Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > General > DVD2AVI / DGIndex

Old 16th June 2005, 19:51   #161  |  Link

@SeeMoreDigital

If mpucoder is serious about his point that the demuxer should take care of this, then he should not have a delay adjustment at all! If he has one, it should cover the range of delays typically encountered.

All other tools that I know of do not have this limitation on delay adjustment, e.g., VirtualDub, Avisynth, TMPGEnc, etc.

It is on the development list already to produce no-delay audio files (within the limits of frame granularity). I'll start experimenting with it, but it won't be in 1.4.0. A workaround for you is 3rd-party delay correctors, such as AC3DelayCorrector.

Why is it such a big deal for mpucoder to widen his range a little?

Last edited by Guest; 16th June 2005 at 20:01.
Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2005, 20:17   #162  |  Link
Cyberia

TVScale in DGIndex is needed for VFAPI isn't it? I may have answered my own question.
Cyberia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2005, 20:35   #163  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2
Why is it such a big deal for mpucoder to widen his range a little?
I dunno, maybe mpucoder is having a bad day!

I have to say, I'm using DGIndex and MuxMan almost every day now and to be honest although I'm not 100% familiar with every facet of their individual functionality, I don't consider myself as a novice!

As a matter of interest, what "delay" range would you consider as being useful?

Cheers
Old 16th June 2005, 20:57   #164  |  Link
mpucoder

Not having a bad day, as said in this post the inaccuracy not only causes excess audio at the start, but also a premature end. And nothing but the demuxer can fix that (unless you
concatenate the next cell's audio). So it's better to fix this in the demuxers.

Also MuxMan 0.14f is the last of 0.14, 0.15 features are frozen (nothing but bug fixes) and 0.16 will have the ability to set start/stop points within source streams, making the delay setting redundant for negative delay.

I didn't want the delay setting at all, but it was put in as a concession, with a range of plus/minus 300ms. That range is more than enough for dropped frames, anything higher indicates a problem in the demux.

Last edited by mpucoder; 16th June 2005 at 21:00.
mpucoder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2005, 21:16   #165  |  Link
stephanV
gone

@neuron2

As a matter of interest, how do you tend to "fix" this delay? By padding or removing frames from the audio stream? If so, I kindly request to at least leave the option open to keep the delay.
stephanV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th June 2005, 22:29   #166  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

Personally speaking when it comes to setting, plus/minus audio delays I would rather it to be measured by the frame rather than millisecond

That said, I think it will be a while yet before every de-muxer will be able to offer perfectly synced de-muxed streams, so it would be a great shame to drop this implementation in MuxMan altogether (always useful to have a backup plan).

Thankfully all the Mpeg de-muxers I've tried so far highlight the delay time, making it easier to re-sync the streams in MuxMan.

Cheers
Old 16th June 2005, 23:23   #167  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanV
As a matter of interest, how do you intend to "fix" this delay? By padding or removing frames from the audio stream? If so, I kindly request to at least leave the option open to keep the delay.
Yes, of course you'll be able to choose to correct or not. I'm not sure how I'll do it yet. Either the audio or the video could be changed. The former has the complication of lots of different audio types. The latter has the complication of orphaned reference frames, etc.
Old 17th June 2005, 10:00   #168  |  Link
kikounet

To SeeMoreDigital.
Sorry to be so curious,
Quote:
What I currently do is use DVD Decrypter to drag the .VOB file(s) onto my PC and then DGIndex to separate and select the start and end points for each clip.... But this creates individual de-muxed clips with very different audio delays!
Why don't you ask DVD Decrypter to do the demux and separation by CELL ID?
kikounet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2005, 12:06   #169  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikounet
To SeeMoreDigital.
Sorry to be so curious,

Why don't you ask DVD Decrypter to do the demux and separation by CELL ID?
You may well ask

Here's the file structure of a typical DVD I receive: -

As you can see, this DVD only has a total run time of 7 min 32 sec and yet it has 2No VTS segments. The first segment contains 2No chapters with 19No and 2No Cells respectively. The second segment contains 1No chapter with 7No Cells....

If you ripped all these separately you would end up with this lot: -

By the way, this disc only contains 10No TV commercials: -

1No Alton Towers - RITA
1No Coca-Cola - Bring me Sunshine
2No Peugeot - Man Hair / Woman Fantasy
2No INPES Passive Smoking - Marie / Luke
1No HSBC Bank - Careful German Driver
3No AM/PM Stores - It's 3:30 / Student Driver / Commitment

Cheers
Old 18th June 2005, 16:24   #170  |  Link

Version 1.4.0 Release Candidate 2

Here is 1.4.0 RC2. The changes from RC1 are as follows:

* Replaced the buggy LumaFilter() with a new, optimized LumaYV12() filter by ARDA. Thank you for your contribution, ARDA! The DGDecode manual was updated appropriately.

* Minor GUI cosmetic changes in DGIndex.

* The integrated ParseD2V and FixD2v functions now reject obsolete D2V files (ones with earlier D2V format).

http://neuron2.net/dgmpgdec/dgmpgdec140rc2.zip
Old 18th June 2005, 18:05   #171  |  Link
bbouchaib2002

reading ts files

Thank you very match for your work

I used dgindex specialy to encode my ts files (recorded by dreambox satellite receiver) to divx.

But since version 1.3.1beta5 (unil 1.4.0RC2) I can not read my ts files.
The program hangs and do noting after choosing the ts file and clicking on OK.

What happend for the recent releases ?
bbouchaib2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2005, 18:35   #172  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbouchaib2002
Thank you very match for your work

I used dgindex specialy to encode my ts files (recorded by dreambox satellite receiver) to divx.

But since version 1.3.1beta5 (unil 1.4.0RC2) I can not read my ts files.
The program hangs and do noting after choosing the ts file and clicking on OK.

What happend for the recent releases ?
Please upload a test file to my ftp server and notify me here of its file name. With the test file I'll be able to quickly resolve your problem. Thank you.

Also, it would be appreciated if you did not wait for a release candidate to report your issues!
Old 18th June 2005, 23:31   #173  |  Link
bbouchaib2002

Quote:
it would be appreciated if you did not wait for a release candidate to report your issues!
Excuse me, I have not encode any thing from a while, and when I test the last version yesterday, it do no work for me an I download the previous versions one after one untile v1.3.1b4 that work.

I have make some tests today and this is what I have discover :

When I open a file from my local drive it work, but if I open it directly from its original location (the hdd of dreambox shared with samba) it not work.

with 1.3.1b4 no problems, I always open files directly from \\192.168.0.3\Harddisk\movie\ (I prefer because files are very big)

Have you change the manner of opening files between 1.3.1b4 and 1.3.1b5 ?
Old 19th June 2005, 00:19   #174  |  Link

There's been no change to file opening. Please explain exactly what you mean by "it not work". Is there an error popup? What do you see?
Old 19th June 2005, 10:18   #175  |  Link
bbouchaib2002

No there is no popup, when I add the file in the "file list", and after I press the "OK" button, 2 things can happends after :
1- in 90 % of cases, it return to the main interface and the "stream" menu is disabled and nothing happend after (as if I just open the program)
2- in the others cases it return to the main interface and the "stream" menu is enabled, but if I click on it the program hangs and I have to kill it.
Old 19th June 2005, 19:18   #176  |  Link

1.4.0 Release Candidate 3

Version 1.4.0 RC 3 fixes the problem with opening across the network, as reported by bbouchaib2002. I also added a rudimentary playback speed control, for people with very fast machines and who don't like watching their previews race by at 170 fps.

http://neuron2.net/dgmpgdec/dgmpgdec140rc3.zip

Could this be the winner?
Old 19th June 2005, 20:02   #177  |  Link
iNFO-DVD
Author of avi.NET rip.NET

Let me be really cheeky and ask you what's the chance of you changing something before this goes final.....

Due to the use of the "[" and "]" to parse your filename in the CLI we can not use them symbols in a path and/or filename.

What's the chances of changing them to "<" and ">" because this issue would never arise again because you can't use "<" and ">" in a filename/path anyway.

I'm sure this would be very quick for you to do and the only downside I can see would be programs would need to change the way they call DGIndex slightly but that's not a problem because they would have to change their programs slightly anyway because of the updated D2V format.

I hope you can please do this..... you'll be my biggest hero
iNFO-DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2005, 20:13   #178  |  Link
SeeMoreDigital
Life's clearer in 4K UHD

Quote:
... I also added a rudimentary playback speed control, for people with very fast machines and who don't like watching their previews race by at 170 fps.

...Could this be the winner?
Errrrm!

Would it be possible to add a frame counter... at some time. Or would this be too much like "very hard" work?

Cheers
Old 19th June 2005, 20:13   #179  |  Link
Backwoods
ReMember

Another day and another upgrade, awesome thank you.

Also if you remember a month or so ago there was a problem with my captured M2T files. They would freeze up the program for a bit then run, then the error was supposed to be fix, it wasn't. In these latest betas, no problems what so ever.

Just thought I'd run that by you. Thanks again.

EDIT: spelling (program -> problem, duh)

Last edited by Backwoods; 19th June 2005 at 23:51.
Backwoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2005, 20:17   #180  |  Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNFO-DVD
What's the chances of changing them to "<" and ">" because this issue would never arise again because you can't use "<" and ">" in a filename/path anyway.
Not possible. The DOS shell interprets them as redirection.

Actually, the [ and ] may be totally superfluous anyway. I'll look into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeMoreDigital
Would it be possible to add a frame counter... at some time. Or would this be too much like "very hard" work?
There's one in the Info dialog already. Are you asking for something else? If so, be specific.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backwoods
Also if you remember a month or so ago there was a program with my captured M2T files. They would freeze up the program for a bit then run, then the error was supposed to be fix, it wasn't. In these latest betas, no problems what so ever.
Great. Thanks for the feedback.

@all

Stop with the new feature requests at RC time, people, or you'll make me mad. I mean, we've had like 15 betas leading up to this. That's what betas are for.

Last edited by Guest; 19th June 2005 at 20:22.