Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > (HD) DVD, Blu-ray & (S)VCD > DVD & BD Rebuilder

Old 29th June 2011, 11:03   #12361  |  Link
isoss

hoi Djobs

It is still not posible to encode secundare audio DTS expres when wil this problem be fix?

Greatings

Isoss
isoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2011, 21:09   #12362  |  Link
Ch3vr0n

no it still aint possible. It will be possible for jdobbs when he finds a solution to the remuxing problem he's got or when a free encoder is develloped or found that supports dts-e
Ch3vr0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2011, 23:09   #12363  |  Link
drmih

Actually from earlier replies it looks like it has to be a remux of the original dts-e. It is possible to use eac3to to extract the dts-e track, and then ffmpeg or aften can re-encode it as an eac3, which could be remuxed and is a compliant secondary PiP audio format. However, apparently there can be control segments within the dts-e track to control the audio level and mixing, which would be lost in a re-encode. I have to say that I think that in most cases you could get away with using a re-encode eac3 track.
drmih is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2011, 00:09   #12364  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmih View Post
Actually from earlier replies it looks like it has to be a remux of the original dts-e. It is possible to use eac3to to extract the dts-e track, and then ffmpeg or aften can re-encode it as an eac3, which could be remuxed and is a compliant secondary PiP audio format. However, apparently there can be control segments within the dts-e track to control the audio level and mixing, which would be lost in a re-encode. I have to say that I think that in most cases you could get away with using a re-encode eac3 track.
Actually I don't believe they (AFTEN or FFMPEG) can reencode it... because they can't decode it. Also, the output would have to be either E-AC3 (DD Plus) or DTS-E. I don't think either of those encoders can do that.

Last edited by jdobbs; 30th June 2011 at 01:50.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2011, 11:12   #12365  |  Link
drmih

You're probably correct but I have used eac3to take a dts-e track from a disc and produce a standalone audio track (I can't remember whether I did it to ac3 or DTS) which is the correct length and I have listened to for verification. Although I haven't got a recent build, I have seen source code posts which advise that libavcodec now has a patch for eac3enc.c and FFMpeg does mention E-AC-3 encoding. There is the associated text:

"This patch set adds basic support for E-AC-3 encoding. The quality is pretty much still the same as normal AC-3, but this is the starting point for adding more E-AC-3 features. It does have the advantage of supporting a wider variety and range of bit rates rather than just the 19 supported by AC-3. For example, 48kHz content can go up to 1024kbps, and will eventually be able to go even higher.

This is part of my project sponsored by the Foundation for Free Multimedia Technology. Future improvements will include:

- E-AC-3 mixing and production metadata support
- high bitrate support using fewer blocks per frame
- AHT encoding (better quality via better quantization)
- Spectral Extension support
- optional: Enhanced Coupling "

**I have looked at the latest FFMpeg (26/06/2011) and the Help does give an insight, but whether it is suitable for what you're trying to achieve is beyond me:
"File formats:
D. = Demuxing supported
.E = Muxing supported
--

DE eac3 raw E-AC-3"

"E-AC-3 Encoder AVOptions:
-dialnorm <int> E..A. Dialogue Level (dB)
-stereo_rematrixing <int> E..A. Stereo Rematrixing
-channel_coupling <int> E..A. Channel Coupling
auto E..A. Selected by the Encoder
-cpl_start_band <int> E..A. Coupling Start Band
auto E..A. Selected by the Encoder"

"Codecs:
D..... = Decoding supported
.E.... = Encoding supported
..V... = Video codec
..A... = Audio codec
..S... = Subtitle codec
...S.. = Supports draw_horiz_band
....D. = Supports direct rendering method 1
.....T = Supports weird frame truncation
------

DEA eac3 ATSC A/52 E-AC-3"

Last edited by drmih; 30th June 2011 at 11:40.
Old 30th June 2011, 12:49   #12366  |  Link
jdobbs

And how would you decode DTS-E (for reencoding)? There are lots of ways to decode e-ac3, are you sure that isn't what you've reencoded before? If you've reencoded DTS-E -- then you must have a payware decoder installed somehow. I can tell you that nothing on my system will decode it. But if you've found a way to do it (with freeware), I'd love to hear the details.

The bottom line is that DTS-E should prefereably to be kept intact. In fact both DTS-E and E-AC3 secondary audio should be kept intact. Since the bitrate is already low, there is no reason to reencode. You really don't accomplish anything by doing so. The problem is how to remux DTS-E...

Last edited by jdobbs; 30th June 2011 at 12:59.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2011, 13:57   #12367  |  Link
drmih

As I mentioned, you can extract the dts-e track from a disc using eac3to - either raw, or as I did, to another format. That definately works as I've done it (I will check that unbeknown to me a commericial codec wasn't picked up, as I have arcsoft installed - I certainly haven't got anything but software players on the machine). As there is currently only the ability to remux an E-AC3 track, the suggestion was that as a work around you could convert from DTS-E into E-AC3 to get a secondary audio capability. Obviously keeping them untouched and remuxing them has got to be better, but given that no one has successfully managed this in a year and a half suggests that it's not easy.

**Reading through the old updates to eac3to it appears that it might automatically pick up either the nero or arcsoft dts decoders if present. Although these are 'commercial', given that many people will have them installed, couldn't it be an option to use these if present? I remember there was a work around in the early versions when there was the issue with the fields (before a solution was found) where an arcsoft library was used.

Last edited by drmih; 30th June 2011 at 14:47.
Old 30th June 2011, 16:36   #12368  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
As I mentioned, you can extract the dts-e track from a disc using eac3to - either raw, or as I did, to another format. That definately works as I've done it (I will check that unbeknown to me a commericial codec wasn't picked up, as I have arcsoft installed - I certainly haven't got anything but software players on the machine). As there is currently only the ability to remux an E-AC3 track, the suggestion was that as a work around you could convert from DTS-E into E-AC3 to get a secondary audio capability. Obviously keeping them untouched and remuxing them has got to be better, but given that no one has successfully managed this in a year and a half suggests that it's not easy.

**Reading through the old updates to eac3to it appears that it might automatically pick up either the nero or arcsoft dts decoders if present. Although these are 'commercial', given that many people will have them installed, couldn't it be an option to use these if present? I remember there was a work around in the early versions when there was the issue with the fields (before a solution was found) where an arcsoft library was used.
Sorry, but I will not build any dependencies on commercial software.
Old 30th June 2011, 19:33   #12369  |  Link
illuminatori

Hello, i dont know if this is a bug or just me missing something obvious.

Just did a fresh install of my OS (win 7) downloaded all files from first page of this thread (as i have done on numerous occasions before) when i ran the inspection it reported HAALI splitter wrong version-so i did a wipe and re-download but the same thing happend again.

Is it a problem on my side or is there something wrong with the download.

- Windows Version: 6.1 [7601]
- AVISYNTH Version: 2.5.8.0, Ok
- HAALI Splitter: Isn't recommended version
- FFDSHOW: 3882, Ok
- WIN7 preferred AVC CODEC: Ok
- WIN7 preferred VC-1 CODEC: Ok
- WIN7 preferred MPEG2 CODEC: Ok
- FFDSHOW VC-1 set to "wmv9", Ok
- FFDSHOW MPEG2 set to "libavcodec": Ok
- FFDSHOW AVC set to "libavcodec": Ok
- BD Rebuilder v0.38.0.4, Ok
- X264: Ok
- AFTEN: Ok
- FAAC: Ok
- MP4BOX: Ok
- WAVI: Ok
- TSMUXER: Ok

Thank you.
illuminatori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2011, 19:56   #12370  |  Link
jdobbs

That's a bug in v0.38.04. If the size of the HAALI\Matroskasplitter program folder is 5,341,184 bytes you should be alright.
Old 30th June 2011, 20:22   #12371  |  Link
illuminatori

Thank you for your reply and for a great programe.
illuminatori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th June 2011, 20:44   #12372  |  Link
drmih

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
Sorry, but I will not build any dependencies on commercial software.
Okay. Perhaps just a quick question. Assuming I only have a rudimentary knowledge of bdedit, if I was to convert a dts-e track to eac3, and then remux the m2ts with it, how messed up with the files be to make them ready for bd rebuilder? I know that I'd have to change the flag of the audio stream type, but is that just the tip of the iceberg?
Old 30th June 2011, 22:03   #12373  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Okay. Perhaps just a quick question. Assuming I only have a rudimentary knowledge of bdedit, if I was to convert a dts-e track to eac3, and then remux the m2ts with it, how messed up with the files be to make them ready for bd rebuilder? I know that I'd have to change the flag of the audio stream type, but is that just the tip of the iceberg?
With a secondary it's likely to be a mess, because of the way they are referenced in the MPLS.
Old 1st July 2011, 03:38   #12374  |  Link
picrade

Inspect problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
That's a bug in v0.38.04. If the size of the HAALI\Matroskasplitter program folder is 5,341,184 bytes you should be alright.
I have similar problem as illuminatori a few posts ago with Inspect on a new Windows 7 machine.
It checks AVISYNTH version which is ok then it pops up the error:

Run-time error '13':
Type mismatch

The next item to check would have been Matroska splitter.
The size of my Matroska splitter folder is 5,298,204.
The size on disk is 5,341,184.
This is the version I downloaded using the link on the first page of this thread.

Is this error also related to the bug in 0.39.04 that you mentioned?
picrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2011, 08:17   #12375  |  Link
jfcarbel
Programmer

In the first post regarding ffdshow- "and make sure MPEG2 decoding is enabled. "

Can you indicate if we should choose libmpeg2 or libavcodec.
jfcarbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2011, 15:43   #12376  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by picrade View Post
I have similar problem as illuminatori a few posts ago with Inspect on a new Windows 7 machine.
It checks AVISYNTH version which is ok then it pops up the error:

Run-time error '13':
Type mismatch

The next item to check would have been Matroska splitter.
The size of my Matroska splitter folder is 5,298,204.
The size on disk is 5,341,184.
This is the version I downloaded using the link on the first page of this thread.

Is this error also related to the bug in 0.39.04 that you mentioned?
No that wouldn't be related to the error I mentioned. Weird, though, that you could get that error when others don't. I'll check it out.

You're right, I quoted the "size on disc" rather than the actual size. 5,298,204 is what I should have said.
Old 1st July 2011, 15:45   #12377  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfcarbel View Post
In the first post regarding ffdshow- "and make sure MPEG2 decoding is enabled. "

Can you indicate if we should choose libmpeg2 or libavcodec.
Either is fine. I use libavcodec.
Old 2nd July 2011, 03:42   #12378  |  Link
RobertM

Hi Folks,

I'm having a small problem with a BD-25 "movie only" backup of Wall-E (region A). The entire rebuild plays fine up to about the 1:10:00 mark, then there is a slight hesitation (a few seconds), and then, without any intervention from me, the movie continues perfectly to the end. I tried a BD-50 "full" backup and it doesn't have the hesitation. I repeated the BD-25 "movie only" rebuild and the hesitation appears again at exactly the same spot. My standalone player is a Sony S580, and I tried this with both BD-RB 38.03 and 38.04.

I noticed that the "movie only" rebuild was only approx 19 GB and that no re-encoding was required, so I used tsMuxeR to create a manual rebuild. I joined all the parts of the stream together, using BD-Rebuilder to guide me in selecting the playlist file order. The resulting contiguous m2ts file plays fine without the hesitation.

I've done many builds and this is the first instance of a glitch like this. My manual build works fine, so I'm not in any panic over this. But if further investigation is warranted to determine if this is an actual bug then I'm willing to do some more troubleshooting.

Regards,
Bob
RobertM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2011, 03:42   #12379  |  Link
owine

Trying to shrink a BD50 to a BD25, but keep hitting this error (attached) no matter what disc I try.

Have all the requirements, inspect comes back clean. Something on my end? Any help appreciated.
Attached Images

owine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2011, 09:00   #12380  |  Link
jfcarbel
Programmer

I scanned over the release notes and did not find any new features related to cutting end credits. tsmuxer does accept values to cut a stream.

Does BD rebuilder use tsmuxer and if so could it be possible to add a hidden_Opt to pass in these cut parms?

Have some titles that are only over by a hair and then they have to be re-encoded. Would be nice to be able to chop a ## number of minutes of the end od the stream.
jfcarbel is offline   Reply With Quote