Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Hardware & Software > Software players

Old 11th July 2002, 14:20   #1  |  Link
_TAG_

DS2 audio output

I've been making Divxs for quite some time now, and i always did a DS or DS2 surround downmix from the original AC3s. The only problem i have is that there's no software players which can decode DSx (DS/DS2).
Right now there are just 2 viable solutions:
- WinDVD4 can decode DSx, but only if the original audio is inside an AC3 track;
- PowerDVD4 can decode DSx, but it sounds pretty bad with lots of skips/crackling/etc.

I've tried to use the WinDVD audio processing filter in a dshow graph, but it does nothing; if you feed it a stereo stream (from the MP3 decod filter) it outputs the same, unchanged, stereo stream. :-(
Haven't tried the PowerDVD one, but it gave me ugly results when used with PowerDVD; i'll try it again and post the results.

Anyone has a solution?

[suggestion for the forum mod: could we have a FAQ explaining which DSx filters (InterVideo and CyberLink for now) work with other players (like zoomplayer)?]
_TAG_ is offline   Reply With Quote