Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 21st November 2010, 03:19   #21  |  Link
leperlord

Cant find the new tool

Hi

I read below you have upgraded the program to a

version 2 , but I cant see a link for it here

Where can I download the newest version ?

Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiDragon View Post
Hi folks, the tool has been updated to v0.2 in order to support PowerDVD Ultra 10.

I also made a small change to ensure that the same "INACTIVE" message is reported under Windows 7 as it is with Windows Vista for PowerDVD below 7.3.3516.

Tested using English Windows 7 (64-bit) and English Windows XP (32-bit). I was only able to test with TMT under Windows XP so if someone using BRTT v0.1 with TMT+Vista or TMT+Win7 could make sure I didn't break anything with v0.2 I'd appreciate it.

Thank you all for your comments.

I have made some changes to attempt support of non-English Windows. I believe it should now work with any language so long as the text used by PowerDVD and TMT themselves remains in English. Are they usually translated as well? I hope not...

So please test and report back.

Regarding post #3, I don't think support of Nero Showtime is possible, as I don't know any way to deal with Alternate Data Streams by scripting. Support of WinDVD is definitely impossible since that requires unprotecting things and rebooting. As far as your point #2, what you suggest (keeping different programs set to different regions) can be done without even using any separate tool so there isn't really a reason to work on adding it. It would just make things more complex since then the icon in the taskbar wouldn't have full relevance to the set region.

@hewwra, if you want I can try to support both versions using the regular tool but I would need you to test since I don't have Media Center.
leperlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2010, 20:03   #22  |  Link
livache

That's a very old post and it doesn't say v2 but v0.2.

Anyway, ChiDragon, is it possible for TMT5 support to be added please? :-D
livache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2010, 00:28   #23  |  Link
MirceaForce

Need new BD Region Tray tool

The new version of Arcsoft Total media theater 5 is out...and we need a new version of Bluray Region Tray Tool

http://www.softexia.com/multimedia/p...a-theatre.html

Can you help us???

Thank you

Last edited by MirceaForce; 4th December 2010 at 08:01.
MirceaForce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th December 2010, 05:23   #24  |  Link
ChiDragon

Sorry for the delayed response. You can try a test version <removed>. I don't have TMT5 so I can't try it, but this should work if they didn't change the way the region is stored. Let me know...

Last edited by ChiDragon; 18th December 2010 at 21:52. Reason: Removed link
ChiDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2010, 21:54   #25  |  Link
ChiDragon

v1.2 is up with support for TMT 5; thanks to JaLe on AVS Forum for testing. If you downloaded the test version please get the final v1.2 as there are a few little changes.
Old 20th December 2010, 02:19   #26  |  Link
ChiDragon

v1.3 is up and should support the MCE version of TMT. You can check if the MCE version is detected using the tool's About window. One nice thing about using the Media Center version is that it doesn't need to be restarted to accept the region change.

Is anyone using XP MCE? I need to know the folder name where PlayDVD.ini is stored for that version.

The region and number of changes remaining is stored independently from the regular version, but for consistency the tool will force them to use the same region whenever it's running. You will likely get a popup notifying you of this when you first open it.
Old 23rd December 2010, 03:46   #27  |  Link
ChiDragon

v1.3 didn't work with TMT5 MCE. I've just uploaded v1.4 which should resolve this.
Old 24th December 2010, 17:34   #28  |  Link
A Pal

Out of curiosity: How and where does TMT 5 BD-Region and BD-Region-counter information store?
A Pal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2010, 00:10   #29  |  Link
setarip_old

@ChiDragon

Hi!

If you are (As I and others are) scrupulous in making certain that your standalone Blu-ray player and/or PS3 is NOT connected to the Internet and will not be subjected to any firmware updates (Some of which may prove to be undesirable and irreversible), then you are already aware of the following:

If you use some programs to do a FULL DISC backup of a recent Blu-ray disc that contains "BD+" , upon playback, you'll be confronted with a red and yellow notification stating that you MUST update your firmware in order to proceed - and if you don't do that, you're at a dead end.

Does your program circumvent this? (I've been told that this message is controlled simply by two flags [bytes] in one of the files in the "BDJO" directory.)
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2010, 21:34   #30  |  Link
ChiDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Pal View Post
Out of curiosity: How and where does TMT 5 BD-Region and BD-Region-counter information store?
Same way as the previous versions, just with the path numbers incremented.

The MCEs are more annoying as they changed the paths a bit more.

TMT3:
"%AppData%\ArcSoft\ArcSoft TotalMedia Theatre 3(Vista Media Center)\PlayDVD.ini"
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 3\DefaultLang1

TMT5:
"%AppData%\ArcSoft\ArcSoft TotalMedia Theatre 5(Media Center)\MCEPlayDVD.ini"
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ArcSoft\TotalMedia Theatre 5(MCE)\DefaultLang

Quote:
Originally Posted by setarip_old View Post
If you use some programs to do a FULL DISC backup of a recent Blu-ray disc that contains "BD+" , upon playback, you'll be confronted with a red and yellow notification stating that you MUST update your firmware in order to proceed - and if you don't do that, you're at a dead end.

Does your program circumvent this? (I've been told that this message is controlled simply by two flags [bytes] in one of the files in the "BDJO" directory.)
Sorry, I haven't heard of this, and my program doesn't modify discs; it modifies the PC software players' settings. This seems like something the disc rippers should remove.
Old 28th December 2010, 01:18   #31  |  Link
A Pal

Thank you for the answer .
By the way, I heard of the existence of another BD player software named "Roxio CinePlayer BD." Does anyone know how it stores its BD Region information and how to reset its BD Region counter?

Last edited by A Pal; 28th December 2010 at 01:23.
Old 28th December 2010, 04:27   #32  |  Link
setarip_old

@ChiDragon

Thank you...
setarip_old is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2011, 18:42   #33  |  Link
A Pal

Hi,

On the DVDFab Forum, I found instructions to reset CinePlayer BD's Blu-ray Region:

When opening BD settings the program will create a file with drive letter of drive in c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\sonic.
Just delete that file and voilą, it is "Not Set".

Not Set:
Only 0

Region A:
First byte 01

Region B:
First byte 02

Region C:
First byte 04
Old 17th January 2011, 14:15   #34  |  Link
crl2007

Hi,

When you have TMT 3 and 5 installed, the software only recognizes TMT 5 and for TMT 3 does not work.
crl2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2011, 04:54   #35  |  Link
ChiDragon

Yes. There is a reason the About window says "versions" for PowerDVD and only "version" for TMT. Supporting 'n' versions would be more complex and there was no reason to do so previously. Why are you wanting to run both?
Old 7th February 2011, 15:58   #36  |  Link
chinafree

I can't download the newest version. I got a message:Forbidden
You do not have permission to access this document. why?

This is download link http://chidragon.thedessie.com/bdreg...RegionTray.exe
chinafree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2011, 23:11   #37  |  Link
ekonhest

Download link still doesnt work
ekonhest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st March 2011, 14:31   #38  |  Link
HogMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiDragon View Post
Yes. There is a reason the About window says "versions" for PowerDVD and only "version" for TMT. Supporting 'n' versions would be more complex and there was no reason to do so previously. Why are you wanting to run both?
(a) TMT3 still plays HD DVDs; TMT5 doesn't.
(b) ReClock works just fine with TMT3, and in fact is necessary to avoid audio glitches in some cases; but it causes playback issues with TMT5.
(c) And what if you want to set TMT3 & TMT5 to different regions, like in the OP where you set PDVD & TMT to different regions in a command-line example?
HogMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st April 2011, 05:48   #39  |  Link
spanznet

SOLVED: Missing BRF.DAT

In an Active Directory environment where users do not have local admin rights, I came across the error for cannot find C:/ProgramData/Cyberlink/BDNAV/BRF.DAT and in my case was able to fix this by changing permissions on the BDNAV folder so 'Everyone' has 'Full Control'.

This only happened on Win7 machines, XP machines were already working ok.
spanznet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2011, 00:21   #40  |  Link
ChiDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HogMan View Post
(a) TMT3 still plays HD DVDs; TMT5 doesn't.
(b) ReClock works just fine with TMT3, and in fact is necessary to avoid audio glitches in some cases; but it causes playback issues with TMT5.
(c) And what if you want to set TMT3 & TMT5 to different regions, like in the OP where you set PDVD & TMT to different regions in a command-line example?
Not to be argumentative, but the first two points just sound like reasons not to use TMT5 in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanznet View Post
In an Active Directory environment where users do not have local admin rights, I came across the error for cannot find C:/ProgramData/Cyberlink/BDNAV/BRF.DAT and in my case was able to fix this by changing permissions on the BDNAV folder so 'Everyone' has 'Full Control'.
Interesting. I'm not sure if I can do anything about that in the program as it just uses a function called FileExists. I could understand if it was giving an error trying to delete/create the file but don't know why just checking for its existence would fail.