19th March 2024, 18:58   #2202  |  Link
Mick_Mc

Quote:
Originally Posted by clsid View Post
!!!!!
Quote:
Changes from 2.1.6 to 2.1.7:

Changes/additions/improvements:
[...]
This adds a new option [...]
--MPC-HC Github

I can read. I'm a software engineer and I don't appreciate your snide remarks or exclamation marks.

I saw the post you quoted above. It's from 2018. What I quoted from Github is from last week, and it certainly looks to me like development is ongoing. Forgive the "mistake" given the evidence presented.
Mick_Mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2024, 18:59   #2203  |  Link
Cutterkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick_Mc View Post
Thanks for the response. I think I need to explain this differently because I don't want MPC keeping a history.

Why can't we have "Remember position of previously viewed files" without having to keep a public history of every file we view in MPC? I know you have to store the file path with the position so MPC will know which positions go with which files. But that's got nothing to do whether we want a history list to be displayed when File > Recent is selected.

Because I'm only concerned with accidentally hitting Page Up or Page Down, I also don't want MPC to remember filenames or positions on exit. Once I exit MPC, I want it to forget that it ever viewed any files. The history list is completely separate from what I've asked for and why I asked for it.
There are several ways for you to workaround this.

First, if you find yourself accidentally hitting a key that does something annoying like Page Up/Down is for you, you can disable that key from doing anything in MPC-HC options -> Player -> Keys. You could also just change it so that a "normal" keypress does nothing but a CTRL+Keypress does work. Either would fix your problem of pressing the key inadvertantely.

Second option: in MPC-HC options -> Player check "Store settings in .ini file" so MPC-HC will keep all of its settings (and history) in an mpc-hc64.ini in its program folder. Then enable all history settings and keep a copy of your mpc-hc64.ini file somewhere with all history removed. Now, every time you are done "editing" in MPC-HC just overwrite the mpc-hc64.ini file with your saved backup copy, and "poof" all history is gone. You could make this process "1-button" easy with a simple batch file. If it sounds like it would work for you I would help you create it (if you are not computer & batch file savvy).
Cutterkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2024, 19:35   #2204  |  Link
v0lt

Quote:
I saw the post you quoted above. It's from 2018. What I quoted from Github is from last week, and it certainly looks to me like development is ongoing. Forgive the "mistake" given the evidence presented.
What a developer does for his own reasons is not the same as considering other people's requests.
v0lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2024, 20:13   #2205  |  Link
clsid

Quote:
The opening post of this topic still applies right now and forever in future. Github also has a pinned topic saying the same thing. So don't act smart, because you are not.

Any new functionality added in new releases is chosen by the developers itself.

I DO NOT WANT FEATURE REQUESTS !!!
Old 22nd March 2024, 21:29   #2206  |  Link
varekai

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick_mc View Post
--mpc-hc github
i can read. I don't appreciate your snide remarks or exclamation marks.
+10000
varekai is offline   Reply With Quote