Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Development

Old 30th April 2010, 16:40   #401  |  Link
Buggle

At last I am trying out the newest 64 bit possibilities. The only problem I am still having is that FluxSmoothST is not yet available in x64, plus the absence of a Nero AAC x64 version. I installed the Avisynth64 fine and then encoded some stuff with MeGuix64. All fine. Until of course I just tried to use Nero, since thats a 32bit executable. It returned an error, so I started the 32bit MeGUI again to try it in there. It failed again with an error. Looking at the SysWOW64 folder, I found the avisynth.dll to be the one I previously pasted in the System32 folder. This seems to be a bug, but by what is it caused? I reinstalled stock avisynth now and made sure that the system32 folder contains the x64 dll's and the WOW64 folder the old 32 bit ones. MeGUI 32 runs fine again, I'm currently encoding an ACC file. After that I'll check the MeGUI 64. Edit: reinstalling stock aivsynth fixed the problem.

Oh and of course very, very thanks for all the hard work! Was looking forward to going full 64 bit for quite some time. Now I can

Edit2: On second thought, I am also experiencing the non-strictly-monotonic pts warnings (your 16-4 release plus 1570 x264). Is there an ETA on fixing this? Or should I start using those MT capabilities? I'm a bit reluctant to do that, really...

Last edited by Buggle; 30th April 2010 at 23:37.
Old 3rd May 2010, 07:46   #402  |  Link
Jeremy Duncan
Didée Fan

This is how I'm multithreading with the avisynth I made version 2.5.8:

Code:
setmtmode(2)
Last=ffdshow_source()
setmemorymax(550)
LimitedSharpenFaster_JD(strength=11)
LimitedSharpenFaster_JD(strength=11)
super=MSuper(pel=2, hpad=16, vpad=16)
backward_1=MAnalyse(super, chroma=false, isb=true, blksize=32, blksizev=32, search=5, searchparam=1, badrange=(-24))
forward_1=MAnalyse(super, chroma=false, isb=false, blksize=32, blksizev=32, search=5, searchparam=2, badrange=(-24))
backward_2 = MRecalculate(super, chroma=false, backward_1, blksize=32, blksizev=32, thSAD=100, search=5, searchparam=1)
forward_2 = MRecalculate(super, chroma=false, forward_1, blksize=32, blksizev=32, thSAD=100, search=5, searchparam=2)
MBlockFps(super, backward_2, forward_2, num=FramerateNumerator(last)*2, den=FramerateDenominator(last)*1, mode=1)
SetMTMode(1)
GetMTMode(false) > 0 ? distributor() : last
If I used the avisynth in this thread and the mvtools, would I be able to use multithreading?
If I can use multithreading can you tell me how?
And if it's not to much can you edit the code I post here so it's compatible with this version of avisynth?

Edit, oh yeah since some people asked if you could make some plug ins 64 bit, could you make tsp's mt.dll 64 bit too? link

Last edited by Jeremy Duncan; 3rd May 2010 at 07:50.
Jeremy Duncan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2010, 09:35   #403  |  Link
Lyle_JP
Unreasonable User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank K Abbott View Post
I tried using the MT.dll from the file in hope that it would correct the horizontal "shadow line" type issue which appears right in the sentral part of the video but it still hasn't been fixed yet And that faint horizontal line shows up with a lot of filters when using MT with them.
There's nothing wrong with MT. What's happening is this: MT divides the image into smaller images, processed separately as complete images in their respective threads. Some noise reduction tools treat border areas differently than other parts of the image. MT creates a new border (or multiple borders) within the image by dividing it up. So what you are seeing is an artifact of your chosen noise reduction tool, not MT.

Fortunately, MT offers a solution anyway. It's a parameter called "overlap". Setting it to about 4 pixels wipes out most of the artifacts you're seeing.
Lyle_JP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2010, 22:39   #404  |  Link
Stephen R. Savage

On the wiki "benchmarks" page, the antialiasing script is quoted incorrectly. This should be changed in case anybody tries to use it, as the correct form omits the return statement:

Code:
input=AviSource("D:\testfile.avi")

ox = width(input)
oy = height(input)

aa = input.TurnRight().EEDI2(field=0).TurnLeft().EEDI2(field=0)

edge = mt_logic(mt_edge(aa, "5 10 5 0 0 0 -5 -10 -5 4", 0, 255, 0, 255),
        \ mt_edge(aa, "5 0 -5 10 0 -10 5 0 -5 4", 0, 255, 0, 255), "max").Greyscale().
        \ Levels(0, 0.8, 128, 0, 255, false).Spline36Resize(ox, oy, -0.5, -0.5, 2 * ox, 2 * oy)

ds = Spline36Resize(aa, ox, oy, -0.5, -0.5, 2 * ox, 2 * oy)

maskmerge = mt_merge(input, ds, edge, U=1, V=1)

MergeChroma(ds,maskmerge)
On the plugins link page, "FieldHint" is misspelled as "FeildHint".

Incidentally, it seems JoshyD's last name is... Duncan. (See: http://code.google.com/u/joshua.d.duncan/). I'm going to refrain from commenting further on that.

Last edited by Stephen R. Savage; 3rd May 2010 at 22:42.
Stephen R. Savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2010, 18:45   #405  |  Link
Wilbert

Quote:
On the wiki (...)
Could you correct those two issues please? Thanks.

Quote:
Incidentally, it seems JoshyD's last name is... Duncan.
I noticed that too (both are even from Canada). I'm sure that this is just coincidence though.
Wilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th May 2010, 18:52   #406  |  Link
Stephen R. Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilbert View Post

I noticed that too (both are even from Canada). I'm sure that this is just coincidence though.
I am not authorized to edit the Avs64 wiki (http://code.google.com/p/avisynth64/w/list), because I am not a developer of Avisynth64. Perhaps Jeremy Duncan is actually a really sophisticated coder, and he's been pulling our legs all along.

@ Buggle: The non-monotonic PTS warning is a bug, but it doesn't affect encoding since Avisynth is CFR and you can always reset the framerate when muxing anyway.

Edit: Incidentally, I wonder what happened to JoshyD. He hasn't shown up in several days now.

Last edited by Stephen R. Savage; 5th May 2010 at 01:18.
Old 4th May 2010, 23:28   #407  |  Link
kemuri-_9
Compiling Encoder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen R. Savage View Post
@ Buggle: The non-monotonic PTS warning is a bug, but it doesn't affect encoding since Avisynth is CFR and you can always reset the framerate when muxing anyway.
the bug directly rears its head there, but there is no guarantee that the effect is not more far reaching,
possibly breaking other calculations that involve use of doubles.
Old 9th May 2010, 23:10   #408  |  Link
Stephen R. Savage

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9ZWS9HDF

FoxyShadis has updated AddGrainC to v1.5, which is more compatible with MT.
Old 11th May 2010, 14:55   #409  |  Link
STaRGaZeR
4:2:0 hater

I've not read the entire thread, so sorry if these questions have been asked before.

Is the source code of GradFun2DB x64 available?

I can't use TIVTC x64, it crashes on me. tfm() is the cause. Is this a known problem?

Thanks!
That way, you have xxxx[p|i]yyy, where xxxx is the vertical resolution, yyy is the temporal resolution, and 'i' says the image has been irremediably destroyed.
STaRGaZeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th May 2010, 18:39   #410  |  Link
Razinal

I think fft3dgpu crashes the mpc-hc64.exe when I'm using the avisynth in ffdshowx64.
when i press 'page down', 'ctrl+page down' or just wait untill it tries to play the next file, mpc-hc crashes.
It plays the first video just fine but when it's time to play the next one...

What I'm using :
ffdshowx64 => I've tried rev. 3300-3408 (in ~20 rev. steps)
avisynthx64 => 4/16/2010 and 3/15/2010
mpc-hc64 => 1249-1881 (in ~100 rev. steps)
Windows => Seven x64 Pro

Settings :
mpc-hc64 => All default
ffavisynth =>
Code:
PPS=5
fft3dgpu(bw=16, bh=16, plane=0, bt=4, sigma=PPS, mode=1, precision=2, wintype=2, degrid=2)
fft3dgpu(bw=64, bh=64, plane=0, bt=4, sigma=PPS/8, sigma2=PPS/4, sigma3=PPS/2, sigma4=PPS, mode=1, precision=2, wintype=2, degrid=2)
ffdshow => except 'avisynth' I've got 'Resize' set to always @ 1024xAUTO (Lanczos), 'Levels' using 'Didee's YlevelsG' at INPUT=0-240 and OSD to 'Decoder FPS' at top-left with classic shadows (outline's alpha set to 0% and body, shadow set to 100%)
Renderer => EVR_Custom (I've also tried EVR, VMR9 (both), EVR_Synced)

Notes :
I've copied both DevIL.dll and avisynth.dll to system32 folder, have already installed 2.5.8 x32 (and the MT ver of it over the original) beforehand and ran the batch file as admin.
I have a HD4850 card using Catalyst 10.2 drivers (with dynamic contrast set off).
I've tried turning fft3dgpu's options off one by one but nothing seems make it to work.
When i turn fft3dgpu off everything is fine.
Sometimes this happens immediately after opening a file.

Which one do you think is causing this problem : fft3dgpu, mpc-hc, ffavisynth or avisynth itself?

EDIT: after updating ffdshow to 3435 everything seem to be working just fine. (I've also changed my avisynth script to below)
Code:
setmemorymax(768)
SetMTMode(1,2)
Last=ffdshow_Source()
PPS=5
last.Framerate > 30 ? Eval("""
    ConvertFPS(2997, 125)
    MT("Spline64Resize(1024, last.height)")
    MT("Spline64Resize(last.width, 576)", SplitVertical=True)
    Undot()
    fft3dgpu(bw=16, bh=16, plane=0, bt=4, sigma=PPS, mode=1, precision=1, wintype=2, degrid=2)
    fft3dgpu(bw=64, bh=64, plane=0, bt=4, sigma=PPS/8, sigma2=PPS/4, sigma3=PPS/2, sigma4=PPS, mode=1, precision=2, wintype=2, degrid=2)
    Subtitle("VFR", align=9, size=11)
""") : Eval(""" 
    MT("Spline64Resize(1024, last.height)")
    MT("Spline64Resize(last.width, 576)", SplitVertical=True)
    Undot()
    fft3dgpu(bw=16, bh=16, plane=0, bt=4, sigma=PPS, mode=1, precision=1, wintype=2, degrid=2)
""")

Last edited by Razinal; 13th May 2010 at 16:07.
Razinal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2010, 10:47   #411  |  Link
Hagbard23
23sKiDdOo!

i've not read all the postings here - but:...great work - just what i've been looking for. Most Plugs work fine to me - except those from Squid and Kassandro. For some Reason only the Versions of "removegrain"/"Repair" presented here are working with the actual x64 Build of avisynth. Kassandros Builds presented on his own page and NICAudio.DLL (Squid's Build) is not working at all. At least - that's what i tested....

Nevertheless i've been waiting long for this. Thanks ..keep up the work!
Hagbard23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2010, 06:51   #412  |  Link
Bi11
Architect

Is there a 64-bit version of deblock.dll? If not, could someone compile it for use with Deblock_QED, thanks.
Bi11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2010, 08:46   #413  |  Link
jpsdr

I've try the following :
Quote:
a=mpeg2source("File.d2v",upConv=0).DoubleWeave().Pulldown(1,3).trim(0,1774)
b=mpeg2source("File.d2v",upConv=0).DoubleWeave().Pulldown(0,2).trim(1775,3780)
c=mpeg2source("File.d2v",upConv=0).DoubleWeave().Pulldown(1,3).trim(3781,34355)
a+b+c
SetMTMode(2,6)
TempGaussMC_beta2(edimode="eedi2")
SelectEven()
But, when i process in VDub, there is only one CPU running. Where i do wrong ?
jpsdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2010, 09:35   #414  |  Link
Gavino
Avisynth language lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsdr View Post
when i process in VDub, there is only one CPU running. Where i do wrong ?
Try adding this line at the end of your script:
Distributor()

When using SetMTMode, this is required for applications that invoke Avisynth directly rather than via the VfW interface, but I'm not sure if VDub is one of those.
Gavino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2010, 11:38   #415  |  Link
yo4kazu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bi11 View Post
Is there a 64-bit version of deblock.dll? If not, could someone compile it for use with Deblock_QED, thanks.
64-bit version deblock 1.2
[link removed]

Last edited by Guest; 1st June 2010 at 13:40. Reason: GPL violation
yo4kazu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2010, 22:11   #416  |  Link
Bi11
Architect

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo4kazu View Post
64-bit version deblock 1.2
deblock12_x64.7z
I did a quick test and deblock12_x64 works. yo4kazu

Unfortunately, I see now Deblock_QED uses DCTFilter to interpolate the border values over the whole block. Thus, I would need a 64-bit version of DCTFilter as well.

If anyone wants to compile a 64-bit version of DCTFilter, maybe you could take into account what Didée said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Didée View Post
AFAIK, no .... DCTFilter hasn't been ported yet.

But if someone *would* port it, that would be a good occasion to eliminate the stripe-bug that DCTFilter has had ever since.
Old 22nd May 2010, 03:26   #417  |  Link
yo4kazu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bi11 View Post
64-bit version of DCTFilter as well.

If anyone wants to compile a 64-bit version of DCTFilter
I can just recompile to 64-bit.
But there DCTFilter in inline-asm, I can not be rewritten.
sorry
yo4kazu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2010, 03:56   #418  |  Link
Robert Martens

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsdr View Post
But, when i process in VDub, there is only one CPU running. Where i do wrong ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavino View Post
Try adding this line at the end of your script:
Distributor()

When using SetMTMode, this is required for applications that invoke Avisynth directly rather than via the VfW interface, but I'm not sure if VDub is one of those.
I don't think VirtualDub is in that category, I have great success using SetMTmode in VDub without Distributor added to my scripts.

I think the issue here is the lack of SetMTmode at the head of the script; as I understand it, SetMTmode must be the first line in any script where you wish to use it, or it won't work.

The posted sample script would therefore become:

Code:
SetMTmode(2,6)
a=mpeg2source("File.d2v",upConv=0).DoubleWeave().Pulldown(1,3).trim(0,1774)
b=mpeg2source("File.d2v",upConv=0).DoubleWeave().Pulldown(0,2).trim(1775,3780)
c=mpeg2source("File.d2v",upConv=0).DoubleWeave().Pulldown(1,3).trim(3781,34355)
a+b+c
TempGaussMC_beta2(edimode="eedi2")
SelectEven()
Robert Martens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2010, 04:37   #419  |  Link
Bi11
Architect

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo4kazu View Post
I can just recompile to 64-bit.
Yes, please recompile DCTFilter to 64-bit as it is currently, thanks.

I understand that fixing the bug would require someone who knows the code well; no need to apologize.
Maybe JoshyD or someone else can fix the bug and release a new version at a later time.
Old 23rd May 2010, 07:18   #420  |  Link
JoshyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilbert View Post

I'm not from Canada, nothing against Canadians, I've just been very very busy with (paid) work. I've always lived in the US. Issues shall be addressed in due time. I have not abandoned the project. Expect updates and fixes in the next week or two.
JoshyD is offline   Reply With Quote