Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > Audio encoding

Old 18th February 2018, 00:29   #1  |  Link
foxdm

Edit multichannel audiostream (isolate score music)

Hi,

I'm not sure if that is the correct subthread but maybe someone can help me and answer my question.

I want to edit a multichannel audiostream and I already demuxed the audio with eac3to. I have now a *.dtsma, a *.flac (from the dtsma file) and 6 mono wav files. I'm not sure which files I need to edit the audiostream and which tool I should use...

Can someone recommend a tutorial video or some kind of instruction how to isolate certain parts of the audio?

It does not have to be perfect and I doubt I can remove every little piece of SFX (that's not my goal), I just want to get rid of some of the dialogue (which is mostly in the center channel) and maybe it's possible to delete some effects, if there are any in the back channels. Then I want to save the music in separate files.

Maybe someone has a basic idea how to do that...
Which program should I use? I have Adobe Premiere, Adobe Audition... but not sure if they are good for the Task.
Should I use the separated mono wav files or one of the others?

Thank you
foxdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2018, 11:26   #2  |  Link
tebasuna51

You must use a audio editor like Adobe Audition (or Audacity, free soft).

All audio editors work over uncompressed audio samples, then they can't work over dts, flac or other compressed files.
Some audio editors have the decoders to uncompress some codecs but it is the same than work with wav files (uncompressed) directly.

You can work over the monowavs or also over the multichannel *.wav (but it can't be greater than 4 GB, use .w64 or .rf64 for >4GB, eac3to can output them).

Your desired work is not easy for a beginner, first steps in https://helpx.adobe.com/audition/tutorials.html