Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 19th January 2008, 23:29   #1  |  Link
mikesouth

Capturing from Panasonic HDC DX1

Ok I got a steal on the vcamera or I wouldnt have bought it 349.00 brand new in the box

when I got it home and fooled around with it it became obvious that there is no way to capture video from the camera (short of the intensity HDMI capture card anyway)

I did find that anyDVD would read the finalized disks (they are UDF filesystems) ok that worked great untill last night I was finalizing a disk and the camera shut itself off. now the disk wont finalize but it will still play in the camera.

its a DVD-R so I cant unfinalize it either.

is there any way to get the video off this disk without buying the intensity capture card...thanks much

PS the video quality is amazingly good but with no way to easily get it into Vegas or other editing software its damn near useless.
mikesouth is offline   Reply With Quote