Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > (HD) DVD & Blu-ray authoring
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 20th April 2010, 07:25   #5421  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rack04 View Post
Is it possible to add a Dolby TrueHD file as an external audio? I have a .264 that I created using x264 and a .thd that I extracted from Blu-ray using eac3to. I made sure to use the eac3to extension thd+ac3 to retain the ac3 core. When I try to add the renamed (thd+ac3 --> thd) file as external audio multiavchd doesn't add the file.
Just rename the audio to .ac3. When you import it you'll see (TrueHD) in its properties.

// edit: ...or update with multiUPDATE.exe. multiAVCHD will now recognize .thd extension (both in title properties or auto-loaded with video)

Last edited by deank; 20th April 2010 at 08:04.
deank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2010, 14:28   #5422  |  Link
rack04

Quote:
Originally Posted by deank View Post
Just rename the audio to .ac3. When you import it you'll see (TrueHD) in its properties.

// edit: ...or update with multiUPDATE.exe. multiAVCHD will now recognize .thd extension (both in title properties or auto-loaded with video)
Great work Dean. Thanks.
rack04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2010, 14:34   #5423  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Quote:
Originally Posted by f362580 View Post
i found a bug:
"menu -> advanced -> background audio" option is not saved to or loaded from project file and always resets to "default".

Also I think that "compilation name" should be set at "author" or "media" tab and kept on project file.
1) Probably you have [x] Discard settings from project files (mpf) in SETTINGS tab

2) Project name is saved in multiAVCHD.mpf in the output folder of your compilation. If you want to have it with [Save project] button then click [START], enter compilation name and click [X] to close the window.

Dean
Old 20th April 2010, 17:14   #5424  |  Link
Oldfart13

Quote:
Originally Posted by deank View Post
If you're converting mkv files to AVCHD with multiAVCHD and then playing the m2ts file directly you'll never get subtitles. I'm not really sure what you're trying to do. Try to use [AVCHD strict] button after you click [START] or do not create a menu...
Finally found a program that directly converts ass subs to srt so now I can play these MKVs. I'll still use multiAVCHD for converting things to play on other players though that don't have MKV playback capability. Thanks for your help.
Oldfart13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2010, 17:17   #5425  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Good... ASS/SSA to SRT is just 20 lines of code... I was thinking to put it as another tool in multiAVCHD's folder, but I guess there is not need for it.
Old 20th April 2010, 19:22   #5426  |  Link
spudman

Hi deank... I am very new to all this so please forgive me if im being a bit of nooob but what is the perpose of the NTSC PAL selection. Would it not matter what I was selecting if the project was being played on a ps3 with a relaxed avchd format on a DVD. Would it work on all formats (NTSC PAL units) ?
spudman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2010, 19:32   #5427  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

If your PS3 is the NTSC version make sure to use [NTSC] in TV system selection drop-down.

TV system setting has its purpose, so please use the correct one for your region.

//

Any TV system setting will work with PAL units. NTSC units will require NTSC system, so the safe way is to select (the default) NTSC.
Old 20th April 2010, 19:33   #5428  |  Link
spudman

Ok will do but what is this to do with ? Is it to do with the creation of the menus ?
Thanks for the help.

Ok brill so if I select NTSC im safe on all consoles really.
Thanks for the help its just that I have created a few Anime titles and my brother who has a NTSC unit wants to play them on his thats all.

Thanks again.

Last edited by spudman; 20th April 2010 at 19:54.
Old 20th April 2010, 20:00   #5429  |  Link
Adub
Fighting spam with a fish

@spudman,
The NTSC/PAL setting is very important for several things (including output resolution). Just use the right one and quit whining about it.

For more info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PAL#PAL_vs._NTSC
Old 20th April 2010, 22:26   #5430  |  Link
spudman

Thanks for the info Adub.... Im not whining though, just learing
Old 21st April 2010, 05:10   #5431  |  Link
Adub

Yes, I have to admit I was a little harsh. My apologies.

NTSC is most often used in North America, while PAL is most often used in Europe, if you need a good rule of thumb.
Old 21st April 2010, 13:19   #5432  |  Link
grandmasta

hello, I have now formatted my PC and installed multiavchd new.
but I still see in the chapter only black images. It is possible that it does not work with m2ts-files?
grandmasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2010, 15:31   #5433  |  Link
praneeth.gogineni

Suggestions

This going to be a long post of suggestions I have so can you please not skim it.

My first hope is that you can somehow give some of the functions of BD-Rebuilder to multiavchd. BD-Rebuilder converts a Blu ray or AVCHD disc to either a BD25, a BD9, or a BD5, while retaining anything wanting to be kept. If you could add this functionality to multiavchd it would be greatly appreciated. I am not sure if there is already a way to do this.

The next thing i would like to talk about is your menus, they are perfectly great, but I hope that you could combine them TVixie and make them super good. If you do not know what TVixie is just google it and install the program. Here is a picture template of what I Hope the new menu can look like, I Have also inserted a black box where you can input a movie clip. This template is only for 720p, and is partially edited. Along the top you can put the options of movie, chapters, setup, and title list. This particular template shows how Madagascar would look.

3rd your menus are good, but on my blu ray player when i click for another menu like chapters it pauses and changes, on normal blu ray's this is a smooth motion with no pause, but that may be because those are video overlays. If you could somehow change it so it is a smooth flawless motion that would also be appreciated.

4th your pop up menus, they have this space look to them. Is there a way in multiavchd you can change the look because the theme does not go well with most movies. If we could instead have a simplistic look, that would be appreaciated too. Also when I click on a button on the pop up menu I would be happier if it moved me to another pop up menu so I dont have to leave the movie rather than bringing me back to the top menu. Also i would like a smooth flawless motion on the pop up menus.

5th on the top menu is there a way to get rid of which version of multiavchd i made it with, because it always shows up in the bottom left hand corner with the time the disc was created.

6th on the menu can you add a way to select a certain video clip that will preview in the menu rather than having it from the beginning.

7th and lastly can you add an option to be able to change the color of your subtitles like to yellow.

Please reply in a post to how many of these suggestions you will use, how many you will try to do, how many are there, and how many you arent going to do.
praneeth.gogineni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2010, 15:45   #5434  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Quote:
Originally Posted by praneeth.gogineni View Post
This going to be a long post of suggestions I have so can you please not skim it.

Please reply in a post to how many of these suggestions you will use, how many you will try to do, how many are there, and how many you arent going to do.
1) Why would you need that - BD-Rebuilder already does the job. Still you can do the same for most blu-ray titles in RE-AUTHOR mode. Drag BDMV folder to multiAVCHD and you'll see.

2) --- Few other users asked about tvixie... I'll see about it

3) It can't be made more flawless, because multiAVCHD doesn't use IGS but video pages. It can't be changed.

4) Same for the pop-up. It can't be changed.

5) There is an option in MENU tab [-] Show build and time in footer. UNtick it.

6) Yes, you can add external video of your choice. And audio, too.

7) You can change the subtitle style in "Subtitle&Audio" tab.
Old 21st April 2010, 16:08   #5435  |  Link
praneeth.gogineni

thanks for the response, especially the reasoning now i understand the menus better. But the tvixie thing would be awesome. Thanks again
praneeth.gogineni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2010, 20:32   #5436  |  Link
spudman

Tvixie would be SUPERB !!!! if this could be built into this program.
Old 21st April 2010, 22:54   #5437  |  Link
Adub

Hmm... didn't Pelican release some support for IGS muxing recently?
Old 22nd April 2010, 01:50   #5438  |  Link
crl2007

Yes, he did. In BDEdit. Here is the guide for IGS menu editing and here is the guide for blu-ray re-authoring using multiAVCHD.

Last edited by crl2007; 22nd April 2010 at 01:54.
crl2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2010, 16:40   #5439  |  Link
deank
Programmer (or just 教务长)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adub View Post
Hmm... didn't Pelican release some support for IGS muxing recently?
He did, but how do you 'automate' it into an application?

Latest update for 747:

* Fix for IGS: now all menu IGS are set with proper fps, according to the TV system setting
* Fix for pop-up menu (faster + TV system)

Dean
Old 23rd April 2010, 00:30   #5440  |  Link
Adub

Quote:
He did, but how do you 'automate' it into an application?
Yeah, that I can't answer. Maybe Pelican9 can come out with a commandline app that will help with menu creation and editing.

Tags
avchd, blu-ray hd-dvd, mkv, multiavchd, re-author