Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 29th August 2014, 21:48   #1  |  Link
franketto

advice on this old analog interlaced source

I found an old analogic interlaced video recorded with two different cameras (both connected through composite to a video mixer); I digitized it, now I want to deinterlace it.

I found, sometimes, only with one camera, some fixed vertical lines in the entire pic:

I deinterlaced it with QTGMC and removed noise with MVdegrain. (Leaved at 50p at the moment and enhanced levels to better see the problem)

zoomed:

5s video, 3Mb
https://www.sendspace.com/file/g00zfr

What to do?
franketto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2014, 22:00   #2  |  Link
poisondeathray

Try *.mp4 guy's "destripe" function . You have to tweak the values , and sometimes stacking instances with different values works better

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...76#post1408276
poisondeathray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2014, 22:32   #3  |  Link
franketto

Thank you a lot poisondeathray!
Great func by *.mp4 guy's, works well!

As the problem is only in some scenes of one camera, should I isolate them and use trim to apply the func (a lot of work), or can I apply it to all video without losing details?
Doesn't this func affect scenes where there is no vertical lines? It seems not to ruin other scenes, but you know...

Last edited by franketto; 30th August 2014 at 22:44.
Old 30th August 2014, 22:42   #4  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

Perhaps of interest, generally easier than Trim/Splice: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=162266

Or Perhaps ReplaceFrameSimple() is preferred, although ClipClop() copes with multiple replacement clips (255) whereas
ReplaceFrameSimple only copes with a single replacement clip (incase you choose different values for different ranges, as PDR suggests above.

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???
StainlessS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2014, 13:25   #5  |  Link
franketto

Very interesting your ClipClop, StainlessS, I think I'll use it.
Old 31st August 2014, 22:48   #6  |  Link
franketto

I want to use MDegrain as QTGMC denoise isn't enough, so I use something like this script:

Quote:
Avisource("myfile.avi").assumeTFF()

bks = 8
ov = 4

QTGMC( Preset="Fast", EdiMode= "EEDI3+NNEDI3", ForceTR=3, SubPel=2, TrueMotion = true ,overlap=ov, blocksize=bks, SrchClipPP=3 ) #, sharpness=0.3

#SelectEven()

super = MSuper( pel=2, levels=1, hpad=32, vpad=32 )

MDegrain3( super, QTGMC_bVec1,QTGMC_fVec1, QTGMC_bVec2,QTGMC_fVec2, QTGMC_bVec3,QTGMC_fVec3, thSAD=800 ) #, lsb = true )
1) Leaving the framerate at 50, all is good. But if I put the SelectEven() part to get 25 frames, I get all distorted frames after Mdegrain3, so how can I use QTGMC+MDegrain3 having the same output rate as source?

I could do like this:
Quote:
QTGMC( Preset="Fast", EdiMode= "EEDI3+NNEDI3")
SelectEven()

prefiltered = FFT3DFilter(sigma=10,bw=32, bh=32, ow=16, oh=16)
superfilt = MSuper(prefiltered, hpad=32, vpad=32,pel=2)
super = MSuper( hpad=32, vpad=32,pel=2)
bks = 8
ov = 4
bvec3 = MAnalyse(superfilt, isb=true, blksize=bks, delta=3, truemotion=true, overlap=ov)
bvec2 = MAnalyse(superfilt, isb=true, blksize=bks, delta=2, truemotion=true, overlap=ov)
bvec = MAnalyse(superfilt, isb=true, blksize=bks, delta=1, truemotion=true, overlap=ov)
fvec = MAnalyse(superfilt, isb=false, blksize=bks, delta=1, truemotion=true, overlap=ov)
fvec2 = MAnalyse(superfilt, isb=false, blksize=bks, delta=2, truemotion=true, overlap=ov)
fvec3 = MAnalyse(superfilt, isb=false, blksize=bks, delta=3, truemotion=true, overlap=ov)
MDegrain3(super,bvec,fvec,bvec2,fvec2,bvec3,fvec3,thSAD=800) #, lsb = true )
but it's not optimized, as I must calculate vectors two times.

2) As I want to denoise after QTGMC, should I put also sharpness=0.3 inside QTGMC and make the sharpening after MDegrain3?
To avoid light denois+sharpen inside QTGMC and strong denoise with MDegrain3 and again another sharpen at last.

3) which sharpen is better with this kind of old analogic interlaced source? Could LSFmod be good?

Last edited by franketto; 31st August 2014 at 22:51.