Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring

Old 24th March 2009, 16:29   #1681  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

uncropMKV

Moved to new thread: HERE

If someone is willing to try uncropMKV - here is the link (it is just 120KB - 70kb without the icon ).

If you don't have multiAVCHD - here is a full stand-alone-application-download (4MB).

You'll need to put it in your multiAVCHD folder (and you need the latest full download, that includes mkvmerge) and you need to have avisynth and directshow decoder/splitter (ffdshow).

Basically it allows various resizing and uncropping, framerate change, sharpen/blur, etc...

You can select/deselect streams that will be used/removed in the final -uncropped.mkv.

Edit 25-Mar-2009: Please redownload. Some fixes. Trimming now works for final MKV.

Predefined resize options allow creating anamorphic videos, for 1920x.... 1280x.... 1440x... videos. For example:
Code:
Input video: 1920x816
Resize option: 720x364
Uncropping to: 720x480 and you get 16:9 aspect with really nice quality (I just tested it on my Playstation3).

Last edited by deank; 25th March 2009 at 15:12.
deank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2009, 17:44   #1682  |  Link
zoner

thanks alot, AGAIN!
zoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2009, 17:47   #1683  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Just re-download it from time to time :-)

(I just fixed wrong keyint setting... give it a try and let me know).
Old 24th March 2009, 20:35   #1684  |  Link
Aai em ron

One question about uncropMKV which is by the way an excellent programm:
I tried 3 different sample mkv files with an Fps of 23.976
I leave "change fps" to original. Output file has an fps of 25?
When I change fps to 23.976 ,the output file has also an fps of 25. The audio isn't sync with the video anymore.What am I doing wrong?
The uncropping thing goes fine by the way.
Aai em ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2009, 21:07   #1685  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

I can't replicate it, so please if you can, send a sample to my email (or upload to rapidshare and send me the link).

And please, disable all post-processing in your directshow filter. For example resizing/cropping/framerate in ffdshow.

Last edited by deank; 24th March 2009 at 21:29.
Old 24th March 2009, 21:41   #1686  |  Link
Aai em ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by deank View Post
I can't replicate it, so please if you can, send a sample to my email (or upload to rapidshare and send me the link).

And please, disable all post-processing in your directshow filter. For example resizing/cropping/framerate in ffdshow.
I,ve sent you an email with a rapidshare link.
Thanks.
Ron
Old 24th March 2009, 22:23   #1687  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

I tried your file and here is what I get:

Code:
avis [info]: 1280x720 @ 23.98 fps (743 frames)
x264 [info]: using SAR=1/1
x264 [info]: using cpu capabilities: MMX2 SSE2Fast SSSE3 PH
x264 [info]: profile High, level 4.1
[5.0%] 37/743 frames, 7.91 fps, 3994.17 kb/s, eta 0:01:29
So the problem is with your directshow filter... and aai em diin (dei-A-n).

edit: It is fixed - i found the problem. Just redownload it.

Last edited by deank; 25th March 2009 at 09:59.
Old 24th March 2009, 23:09   #1688  |  Link
laserfan
Aging Video Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoner View Post
when adding a m2ts, multiavchd still adds the m2ts overhead to the output prediction.
resulting in the wrong estimate
Quote:
Yes, prediction is like ~ +10%... not a real value to count on, but most of the time the difference is about 10-300MB which is not a big deal and the output is almost always a bit smaller then the prediction (it is better having your output a bit smaller than the prediction and having it fit in the output media).
Hi deank, I am thinking about trying your app with TV episodes I have captured (HDTV off-the-air, MPEG2 1080i typically) but am unsure of a couple things:

1. Is it correct that multiAVCHD will output BD-format i.e. BDMV folders?

2. Next is how, when I am faced with re-encoding several individual episodes (to h264 using x264), how I would determine what size to re-encode to, in order to meet an output target e.g. DVD-9 (actually BD-9)? I was thinking perhaps the way to do this might be to import all the "full-sized" episodes, look at the Output size and observe a % oversize, then use that % for each episode to establish a target size for my x264 two-pass re-encoding.

Sorry if this is obvious once the program is installed and run--I've not done that yet, only read your Guide and searched this thread...
laserfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2009, 23:29   #1689  |  Link
Aai em ron

So the problem is with your directshow filter... and aai em diin (dei-A-n)

I'm sorry and thank you. I'll take a look at my directshow filter.
Old 24th March 2009, 23:33   #1690  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Quote:
Originally Posted by laserfan View Post
Hi deank, I am thinking about trying your app with TV episodes I have captured (HDTV off-the-air, MPEG2 1080i typically) but am unsure of a couple things:

1. Is it correct that multiAVCHD will output BD-format i.e. BDMV folders?
Users output suggests that multiAVCHD output plays fine when used in most players. Folder/file structure is AVCHD (name and index wise). Major differences between AVCHD and BD standards are the restrictions posed by the former, but it happens that most players will ignore those restrictions and will play AVCHD content (for example the unsupported VC-1 video).

I'm not sure how to answer your question. Ignoring the "AVCHD" part in multiAVCHD application name, it seems that it allows producing of hybrid compilations and as current BD/AVCHD standards adoption fails by all means in major hardware brands (at least happily lacking distinction, that sets them apart) , it happens that multiAVCHD output conforms more requirements than needed for one to play the output with no (or rare) exceptions.

Quote:
2. Next is how, when I am faced with re-encoding several individual episodes (to h264 using x264), how I would determine what size to re-encode to, in order to meet an output target e.g. DVD-9 (actually BD-9)?
RipBot author Atak_Snajpera came up with a formula to predict oversize in case of one video and one audio stream with known parameters.

I never took time to put some work into mux-size prediction as never needed such (using external HDD with PS3). Knowing MPEG-2 TS specs it is not really a though one - just lack of time.

On the other hand, multiAVCHD does no reencoding and it would make no sense trying to fit any desired output sizes as it has no control over it.

A lot of users question MPEG-2 Transport Stream (m2ts/mts) overhead and I tried to point out to what's 'causing' it here.

For those trying to 'calculate' or make some estimations on final size - have in mind that in-mux streams (usually the video, all the audio, the PGS) take their toll. All you have is 192 byte packets and all streams are split and mixed (muxed one after another) in those small chunks. And because they all are time dependent, it often happens to have synch or "almost" blank 192-byte packets just to keep all streams synchronized with each other in time. This is one of the reasons of greater sizes... Just think of hi-quality DTS or TrueHD track + a standard AC3/DTS, few subtitle streams and vbr video - all with different bitrates.... Then you'll need almost full 'all-stream-inspection' to predict desired final m2ts size.

Dean Kasabow

Last edited by deank; 25th March 2009 at 00:00.
Old 25th March 2009, 00:12   #1691  |  Link
laserfan
Aging Video Hobbyist

OK, a lot of words there but I guess my answers are: no, it makes AVCHD folders (will probably play on my player) and you have no idea whether my sizing idea will work!?

Guess I will have to do some experimenting.
laserfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2009, 00:18   #1692  |  Link
jdeiro
Brazilian PS3 Fanboy

Dean,

I can't seem to convert one specific file. Here is the log, what is the problem? It is a MKV and works perfectly on my PC...

[20:12:32] Log started for multiAVCHD v2.5 (build 482)
[20:12:32] Processing 1 input files/folders .
[20:12:32] Temp folder does not exist. Set to E:\_TEMP.
[20:12:32] Converting mkv file to AVCHD (E:\Séries\FILE.mkv).
[20:12:32] Detected video: ID#1:V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC:1280x720 23.976fps (AR:1.78)
[20:12:32] Detected audio: ID#2:A_AC3:audio (48000Hz/2ch) Language: und
[20:12:32] Adding subtitles (FILE.srt) (und)
[20:12:32] Creating BluRay folders (tsMuxer)...
[20:12:34] Done!
[20:12:34] Important files missing (clpi/mpls/m2ts)...
[20:12:34] Possible tsMuxer failure to process your input mkv/ts/mpeg files (E:\Séries\FILE.mkv).
[20:12:34] Preparing authoring information...
[20:12:34] Top menu skipped. Playback will start from Title#1.
[20:12:35] Setting menu for 0 titles...
[20:12:35] Forced sequential playback from Title#1 forward.
[20:12:35] Completed.
[20:12:35] Creating AVCHD compatible 8.3 filenames...
[20:12:35] Done!
[20:12:35] 1 other warnings/errors!
[20:12:35] E:\Séries\AVCHD_JAP4 folder created!
[20:12:35] Rename E:\Séries\AVCHD_JAP4 to AVCHD and copy it to root of USB drive or USB disk.
[20:12:35] or rename E:\Séries\AVCHD_JAP4 to AVCHD and copy it to X:\PRIVATE\ of SD/MMC card.
[20:12:36] Deleting only files in temp folder (E:\_TEMP\)...
[20:12:36] You may now remove temp folder (E:\_TEMP\).
[20:12:36] Your compilation contains 0hrs 0min 0sec of video material.
[20:12:36] End of log.

Here's the MediaInfo log:

General
Complete name : E:\Séries\FILE.mkv
Format : Matroska
File size : 1.43 GiB
Duration : 1h 2mn
Overall bit rate : 3 261 Kbps
Encoded date : UTC 2008-03-31 03:46:04
Writing application : mkvmerge v2.0.0 ('After The Rain Has Fallen') built on Jan 13 2007 19:58:56
Writing library : libebml v0.7.7 + libmatroska v0.8.0

Video
ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : High@L5.1
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 4 frames
Muxing mode : Container profile=Unknown@5.1
Codec ID : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Bit rate : 2 739 Kbps
Nominal bit rate : 2 873 Kbps
Width : 1 280 pixels
Height : 720 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16/9
Frame rate : 23.976 fps
Resolution : 24 bits
Colorimetry : 4:2:0
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.124
Writing library : x264 core 58 r798 17e5dac
Encoding settings : cabac=1 / ref=4 / deblock=1:-2:-1 / analyse=0x3:0x133 / me=hex / subme=6 / brdo=1 / mixed_ref=0 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=1 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / chroma_qp_offset=0 / threads=6 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / mbaff=0 / bframes=3 / b_pyramid=1 / b_adapt=1 / b_bias=0 / direct=3 / wpredb=1 / bime=1 / keyint=250 / keyint_min=25 / scenecut=40(pre) / rc=2pass / bitrate=2873 / ratetol=1.0 / rceq='blurCplx^(1-qComp)' / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=10 / qpmax=51 / qpstep=4 / cplxblur=20.0 / qblur=0.5 / ip_ratio=1.40 / pb_ratio=1.30
Language : English

Audio
ID : 2
Format : AC-3
Format/Info : Audio Coding 3
Codec ID : A_AC3
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 384 Kbps
Channel(s) : 6 channels
Channel positions : Front: L C R, Surround: L R, LFE
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz

Cheers!

PS: I guess I'll be able to donate again soon!! Keep up the good work!!
jdeiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2009, 00:20   #1693  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

A lot of words - hope it will help someone when using the 'search' option here... who knows...

There is not such thing as AVCHD folders. It is the content that makes it AVCHD or BD.

And, yes, the hard way to find output size is as you suggested.

Last edited by deank; 25th March 2009 at 00:24.
Old 25th March 2009, 00:23   #1694  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

jdeiro: you can always try with tsmuxer alone and see what error you'll get. multiAVCHD will always error out with "important files missing" if for some reason tsmuxer didn't do the job. Also, for MKV files multiAVCHD used mkvinfo output, not mediainfo.
Old 25th March 2009, 00:47   #1695  |  Link
odin24

Quote:
Originally Posted by deank
For those trying to 'calculate' or make some estimations on final size - have in mind that in-mux streams (usually the video, all the audio, the PGS) take their toll. All you have is 192 byte packets and all streams are split and mixed (muxed one after another) in those small chunks. And because they all are time dependent, it often happens to have synch or "almost" blank 192-byte packets just to keep all streams synchronized with each other in time. This is one of the reasons of greater sizes... Just think of hi-quality DTS or TrueHD track + a standard AC3/DTS, few subtitle streams and vbr video - all with different bitrates.... Then you'll need almost full 'all-stream-inspection' to predict desired final m2ts size.
Quote:
Originally Posted by laserfan
2. Next is how, when I am faced with re-encoding several individual episodes (to h264 using x264), how I would determine what size to re-encode to, in order to meet an output target e.g. DVD-9 (actually BD-9)? I was thinking perhaps the way to do this might be to import all the "full-sized" episodes, look at the Output size and observe a % oversize, then use that % for each episode to establish a target size for my x264 two-pass re-encoding.
I'll share my method for calcultaing overhead for my DVD9 that include h264, with either DTS, AC3, DTS HD-MA, and TrueHD.

1. First I'll mux the audio stream to m2ts alone to figure out it's overhead.
2. Though numerous comparisons from raw h264 to m2ts (video only), various sizes (BD rip to x264.exe encode), I've come to the conclusion that h264 overhead is approx 4.7%

For DVD9 (8152mb)

8152mb - audio in m2ts (size on disk value in mb) = video allotment / 1.047 = encoded h264 file size

Then I'll round that number to one decimal place in GB. i.e 6472mb would be 6.4GB is the value I'd put in MeGUI.

Now for you Laserfan this might be a little more of a challenge, since you're working with several episodes you could append all of the audio files together to figure out their overhead, and go from there in calculating the h264 file sizes. I recently did two movies per BD-R, I just averaged out the number of frames between the two movies to figure the avg bitrate per movie... that way each movie had the same bitrate.
odin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2009, 01:00   #1696  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

@deank
Good news. I managed to port my idea from Corel Photo-Paint into .avs script. Here how it looks in MPC

Link to my work (avs script plus sample files)
http://www.mediafire.com/?d4fzyaznjmx
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2009, 03:37   #1697  |  Link
jdeiro
Brazilian PS3 Fanboy

Quote:
jdeiro: you can always try with tsmuxer alone and see what error you'll get. multiAVCHD will always error out with "important files missing" if for some reason tsmuxer didn't do the job. Also, for MKV files multiAVCHD used mkvinfo output, not mediainfo.
Thanks! I ended up streaming this file.

Anyways, all other files seem to work perfectly.

Cheers!
jdeiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2009, 09:12   #1698  |  Link
CC78

Thank you Deank for your great job.

I would like to know if the "Panasonic SDHC output" will soon be developed. I have a Panasonic DMP-BD35 Blu-ray disc Player, and if you like I'll be ready to test this fonction.

Thanks again.
CC78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2009, 10:15   #1699  |  Link
Aai em ron

Quote:
I tried your file and here is what I get:

Code:
avis [info]: 1280x720 @ 23.98 fps (743 frames)
x264 [info]: using SAR=1/1
x264 [info]: using cpu capabilities: MMX2 SSE2Fast SSSE3 PH
x264 [info]: profile High, level 4.1
[5.0%] 37/743 frames, 7.91 fps, 3994.17 kb/s, eta 0:01:29
So the problem is with your directshow filter... and aai em diin (dei-A-n).

edit: It is fixed - i found the problem. Just redownload it.
Yes, it works fine now. Thank you very much for this great tool.
Old 25th March 2009, 11:09   #1700  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Quote:
Wouldn't be easier to use Ripbot for that purpose. I assume that one stream audio is enough for you. My formula is very accurate. Ahh One more thing. Don't forget to leave extra space for multiavchd menues.
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
avchd, blu-ray hd-dvd, mkv, multiavchd, re-author