Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Capturing and Editing Video > Avisynth Usage
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 15th March 2010, 02:21   #11  |  Link
osgZach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarxrax View Post
A pretty nasty bug has been found. You are unable to use the arrow keys or home/end etc to move around the text, because these keys always change focus to the video.
I didn't cause this bug, it already exists in the original source code.
I'll try to learn Python and fix it.
Are they defined in a config somewhere as being bound to functions that do editing on the video?

Just thinking out loud here.. (I haven't even used the program before) cause I wonder if its a simple routine to not allow those keys to reset the focus or something when eidting text, or if they need to not be bound as editing keys for video in the first place.

In either case, sounds like something someone should mention to the wxforms/wxpython people, if its a bug with the Win32 interface it should fall on them to fix it.

However I am interested in learning how it interfaces to load/display video in the first place.. Does it use Avisynth wrapper? Is that part well documented? I'm interested in it for a project of my own.. But if it doesn't pan out I may be able to contribute the fruits of that effort to AvsP in some form.. Mainly for dealing with Hybrid Anime content.

Also may want to consider porting it to Python 3.x branch now since its the most recent.. It may or may not be difficult depending on what syntax changes need to be made, but I'm betting there will be some advantages to that.. If I can find time to sit down and "get into" this project, maybe I will assess the possibility of moving it over.

Last edited by osgZach; 15th March 2010 at 02:28.