Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage

Old 17th December 2017, 04:25   #21  |  Link
real.finder

it's very slow with artifacts

I did some edits for daa3mod

try with daa3mod(slow=1)
Old 4th January 2018, 04:13   #22  |  Link
abolibibelot

@hello_hello :
Quote:
The live action just looks telecined to me. The CGI is borked. If you're not going to go through and filter it separately, just leave it as it is. It's not worth ruining everything else just to fix it. You can do 2-pass to make a VFR file so you don't decimate those.
Quote:
The x264 encoder can encode in VFR mode by specifying something like --tcfile-in "D:\timecodesfile.txt" in the command line.
I use MeGUI for VFR encoding now and then. The timecodes file doesn't need to exist when you add it to the command line and add the encoding job to the queue. It'll be created as soon as the second pass script is run. You just need to plan ahead in respect to naming the timecodes files if you're creating multiple encoding jobs. If the encoder is writing directly to MKV there's no need to worry about muxing with the timecodes file.
Batch=true is an option to be aware of when running both passes in some sort of automated job queue.
Quick question : is it a standard compliant setting, to have different parts of a MKV file encoded with different framerates, or is there a risk that hardware players will refuse to read such a file ?
abolibibelot is offline   Reply With Quote