Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs

Old 9th July 2016, 14:05   #1161  |  Link
RocketJet

Yes, that worked. Thanks.
RocketJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2016, 15:42   #1162  |  Link
RandomEngy
VidCoder Author

I could shell out to Verisign for a code signing certificate that would prevent that but it's out of the range of money I'm willing to spend for a free project.
RandomEngy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2016, 18:46   #1163  |  Link
Wildfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomEngy View Post
I could shell out to Verisign for a code signing certificate that would prevent that but it's out of the range of money I'm willing to spend for a free project.
Really not necessary. Just add some info to your website about that pop-up explaining why & how. That should be enough for people who aren't familiar with that pop-up.
Wildfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2016, 15:47   #1164  |  Link
CommonMortal

Hello, unfortunately i have little time to explain better, because i am leaving for vacation. But, the stable version as well as the beta 2.31 have the same problem with trueHD. I was getting no audio, while the stable Handbrake, it encodes the audio. I tried both ac3 2ch and AAC 2ch and VidCoder gives no audio. Happy vacations everyone!
CommonMortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2016, 00:40   #1165  |  Link
RandomEngy
VidCoder Author

Released VidCoder 2.32 Beta:
  • Updated HandBrake core. This should fix QSV encoding.
  • Added error handling for a missing custom video player.
  • Added protection for crash when messagebox owner window can't be found.
  • Removed extra logging of JSON encode object and got rid of empty lines there.
Old 1st August 2016, 22:19   #1166  |  Link
drizzit

First of all thank you very much for the brilliant program RandomEngy!

A couple questions about x265, is it possible to manually update the version used? And is it possible to see the version included somewhere?

The only reference to a version I can find is in the logfiles where it say "HEVC encoder version 1.9" but I'm not sure if this means the first version of 1.9 exactly or any of the later releases?
I would love to try out the new 2.0 branch but judging from the above I guess handbrake still havent updated to that version?
I might just fail at finding the information but even with the nightly version number in vidcoders help menu I cant actually find what versions they are using.... any tips are welcome

Thank you for your time
drizzit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2016, 05:49   #1167  |  Link
RandomEngy
VidCoder Author

It looks like they grab the source from here:

X265.FETCH.url = http://download.handbrake.fr/contrib/x265_1.9.tar.gz
X265.FETCH.url += https://download.videolan.org/pub/vi...265_1.9.tar.gz

So looks like 1.9 .
Old 2nd August 2016, 22:22   #1168  |  Link
drizzit

Figured that was the case, thank you very much for the confirmation.

But I take it thats a no on being able to manually update then? Figured it was worth asking atleast
Old 4th August 2016, 05:48   #1169  |  Link
RandomEngy
VidCoder Author

No, it's something that's compiled into hb.dll. The HandBrake devs normally integrate these library updates.
Old 4th August 2016, 06:28   #1170  |  Link
drizzit

Ok will just have to wait then, thank you very much for the replys and keep up the great work
Old 10th September 2016, 16:35   #1171  |  Link
RandomEngy
VidCoder Author

Released VidCoder 2.33 Beta:
  • Updated HandBrake core to bring in new Opus audio codec.
  • Fixed crash from UnauthorizedAcessException when trying to delete a DVD folder.
  • Fixed crash when trying to play a missing video file.
  • Fixed issue where "Open Containing Folder" didn't work on paths over 120 characters long.
  • Fixed custom denoise box not appearing.
  • Updated Spanish and Russian translations.
Old 11th September 2016, 09:52   #1172  |  Link
Przemek_Sperling

Thanks, but I have some problems with Opus audio encoding. I tried to convert "Whiplash" and I can convert it to stereo. No 5.1 is possible, The source DVD, of course, comtains 5.1 tracks.

BTW, it is incredible how small AND GOOD x.265 + Opus files can be!
Przemek_Sperling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2016, 07:03   #1173  |  Link
RandomEngy
VidCoder Author

Released VidCoder 2.34 Beta:
  • Updated HandBrake core to fix crashing issue on some encodes.
Old 23rd September 2016, 17:14   #1174  |  Link
JohnAStebbins

Quote:
It should also fix the opus 5.1 encoding problem
JohnAStebbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd September 2016, 20:07   #1175  |  Link
Wildfire

Quote:
So that's why my PC crashed a few days ago, almost when the encode was finished :P
Wildfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2016, 17:14   #1176  |  Link
Przemek_Sperling

Everything works with flying colours, Opus 5.1 encodes can be done without any problems. Thanks!
Old 20th October 2016, 08:47   #1177  |  Link
Przemek_Sperling

I converted some DVDs (around 40 of them) for my friend who has no coding knowledge. Do not afraid, it is allowed in Poland (fair use), moreover most DVDs are her, but she has no standalone DVD but she has a smart TV so she can connect an external HDD.

Anyway, I used HEVC and almost all encodings were very good. I have problems with two of them and I would like to ask if anyone has ever had similar to mine.

“Inside Llewyn Davies” – the video shows strong banding, moreover, the file is exceptionally small. The quality of the video is so-so. I coded everything as x265, quality 18, ultrafast. English (all the movies are English spoken and my friend understands written English) and Polish subtitles. Most encodings are 1.0 -1.6 gigabytes in size. This one is around 600 megabytes. What wonders me the movie shows banding and almost does not increase the size if the quality is set to 16 or even 14 (I know, madness!). It decreases a bit if use another settings like superfast or veryfast The quality is always rather not satisfactory.

“Beetlejuice” – the original DVD contains a lot of subtitles, I think 25 or so (all of them shown by my standalone player). VidCoder shows only 7 of them – two English, two German, one French, one Italian, one Spanish. MakeMKV shows all of them so I made an mkv file (MPEG-2, English and Polish subs only) with the program and coded it with VidCoder (mkv, HEVC, AC3). The result is as it should be.

Is anyone who experienced similar problems? Just in case I can serve with logs (or whatever you want) after weekend.

PS I use the latest beta.

Last edited by Przemek_Sperling; 20th October 2016 at 08:49. Reason: reason for editing? Weak memory :-(
Old 30th October 2016, 04:58   #1178  |  Link
RandomEngy
VidCoder Author

Released VidCoder 2.35 Beta:
  • Overhauled sizing UI:
    * Added padding support
    * Streamlined UI: No longer can specify both Width and Max Width, simply a checkbox to allow Anamorphic support, Custom Anamorphic gone in favor of Manual sizing
    * Moved rotation to Sizing tab
    * Renamed tabs Picture -> Sizing, Video -> Video Encoding
    * Removed Pixel Aspect Ratio information in input/output preview boxes if PAR is 1:1.
    * Sections within Sizing tab now wrap dynamically, supporting more window sizes.
  • Updated HandBrake core.
  • Fixed issue where fallback encoder wasn't respected in some cases for auto-passthrough.
  • Updated installer to download .NET Framework 4.6.2 when it is not installed already.
  • Updated handling of invalid filter settings to drop the filter and log an informative error message instead of failing the encode.

Warning: The sizing settings on user presets may have been altered, you may want to check them out to make sure they are still the way you want them.
Old 3rd November 2016, 20:14   #1179  |  Link
Slitheen

What's this scaling mode option about. Sometimes I scale up material, do I need to check this box?
Slitheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2016, 22:34   #1180  |  Link
buffalofloyd

Quote:
Released VidCoder 2.35 Beta:
  • Overhauled sizing UI:
    * Added padding support
    * Streamlined UI: No longer can specify both Width and Max Width, simply a checkbox to allow Anamorphic support, Custom Anamorphic gone in favor of Manual sizing
    * Moved rotation to Sizing tab
    * Renamed tabs Picture -> Sizing, Video -> Video Encoding
    * Removed Pixel Aspect Ratio information in input/output preview boxes if PAR is 1:1.
    * Sections within Sizing tab now wrap dynamically, supporting more window sizes.
  • Updated HandBrake core.
  • Fixed issue where fallback encoder wasn't respected in some cases for auto-passthrough.
  • Updated installer to download .NET Framework 4.6.2 when it is not installed already.
  • Updated handling of invalid filter settings to drop the filter and log an informative error message instead of failing the encode.

Warning: The sizing settings on user presets may have been altered, you may want to check them out to make sure they are still the way you want them.
Thank you very very much for adding the padding feature, which kind of works like uncropMKV. I'm a little confused by it but I'm going to keep experimenting and see if I can get the hang of it. Thanks again
buffalofloyd is offline   Reply With Quote