Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 22nd January 2018, 11:33   #26981  |  Link
MrVideo

Menu Colors

I'm confused by the MENU_CUSTOM_COLOR setting, as it appears to do nothing.

When I set MENU_ACTIVE_COLOR to "0xA7A7A7", in order to have a gray active text, the non-active text is not the value of MENU_CUSTOM_COLOR. It is a little (very little) darker value of MENU_ACTIVE_COLOR, resulting in one not being able to see a difference in the active/non-active colors (unless one changes the selection and then it is barely visible).

I set MENU_CUSTOM_COLOR=green and that resulted in no green non-active text.

How do I set the non-active text so that the difference can be seen? Maybe a MENU_NONACTIVE_COLOR setting? If set to "", then the BDRB default value is used.

By having a MENU_NONACTIVE_COLOR setting, then the menu can have three colors: non-active, active and selected (default white).
MrVideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2018, 15:01   #26982  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVideo View Post
I'm confused by the MENU_CUSTOM_COLOR setting, as it appears to do nothing.

When I set MENU_ACTIVE_COLOR to "0xA7A7A7", in order to have a gray active text, the non-active text is not the value of MENU_CUSTOM_COLOR. It is a little (very little) darker value of MENU_ACTIVE_COLOR, resulting in one not being able to see a difference in the active/non-active colors (unless one changes the selection and then it is barely visible).

I set MENU_CUSTOM_COLOR=green and that resulted in no green non-active text.

How do I set the non-active text so that the difference can be seen? Maybe a MENU_NONACTIVE_COLOR setting? If set to "", then the BDRB default value is used.

By having a MENU_NONACTIVE_COLOR setting, then the menu can have three colors: non-active, active and selected (default white).
MENU_CUSTOM_COLOR just lets you define a color that can be used outside of the defaults (RED, GREEN, etc). Then you could use it with either MENU_ACTIVE or MENU_INACTIVE. It's a "left over" capability that is just supported for later compatibility. For example you could set:

MENU_CUSTOM_COLOR=0x40FF30
MENU_ACTIVE_COLOR=CUSTOM

Of course you could get the same thing by just using:

MENU_ACTIVE_COLOR=0x40FF30

Note: There is a setting called MENU_INACTIVE_COLOR.

Last edited by jdobbs; 22nd January 2018 at 15:15.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2018, 15:20   #26983  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch3vr0n View Post
That has absolutely nothing to do with bd-rebuilder. You're getting a burn error and the reason is your cheap crappy ritek blanks you're using. Get better quality like verbatim bd-r's. That iso also wasn't created with bdrb I'm pretty sure. Unless I'm mistaking 'foxburner' application identifier is used by elby's CloneBD. But that's besides the point. Your problem is the blank discs.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk
It looks to me like the original burning software tried to write past the end of the disc... just guessing, though. The error was:

Code:
Failed to Read Sectors 11471296 - 11471327 - Reason: Logical Block Address out of Range
That read reached beyond the last sector written:

Code:
Found end of Disc! - Sector: 11471296
So, at a minimum, it is trying to read something that isn't there -- I tend to believe the burning software was at fault.

With that said... it has absolutely nothing to do with BD Rebuilder. It might be a good question for the IMGBURN forum

Last edited by jdobbs; 22nd January 2018 at 15:26.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2018, 15:41   #26984  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
MENU_CUSTOM_COLOR just lets you define a color that can be used outside of the defaults (RED, GREEN, etc). Then you could use it with either MENU_ACTIVE or MENU_INACTIVE. It's a "left over" capability that is just supported for later compatibility. For example you could set:

MENU_CUSTOM_COLOR=0x40FF30
MENU_ACTIVE_COLOR=CUSTOM
Ah OK. Now it is clear. Thanks for the info.
Quote:
Note: There is a setting called MENU_INACTIVE_COLOR.
Oh crap, there it is. Don't know how I missed that. Must be the added year to my birth.
Old 25th January 2018, 05:30   #26985  |  Link
Rich86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch3vr0n View Post
That has absolutely nothing to do with bd-rebuilder. You're getting a burn error and the reason is your cheap crappy ritek blanks you're using. Get better quality like verbatim bd-r's. That iso also wasn't created with bdrb I'm pretty sure. Unless I'm mistaking 'foxburner' application identifier is used by elby's CloneBD. But that's besides the point. Your problem is the blank discs.

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk
I've been using ritek blanks" (4x BD-Rs) for a number of years with 100% success and multi-year testing afterwards demonstrating they still play perfectly. Ritek had a period when recordable DVDs were not reliable, but that has nothing to do with their current BD-Rs. My current "goto" BD burner drives are all LGs (internally installed full-size drive plus a slim/portable drive mounted in a portable USB case).- they have performed flawlessly!
Rich86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2018, 01:22   #26986  |  Link
Blurayhd

Quote:
When I release it for test you will be able to import a 2160p MKV.
Hi guys hi Jdobbs

Since we comment on this topic UFHD and talking about this, and just out of curiosity if I download a movie in UFHD and then pass it with the next version of bd rebuilder to Full HD, there is a possibility in the final result (considering the source is an ufhd), the fhd quality result could be better than if I do the same from a bd50 fhd to BD25?

I really hope you can undestand it thankyou jdobbs for do it
Blurayhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2018, 04:57   #26987  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blurayhd View Post
Since we comment on this topic UFHD ...
What is UFHD?
Old 26th January 2018, 10:37   #26988  |  Link
kufo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVideo View Post
What is UFHD?
I think it should be UHD
Just an F tooo much
kufo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2018, 14:43   #26989  |  Link
Blurayhd

Quote:
Originally Posted by kufo View Post
I think it should be UHD
Just an F tooo much
Sorry for that
Blurayhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2018, 14:55   #26990  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kufo View Post
Just an F tooo much
I often do that in conversations.
Old 26th January 2018, 21:48   #26991  |  Link
kufo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blurayhd View Post
Sorry for that

No need to say sorry -I considered it funny, thats all
kufo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2018, 01:15   #26992  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Lathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2018, 13:15   #26993  |  Link
Sharc

@jdobbs
Just a friendly reminder (I know it's not on your current priority list...): Any chance that the --sar bug which I reported here will perhaps be fixed in an upcoming release?
My point is that imported 720x576i 4:3 footage should be encoded with --sar 12:11 rather than 10:11. Depending on the playback scenario the wrong --sar can produce a distorted picture which is a pity because all the rest is just perfect
Thank you.

Last edited by Sharc; 27th January 2018 at 13:24.
Sharc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2018, 21:33   #26994  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:
Funnnny! I've noticed your cunning linguistic ability, and wouldn't peg you has every other sentence F-er. My girlfriend is pretty skilled that way also, but Whhhhhew, she can produce some Fing tones if someone is really overboard to get a point across to them to stop. She usually receives some surprising looks because she's pretty creative and a looker....and does a lot with winks and slight expressions.

Orrrrr...were you meaning F from the other end, while engaged in conversations? ;-)
Old 27th January 2018, 22:05   #26995  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaFuture View Post
Funnnny! I've noticed your cunning linguistic ability, and wouldn't peg you has every other sentence F-er. My girlfriend is pretty skilled that way also, but Whhhhhew, she can produce some Fing tones if someone is really overboard to get a point across to them to stop. She usually receives some surprising looks because she's pretty creative and a looker....and does a lot with winks and slight expressions.

Orrrrr...were you meaning F from the other end, while engaged in conversations? ;-)
AF... you honestly think WAY too much...
Old 28th January 2018, 01:51   #26996  |  Link
ggtop

Small bug in alternate output

Hi jdobbs,

I just ran into a small issue backing up Star Wars (Epidsode 5) into MP4 container. BDRB created a file with forced subs for ENG and hardcoded them. My setting is SUPTITLE=1 of course and
FORCED_SUB_LANG=deu;ger;
DEU and GER had no forced subs, but a ENG commentary stream had some. They were extracted to a 9999 file.
Disabling SUPTITLE for that title did the trick.

If you need some more info please let me know.

ggtop
ggtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2018, 03:19   #26997  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggtop View Post
Hi jdobbs,

I just ran into a small issue backing up Star Wars (Epidsode 5) into MP4 container. BDRB created a file with forced subs for ENG and hardcoded them. My setting is SUPTITLE=1 of course and
FORCED_SUB_LANG=deu;ger;
DEU and GER had no forced subs, but a ENG commentary stream had some. They were extracted to a 9999 file.
Disabling SUPTITLE for that title did the trick.

If you need some more info please let me know.

ggtop
Interesting that there weren't any forced subtitles in the German track. The language being spoken at the time wasn't German was it? I'll change it so that when you have a forced subtitle language selected it won't default to the English forced subs when there aren't any others. It would be annoying to have hardcoded subtitles in a language other than your own native language.
Old 28th January 2018, 11:51   #26998  |  Link
ggtop

Quote:
I'll change it so that when you have a forced subtitle language selected it won't default to the English forced subs when there aren't any others. It would be annoying to have hardcoded subtitles in a language other than your own native language.
Thank you very much. If you want me test some some combinations let me know. I currently have quite a large number of discs I want to encode to MP4.

Quote:
Interesting that there weren't any forced subtitles in the German track. The language being spoken at the time wasn't German was it?
No, the subtitle stream in question is an additional commentary stream with just the names of the persons currently speaking in the director's comments audio stream. Saw that on other discs as well.

That brings me to a request: As the anylysis of the correct subtitle stream can be done only after extraction would it be possible to add a (hidden) option to stop BDRB from starting the first video Encoding segment? Background: As long as the first video segment hasn't been encoded successfullly I still have the chance to enable a subtitle stream and to turn it on if the subtitles aren't flagged as forced and then to continue...
Right now I wait for the extraction/indexing to be completed and press "Abort" for subtitle analyzing.
50% of my discs do not have forced subtitles. They have a stream of their own without flags.

EDIT: Such an option would only be useful (for me) in non batch mode.

ggtop

Last edited by ggtop; 28th January 2018 at 13:39.
ggtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2018, 20:37   #26999  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathe View Post
AF... you honestly think WAY too much...
Ohh, Mr. Mascot, Mr. Guru?

Any time someone tells me I think too much (or meditate too much)...my alarms begin to chime a warning towards that person. ;-)
Old 29th January 2018, 20:43   #27000  |  Link
Lathe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmigaFuture View Post
Ohh, Mr. Mascot, Mr. Guru?

Any time someone tells me I think too much (or meditate too much)...my alarms begin to chime a warning towards that person. ;-)
Uh huh... Uh... it's called 'Irony' mate