Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > (Auto) Gordian Knot

Old 26th January 2002, 12:58   #1  |  Link
jack-gal

Problems with GK.. help !

Hi everybody !
I just tried GK and it seems great ! But I have a problem. I have carefully followed the instructions of the guides. I use Divx 4.12 on a PAL film.
The credits are first encoded perfectly, and when the first pass begins, it tells me for the predicted file size "3500 K" and the frames are less than 100 octets. (for credits they were 5K I think). I don't understand what's the problem.
If I hit "Abort", it begins the second pass with a bitrate which seems to be correct and the predicted file size is "200 MB". What are the correct values ?
Thank you for your help !!!

PS: I'm french, and newbie to Divx, sorry for my poor english, I hope you understand me...
jack-gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2002, 14:03   #2  |  Link
Doom9
clueless n00b

you just jumped to conclusions here.. you should just have let the program run and see what you get. The first pass creates a dummy AVI file that's small and useless... and a log file containing info about the video (very useful).. in fact all you need from the first pass is that log file.. then during the 2nd pass that logfile is used to better distribute the bits.

So.. try again and don't abort this time.. your size problem in the 2nd pass is only a followup error caused by aborting the first pass.
Old 26th January 2002, 14:10   #3  |  Link
jack-gal

THank you for your help !
I have restarted, and this I won't hit abort !
jack-gal is offline   Reply With Quote